Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

I also wouldn't mind signing kyle Fuller to a multi-year deal, and having Kendall play the slot/ free safety role.  Our secondary would be in good hands for the next few years.  Hopefully Kendall can recruit his brother to come home and win a ring with the hometown team.

It’s better for him if he signs a 1 year deal and puts up an All Pro year. Question is would he pass up a few mil for 1 year to play with his brother near home?

Important to note too that we will have a LOT of free agents next year, including the guys we brought in last year (Logan Thomas, Lucas, McKissic, etc). We will be due comp picks and Kyle Fuller would get us a 3rd in 2023

To your point, forgot Kendall plays safety too. You can pass on Boston then

Edited by method man
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Dude cannot tackle. No harm letting him compete with Boston for the starting gig

Respectfully, he's a young player who could still be improving. Maybe you're right, but maybe the coaches think he can be coached up to do that and that he's worth a shot because he's very good in other areas?  

31 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I think the reason we haven’t signed a starter level FS or LB are there are players we really like in the draft. Probably plan to see if we get one, and if we don’t, sign one in FA. 

I have a hard time believing this is the plan. For one, anyone outside of the first round you really can't count on being starters from Day 1. Sure, it can happen. But it never should be Plan A. Second, the team has no idea who will be available at any of its picks. If someone is good enough to walk in and be a starter from Day 1, surely some others teams think that too. And could draft them first. And then what? The guys Washington wanted were drafted, so now the tea, will pick the leftovers. By then, most good free agents will be signed. That seems like a lose-lose scenario.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Respectfully, he's a young player who could still be improving. Maybe you're right, but maybe the coaches think he can be coached up to do that and that he's worth a shot because he's very good in other areas?  

Not many players improve their tackling significantly over time. I remember D Hall did but not many other examples

Just now, method man said:

Not many players improve their tackling significantly over time. I remember D Hall did but not many other examples

Well, we just signed a LB who can't cover....maybe the reality is that you can't have total package players all over the field cause of cap reasons? 

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Well, we just signed a LB who can't cover....maybe the reality is that you can't have total package players all over the field cause of cap reasons? 

Collins can't cover but can tackle, Reaves can't tackle but can cover???? Split the difference and alternate them in and out?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, carex said:

several other franchise guys have signed extended deals

Sure, some have, but some haven't. And the cap raise next year is one of the main reasons so many FAs this year are looking for 1 year deals. So it's possible that Scherff and Allen are open to LTDs now, but also possible that they're betting on themselves and waiting for the cap increase. Or their managers are advising that.

On that note, I'm not sure what's going to happen to Allen. I'd love to extend him as he's a top notch character guy and leader. But if he asks to be paid like a top 3 DT then I think I'd pass. He's just not that good. Rarely draws doubles and has mediocre stats. Scherff is a legit top 3 guy in the league. Allen is far from that. Besides, I still think we're going to have to let one of our main interior guys walk at some point.

• Like 1

Just now, kingdaddy said:

that's possible.  But with our current LB corps if we wanted to sign an LB with only one skill coverage should be that skill

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Our 2nd round pick is arguably the sweet spot for either Friermuth, Brevin Jordan or Tremble.    I'd bet right now that there is a good shot they take one of them.

Arguably its not a deep draft for TE but the top ones are decent.    Personally I am a big Jordan and Tremble guy. 

Friermuth is outstanding too.....I would love to get him. Hope your theory is right.

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

maybe?

Forgot about Burton.  WFT has to have their eye on someone.  He would be a good get but he getting up there.  He'd suffice for a couple years and then add via the draft.

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Man I can't believe Anthony Harris only signed a 1-year 5m dollar contract. I wonder why we didn't jump all over that?

Harris had a very down year last year.  He's on a prove it deal so I'm not upset about his signing.  His decline could have started last year and we saved ourselves 5 mill..

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Harris had a very down year last year.  He's on a prove it deal so I'm not upset about his signing.  His decline could have started last year and we saved ourselves 5 mill..

Id kick the tires on that, that's super cheap if he can get back to 2019 form. 

14 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Friermuth is outstanding too.....I would love to get him. Hope your theory is right.

Would be amazing.  If nothing else hearing exactly how Collinsworth butchers saying "Fitz to Friermuth" would be comedy gold.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

I assume you've seen all the civil suits that have been filed against him recently with supposedly more to come.

I have no idea if he's guilty or not but at the moment with so many woman accusing him of sexual misconduct it'd be one massive gamble to give up huge assets for him right now.

Was listening to Peter King; he said there’s a chance the nfl doesn’t let Watson play until the lawsuits play out.

If Houston trades him; any team is taking a risk that Watson could be suspended.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This one hurts as he was the best available and really no one else out there unless the Eagle trade or better yet release their TE.  

I'm starting to think that we can't sign a TE because we're gonna have to pay a nice price to keep Logan Thomas...he shouldve been a pro bowler over Evan Engram by far. I'm serious, I would look at Richard Rodgers and the draft for a 2nd TE...Rodgers can get open and catch the ball, we should've never cut him but I guess RR needed to see more of Sprinkler?

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Forgot about Burton.  WFT has to have their eye on someone.  He would be a good get but he getting up there.  He'd suffice for a couple years and then add via the draft.

Just looking down the TE list and figuring out who the best one left is.  He's actually ironically slightly younger than Logan Thomas.  But nothing exciting.

I generally hate drafting for specific positions in the draft.  I am a BPA guy.  But I think there is a strong chance BPA and need at TE converge with our 2nd round pick.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Every single time I read Twitter replies to a Tweet, I'm immediately reminded of the reasons why I have said to myself, 500 times before, "I'm never again reading the replies to a tweet"

As mike tyson said, social media allows people to be disrespectful to others without getting punched in the face.  Everyone is an expert and a tough guy behind the almighty keyboard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2