Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Airbnb is banning hate group members like the Proud Boys ahead of the presidential inauguration

Like other tech companies taking a stand following the Capitol siege, Airbnb announced on Monday that has been banning hate group members from its platform.

This isn't the first time Airbnb has taken a stand against hate groups. Following the 2017 Charlottesville Unite the Right rally, Airbnb banned accounts from impending rally attendees looking to book a place to stay for the event, Gizmodo reported. Now, Airbnb is taking a page out of its own book by banning all members it identifies as belonging to a "hate group", specifically naming the Proud Boys, in advance of specific events like the Presidential Inauguration on January 20.

Any platform members who have been cited by the media or law enforcement as Capitol siege attendees who partake in "violent criminal activity" or will also be banned, Airbnb said.  The platform will also be checking arrest logs from the DC Metro Police from the day of the Capitol siege.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1

Hallmark PAC asks Hawley, Marshall to return employee donations

Hallmark Cards asked two GOP senators to return campaign donations on Monday following the violent riot that overtook the U.S. Capitol last week.

The company's political action committee, HALLPAC, sent notices to Sens. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) and Roger Marshall (R-Kan.) requesting the return of $7,000 and $5,000 in donations made to the two senators respectively during their most recent runs for office, according to a Hallmark spokesperson.

“Hallmark believes the peaceful transition of power is part of the bedrock of our democratic system, and we abhor violence of any kind,” Hallmark spokeswoman JiaoJiao Shen told The Kansas City Star. “The recent actions of Senators Josh Hawley and Roger Marshall do not reflect our company’s values. As a result, HALLPAC requested Sens. Hawley and Marshall to return all HALLPAC campaign contributions.”

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Is there really much doubt that while it might not have been an "inside job" in the traditional sense, there definitely seems to be too many coincidences to rule out that the lack of adequate security and law enforcement on site wasn't on accident. 

Its terrifying. 

• Sad 1

The weirdos at TheDonald don’t seem to know anything about Jan 17th or 20th protests.  Not seeing any chatter about it on Reddit from the right wing either.  Both of these places were buzzing with excitement prior to Jan 6.  I think the aftermath of what took place on Jan 6 hurt the delusional Trump supporters.  Took the wind out of their sails.  No fly lists, arrests across the country, crackdowns online, Trumps tepid concession, widespread condemnation, and knowing the national guard is sitting in DC waiting for them... this stuff likely knocks down enthusiasm for making travel plans.  

It will be interesting to see if people actually show up in large numbers like everyone is fearing.  I have doubts.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destino said:

The weirdos at TheDonald don’t seem to know anything about Jan 17th or 20th protests.  Not seeing any chatter about it on Reddit from the right wing either.  Both of these places were buzzing with excitement prior to Jan 6.  I think the aftermath of what took place on Jan 6 hurt the delusional Trump supporters.  Took the wind out of their sails.  No fly lists, arrests across the country, crackdowns online, Trumps tepid concession, widespread condemnation, and knowing the national guard is sitting in DC waiting for them... this stuff likely knocks down enthusiasm for making travel plans.  

It will be interesting to see if people actually show up in large numbers like everyone is fearing.  I have doubts.  

I'm worried about Washington, of course, but equally worried about Michigan, Georgia, and, especially Arizona. Hope those state capitals and others are on sufficient guard. Like you, I hope what happened in DC was a wake up call for some, but also see reason for it to be a huge rallying cry as they got further than anyone would have believed. It's hard to believe this wouldn't be counted as a huge victory in some circles.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, China said:

Hallmark PAC asks Hawley, Marshall to return employee donations

Hallmark Cards asked two GOP senators to return campaign donations on Monday following the violent riot that overtook the U.S. Capitol last week.

Can someone tell my why on gods green earth Hallmark has a PAC?  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I've said it over and over ever since his 2016 campaign.  To Trump's cult "telling it like it is" just means repeating what all of them are already hearing on right-wing media outlets.  They see that garbage as "it is" so when they hear the guy in charge reinforcing that stuff to them he becomes an instant hero. 

Yea I just questioned if he actually believed it himself. For a while I actually thought he was just saying some of this stuff cause he knew it would work.....like he did with the virus. But it’s obvious he really believes some of this stuff too. Best liars can lie to themselves I guess. 

My friends and I use signal. We have a very active group chat (all day most days someone is talking about/planning something) and standard text messaging apps would crash ir be slow or just not have basic features that make it easier

when you set it up there’s a checkbox to notify your contacts. 

been using it for years. Over that time I occasionally see someone pop up on signal with that “so and so just joined signal! Say hi”’or whatever. 

Since Wednesday a lot of contacts I have, not friends just people I know in some form or another that have my phone number in their address book, have started popping up on signal. A lot. I maybe saw 10 people over the last 2 years, I’ve seen 20 since wedneday. Technically I guess that’s a week now. 

On the one hand it confirms something I already knew about these people. But hey further confirmation is always a nice tool to have when you’re judging people. 

on the other I’m expecting to have to find a new chat app i the next month for us to use. Waiting for that “signal has become to stomping grounds of the alt-right” article to come out soon....

Edited by tshile

32 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yea I just questioned if he actually believed it himself. For a while I actually thought he was just saying some of this stuff cause he knew it would work.....like he did with the virus. But it’s obvious he really believes some of this stuff too. Best liars can lie to themselves I guess. 

I’m not a psychologist, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn.

I think many compulsive liars begin saying things they know to be false, but continual assertion of its validity makes the lie become part of them, to the point that they must believe it to be true. They, compulsive liars like Trump, are true sociopaths.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

My friends and I use signal. We have a very active group chat (all day most days someone is talking about/planning something) and standard text messaging apps would crash ir be slow or just not have basic features that make it easier

when you set it up there’s a checkbox to notify your contacts. 

been using it for years. Over that time I occasionally see someone pop up on signal with that “so and so just joined signal! Say hi”’or whatever. 

Since Wednesday a lot of contacts I have, not friends just people I know in some form or another that have my phone number in their address book, have started popping up on signal. A lot. I maybe saw 10 people over the last 2 years, I’ve seen 20 since wedneday. Technically I guess that’s a week now. 

On the one hand it confirms something I already knew about these people. But hey further confirmation is always a nice tool to have when you’re judging people. 

on the other I’m expecting to have to find a new chat app i the next month for us to use. Waiting for that “signal has become to stomping grounds of the alt-right” article to come out soon....

I know a lot of people have been migrating due to how Facebook is handling Whatsapp, so it might be a coincidence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

I know a lot of people have been migrating due to how Facebook is handling Whatsapp, so it might be a coincidence.

Interesting. I don’t follow the Facebook tree of stuff. Haven’t used Facebook in 13 years. 

the timing and the people just seemed... like a big coincidence :)

i figure(d) it was about moving to something that (appears) to be out of reach of... monitoring. 

(which always cracks me up because inevitably people are moving to a service they know nothing about and are just trusting that a bunch of people on the internet said “hey this is secure no one can see what you say!” and roll with it)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

I’m not a psychologist, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn.

I think many compulsive liars begin saying things they know to be false, but continual assertion of its validity makes the lie become part of them, to the point that they must believe it to be true. They, compulsive liars like Trump, are true sociopaths.

the danger of making something specific part of your identity. The debate inherently becomes about you and whether you are bad/wrong/etc. 

It’s much better to try to attach your identity to something like... being honest, or caring about facts, or respecting expertise...

then your opinions aren’t tied to you and who you are, but instead a basic way of trying to be fair/honest. 

It’s crazy how often I’ll end of a conversation with some form of... uh, these aren’t my opinions, I’m not even smart enough to come up with this, they’re the opinions of some reputable <whatever>, if you can give me a counter opinion from someone that is also reputable I will absolutely reconsider it, but no I’m not putting your random internet dude on the level of numerous experts that are reputable in the field...

• Like 3