Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

But I understand that anyone trying to play Devil's Advocate is likely to be labeled a white supremist sympathizer. 

Ok. Let’s not do that. 
you were and are fine. And the conversation is appropriate. 

but you’re gonna have to accept some people are not up for the conversation 

and you’re gonna have to drop this shtick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

But if I marched in the BLM protests this summer and brought handcuffs or zip ties, does that mean the entire movement was coordinated to capture Donald Trump? I'm simply saying that I think this was a couple individuals who had strange ideas, not the majority of the people there. 

But I understand that anyone trying to play Devil's Advocate is likely to be labeled a white supremist sympathizer. 

I think you are correct in that, the entire mob cannot be treated as one entity.  Some folks probably showed up simply to be a part of the protest and it got out of hand (but they are too dumb to realize when they crossed a line).  They still committed serious crimes.  Even if they did not go into the event planning on taking part in a violent, deadly infiltration of the seat of government, they still participated in it.  Those folks should be charged with crimes like entering restricted federal property, disorderly conduct, curfew violations, etc.  Other folks very clearly intended to go far beyond that (e.g., zip tie guy, whoever brought pipe bombs and molotovs, anyone carrying a firearm) and those folks should be accordingly charged with more serious crimes like felony murder, actual murder in one case, attempted kidnapping, and whatever else is in the prosecutors toolkit for domestic terrorism (since we don't actually have a domestic terrorism law). 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm not saying we shouldn't punish anyone - it's a crime just to break into the Capitol. I just didn't realize that it's known that the goal was to occupy the building and take hostages. Obviously that's horrifying. 

And I'm not even trying to defend anyone. Each person needs to be held accountable for whatever he or she did. I'm simply saying that it's a very serious accusation to state that the goal was to harm or take Senators hostage. 

That's fair and I'm sure plenty of them had some bad intentions...it's just the first I had heard that the belief was that there was a coordinated goal to take hostages, take control of the building, and/or demand that Trump stay in power before they left. 

A week later, you are just finding out about the bombs, zip ties, and the hang Pence chants?

• Like 2

On a lighter note ...

Horned, shirtless rioter dude is refusing to eat in prison as the food is not organic.

His mom even commented :ols:

"He gets very sick if he doesn't eat organic food," Martha Chansley, Angeli's mother, told reporters outside the courthouse. "He needs to eat."

If he wasn’t a MAGA this would have to be the funniest thing about libtards that they had ever seen:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/shirtless-horned-capitol-rioter-refuses-jail-food-not-organic

Edited by Corcaigh

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think you are correct in that, the entire mob cannot be treated as one entity.  Some folks probably showed up simply to be a part of the protest and it got out of hand (but they are too dumb to realize when they crossed a line).  They still committed serious crimes.  Even if they did not go into the event planning on taking part in a violent, deadly infiltration of the seat of government, they still participated in it.  Those folks should be charged with crimes like entering restricted federal property, disorderly conduct, curfew violations, etc.  Other folks very clearly intended to go far beyond that (e.g., zip tie guy, whoever brought pipe bombs and molotovs, anyone carrying a firearm) and those folks should be accordingly charged with more serious crimes like felony murder, actual murder in one case, attempted kidnapping, and whatever else is in the prosecutors toolkit for domestic terrorism (since we don't actually have a domestic terrorism law). 

Thank you - that's all I was trying to say. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I should have known better...never mind. I'm sorry I brought it up. 

It's just a bad 'what about' by you, plain and simple.

If the BLM protesters were able to breach the White House and had weapons, zip-ties, anything of that nature, if they weren't shot first - they'd definitely be penalized to the furthest extent of the law for having those items on them, whether they intended to use them to capture Trump or just thought they looked cool and wanted to see what the oval office looked like in person.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

But if I marched in the BLM protests this summer and brought handcuffs or zip ties, does that mean the entire movement was coordinated to capture Donald Trump? I'm simply saying that I think this was a couple individuals who had strange ideas, not the majority of the people there. 

Wow. The argument changes from they couldn't possibly have been thinking of that, to well they ALL weren't. 

Never saw that coming at all. 

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

think you are correct in that, the entire mob cannot be treated as one entity.  Some folks probably showed up simply to be a part of the protest and it got out of hand (but they are too dumb to realize when they crossed a line)

I'm curious your opinion on something. 

What about the people who went to the rally, then proceeded to the capital for what they thought was going to be a peaceful rally but didn't go inside or participate in any beatings?

Just now, redskinss said:

What about the people who went to the rally, then proceeded to the capital for what they thought was going to be a peaceful rally but didn't go inside or participate in any beatings?

I mean, my opinion of them is that they are trash, but shouldn't be prosecuted if they were, in fact, peaceful protestors on unrestricted property.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Were these hypotheticals not complying with the post 6pm curfew?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I mean, my opinion of them is that they are trash, but shouldn't be prosecuted if they were, in fact, peaceful protestors on unrestricted property.  

That's my opinion too but I don't know the law and how broad it is for accomplices to something like this.

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Were these hypotheticals not complying with the post 6pm curfew?

I just mean the idiots who went to the rally and then followed the rest of the sheep to the capital but realized what was going on and either left or just stood there and did nothing but rubberneck the spectacle and then go home. 

• Thanks 1

Anyone who stepped foot in the capitol building needs to be charged. Even if its for simple trespassing. 

Those that showed up outside to "protest" need to go home and seriously rethink their life choices. Maybe a public tar and feathering eventually for them all. 

Edited by clietas
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof

Isn't seditious conspiracy exactly what was broadcast on various forms of media worldwide? People literally stormed the Capitol Building. We all saw it live.

Edited by clietas
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

That's my opinion too but I don't know the law and how broad it is for accomplices to something like this.

I just mean the idiots who went to the rally and then followed the rest of the sheep to the capital but realized what was going on and either left or just stood there and did nothing but rubberneck the spectacle and then go home. 

I’m just covering the people who didn’t go into the Capitol or weren’t violent outside, but still broke the curfew.  Those people should be prosecuted as well.  The population that didn’t do those three, no, probably not.

• Like 2