Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

7 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Has anyone seen anything about "Camp Aushwitz" hoodie guy being arrested? I saw that he was identified.  A friend said he was arrested but I haven't seen any account of that.

This was from 3 hours ago:

Capitol rioter in ‘Camp Auschwitz’ sweatshirt identified as Hampton Roads man

A man wearing a sweatshirt with the words “Camp Auschwitz” who was pictured inside the Capitol Wednesday as rioters stormed the building has been identified as being from Hampton Roads.

According to three sources who spoke to CNN, the man is Robert Keith Packer of Virginia.

10 On Your Side’s Brett Hall spoke with neighbors of a property in Hampton that public records indicate is owned by Packer. They confirmed they recognized the man with the Auschwitz sweatshirt in the photo.

As of 5 p.m. Monday, there was no information released indicating Packer had been charged with anything related to the insurrection at the Capitol, only photographs showing he was in attendance.

Click on the link for the full article

rI still question how much violence there will actually be if these Ya'llQaeda members are actually met with the proper law enforcement resistance.  When they "stormed the capital" is wasn't so much a storming as it was being allowed to go in.  The most resistence they met was once they were actually inside and getting close to where the elected officials are.  

I am more worried about state capitals who might struggle to find the proper resources in certain cities. I live a few miles from the state capital in Sacramento. Not close enough to be in any kind of danger zone as I am in a close suburb outside of downtown, but I am still close enough to where if things went totally bananas I would definitely have my family on alert.

The DOJ better come down doubly hard on any law enforcement, military or ex-military that participated.  You have to send the message.

And finally re: Tulsi? Anytime I think folks are being too harsh on her, she goes and plays the Fox News super-guest gimmick again where the scope of what they let her talk about is so narrow and she goes right along with it, same act Glen Greenwald plays. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This photo appears in the Washington Post article "Six Hours of Paralysis: Inside Trump's Failure To Act After Mob Stormed the Capitol"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-mob-failure/2021/01/11/36a46e2e-542e-11eb-a817-e5e7f8a406d6_story.html

B236R4SQMII6XIPV7WXSRT6KSA.jpg&w=691

Caption: People inside the House chamber react as a window is broken, apparently by gunshots, on Wednesday. Members of a pro-Trump mob were outside the doors. (Bill O’Leary/The Washington Post)

That looks to me as if those gunshot holes in the window came from outside in. You can see glass flying above the ducking man in the blue shirt. Think about that.  Two gunshots are fired into the House chamber while Members of the House of Representatives scramble for cover.  I haven't heard any reports of this.  We have seen photos taken presumeably moments later, when plainclothes officers flank those doors with guns drawn.  I'll wait to see more information about this.

These people must pay.  Every one of them.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Yes they do, or we'll be dealing with this all through the Biden presidency and worse when the GOP returns to power.  Painful lessons need to be taught to people that currently go into hysterics over the smallest consequence.

Edited by Recovering_Spaz
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

The video of the police officers being drug into and through the crowd is... I don’t know how to describe how it makes me feel. A lot of things. 

It’s scary. If they do that to him what happens if they start going door to door. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

That looks to me as if those gunshot holes in the window came from outside in. You can see glass flying above the ducking man in the blue shirt. Think about that.  Two gunshots are fired into the House chamber while Members of the House of Representatives scramble for cover.  I haven't heard any reports of this.  We have seen photos taken presumeably moments later, when plainclothes officers flank those doors with guns drawn.  I'll wait to see more information about this.

I could have sworn there was video from the other side of the rioters talking to the police - I thought they were breaking the glass with something sharp, I don't remember seeing guns

16 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

This photo appears in the Washington Post article "Six Hours of Paralysis: Inside Trump's Failure To Act After Mob Stormed the Capitol"

what’s nuts is just how close to getting away with it all they could have been. 

every member of congress and the vp was there. Getting in obviously wasn’t that hard. Better thought out with smarter players and instead we have no federal government and just trump. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, China said:

I fear there will be much more violence between now and through the inauguration.  I just hope law enforcement and the National Guard and well-deployed and up for the task, and there are no traitors in their midst.

I really hate the idea of trying citizens as enemy combatants but at a certain point you have to call treason treason and armed insurrection as armed insurrection. I pray that conflict won't occur, but it must be squashed immediately. This is not acceptable, let alone right now during thos pandemic 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He’s legit programmed by fox just like his followers. It’s why they love him. 

I've said it over and over ever since his 2016 campaign.  To Trump's cult "telling it like it is" just means repeating what all of them are already hearing on right-wing media outlets.  They see that garbage as "it is" so when they hear the guy in charge reinforcing that stuff to them he becomes an instant hero. 

• Thanks 3