Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

7 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Uh the laws of free speech that we are afforded in speech extends to the written word, whether it is in print form or on an electronic device. 

I'm confused why you don't feel this way. The USA is one of the only countries in the world where there are not laws on speech beyond the fire in a movie theater type examples. 

Are you not aware of this? Not only is speech allowed, speech then is allowed against your stance.

Ever read the First Amendment, AKA where the freedom of speech comes from?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If you honestly think “the worst thing about this” is twitter enforcing their terms of service, then you cannot be helped.

But I suspect that no one honestly believes that and instead is arguing from a position of extreme bad faith...which is par for the course in the rotten GOP media.

Something something Venezuela...

I'm not talking about twitter, I'm talking about society. 

Sorry if I was misunderstood. 

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Ever read the First Amendment, AKA where the freedom of speech comes from?

Exactly. And those laws are going to be changed. That amendment will either be altered or circumvented. It will occur. 

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

The worst thing to come out of this is that somehow if you don't agree with large federal government and central planning for the economy and society than your other option is to be labeled a white supremacist conspiracy theory nut job just because you want to have rational discussions about things.

if all they wanted to do was have rational discussions about things, we wouldn’t be in this mess. 

i agree that not everyone who supports the republicans is a white supremacist that wants to overthrow our country. 

but there seems to be a lot of them that are all too happy ignoring their fellow party members... inclinations... not really doing anything about the infestation of their party... then running around ranting as if they’re some sort of victim when the rest of us have had enough and stop playing nice with all the enablers. 

get it when you fit in bro. 

if your first move is to blame us instead of looking at your own party and asking how to fix your infestation, then you have brought all the crap you have gotten and will continue to get upon yourself. 

See it was cute for a while. And then annoying. And then frustrating to listen to people like you draw false equivalencies and give us your uneducated and unaware opinion over the years. (The general “you” here - as in the general Republican Party supporter)

but now it’s unacceptable. 

if you want to side with the traitors, and the white supremacists, that’s your call. You do you. 

but you’re not going to find much help along the independents and the republicans left that aren’t fascist wannabe revolutionists. 

ps- your understanding of the first amendment is laughably wrong. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

1st amendment gonna be altered, huh?

Bad faith fear-mongering confirmed.

Hate Speech / Dangerous Speech will be codified in law and then its definiton will slowly be expanded to fit any dissenting opinion. It will be judged as constitutional via a packed court. Hope I'm wrong but I truly believe this. 

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

1st amendment gonna be altered, huh?

Bad faith fear-mongering confirmed.

I wouldn't mind if it was altered to make the term "speech" and "press" more concrete.  For example: current interpretation of "speech" includes "money"...this was the root of the Citizens United ruling that opened the way for SupePACS.  I'm not sure having more money resulting in having a more influential voice was what the founders intended, nor should it necessarily be protected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is this the **** they taught you in law school, homie?  Looks like you paid a ****load of money for a free message board law school education.

I'll give you the PB Lawyer Experience when you are paying my billable rate, slappy.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Hate Speech / Dangerous Speech will be codified in law and then its definiton will slowly be expanded to fit any dissenting opinion. It will be judged as constitutional via a packed court. Hope I'm wrong but I truly believe this. 

Pro tip:

instead of spending your time worrying about what might happen, way down the road, a road that will have lots of stops along the way for everyone to reevaluate...

why don’t you spend your time worrying about the crisis right in front of us. That’s in the middle of happening. And is undeniable. 

Do some soul searching. The rest of us already did. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Would statehood change anything that happened at the Capitol?  That would still be a Federal building meaning the Fed has jurisdiction, right?

The most immediate thing it would have changed on January 6 is that whoever was the equivalent of Governor would not have had to beg to mobilize the National Guard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

By the congress and the senate. There are going to be certain new laws on speech that wil no longer be legal. First the electoral college wil be removed and new Supreme Justices will be added to the court. 

Is this what they are saying on AM radio these days?

• Haha 3

Just now, tshile said:

Pro tip:

instead of spending your time worrying about what might happen, way down the road, a road that will have lots of stops along the way for everyone to reevaluate...

why don’t you spend your time worrying about the crisis right in front of us. That’s in the middle of happening. And is undeniable. 

Ok maybe I'm being misunderstood here. What is it I should do? 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Pro tip:

Speaking of student loan debt. 😁