Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

39 minutes ago, Larry said:

It really bugs me that something as important to our national security as this, should be stage managed for the purpose of generating TV ratings.  

Not saying that it won't be.  Just that it bugs me.  

You're also assuming that the Trump White House actually kept records, and that they haven't been falsified. 

Me, I'm expecting a stack of paper, with Sharpie all over it.  

I want to know what they know, just like the Watergate hearings. I don't give a crap about TV ratings. The facts need to get out.

4 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I don't understand what charges you all want the big organizers charged with.  Typically political speech is protected.  Elected officials have huge leeway in what they can say. 

I can't recall whether the protest was ever declared an unlawful gathering or assembly.  

Everything that happened up to breaching the Capitol barricades and assaulting police (in general, meaning there may have been unlawful action taken by individuals prior to the breach) was a legal, political protest.  Including burning effegies and raising gallows.  "Fight like hell, they are stealing our country right before our eyes" is political speech.  "March to the Capitol..." is political speech.  It wasn't a "Stop the Certification" rally.

This will get lots of disagreement... 

It's an insurrection. It's against federal law. It's up to the DOJ to ultimately charge and prosecute these insurrectionists. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I don't understand what charges you all want the big organizers charged with.  Typically political speech is protected.  Elected officials have huge leeway in what they can say. 

I can't recall whether the protest was ever declared an unlawful gathering or assembly.  

Everything that happened up to breaching the Capitol barricades and assaulting police (in general, meaning there may have been unlawful action taken by individuals prior to the breach) was a legal, political protest.  Including burning effegies and raising gallows.  "Fight like hell, they are stealing our country right before our eyes" is political speech.  "March to the Capitol..." is political speech.  It wasn't a "Stop the Certification" rally.

conspiracy—to obstruct a congressional proceeding.

insurrection (18 U.S.C. § 2383) or seditious conspiracy (18 U.S.C. § 2384). 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Depends on what they are able to find out...could be that organizers were wanting to rile up the crowd and unleash them on the Capital even if they didn't specifically say "Make sure to break in and hunt down Mike Pence". Could be that there were warnings of possible violence and the organizers said "Good, that will help us." Some of the things that occurred had strong signs of pre-planned violence...was it just numerous individual rogue protestors or was it part of an organized effort? Plus not everything the DOJ looks into has to do with the physical act of storming the Capital. There are other angles to Jan 6th that deal with decertifying the election that may have been illegal. I want all that **** investigated and the results made public. I can't know what charges I want brought against the big organizers until that's done.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

Not a ****in thing will really happen. You will get some report in October but it won’t have all the facts since many of key players will stonewall and not say anything. After the gop takes control next January; the investigation dies. The doj will not prosecute the big players. This thing dies on Election Day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Not a ****in thing will really happen. You will get some report in October but it won’t have all the facts since many of key players will stonewall and not say anything. After the gop takes control next January; the investigation dies. The doj will not prosecute the big players. This thing dies on Election Day.

Dude, you must be a blast at parties!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

It's kind of hilarious seeing all these "alt-right" media outlets interviewing people at the rallies today.  It becomes very apparent who is a grifter and who is actually crazy because the interview starts and once the crazy person starts talking, the body language of the person interviewing them changes quickly, like they 100% regret putting a microphone in their face.  

• Haha 2

There's a long tradition of plain-spoken Chicago columnists who cut through the bull**** and get to the gist of an issue:

Jan. 6 was a date that will live in idiocy. And since the attack, things have only gotten dumber.

Rex Huppke, Chicago Tribune

As we mark the first anniversary of the domestic terrorist attack on the U.S. Capitol, you’ll read much about how it was one of America’s darkest days.

That’s accurate, of course. But we shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that it was also one of America’s dumbest days: A violent pack of conspiracy-addled mopes, following the lead of a dullard’s dozen of dime-store grifters, broke into the halls of American democracy and desecrated the place while posting selfies and livestreaming themselves effectively shouting, “LOOK, MA, I’M DOIN’ A FEDERAL CRIME!”

It was a veritable tornado of stupid, inspired entirely by claims about the 2020 election that a less-bright-than-most boll weevil would recognize as a bunch of hooey. The insurrection was a horror and a disgrace, and it left more than a hundred Capitol Police officers injured, some severely. It was a shock to America’s conscience.

But it was also unbelievably dumb. The kind of dumb where if you know someone even tangentially involved in what happened that day, or even if you know someone who supports what happened, you feel ashamed for that person and for yourself for knowing someone so willfully blockheaded.

In the wake of Asinine-a-palooza, one might think Americans would unite in agreement that displays of abject stupidity are profoundly embarrassing to those behaving in abjectly stupid ways.     ...

I don’t meant to sound rude, but if you allow a man who fleeced people with a phony university and misused funds from his own charitable organization to incite you to battle police, break the doors and windows of a federal building and disrupt the nation’s peaceful transfer of power on his behalf and expect that man to have your back, you’re dumb as paint. And I say that at great risk of insulting paint.

Link to rest:

Column: Jan. 6 was a date that will live in idiocy. And since the attack, things have only gotten dumber. - Chicago Tribune

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I usually think you are a bit over the top with your predictions but I think you are pretty much on point here.

• Like 1

One year later and the traitors in congress have only grown more bold.  They’re openly advocating on behalf of the insurrectionists and even floating ideas about a “nation divorce” (dissolving the Union, like the confederates wanted).  Nothing is being done about the people in power, just the useful idiots that were directed at the Capitol that day.  

So long as power continues to protect power by refusing to do what must be done, the threat will only grow larger.  They will try again.

Trump still uses the Presidential seal and travels around the country spreading the same lies and gathering support for another attempt to destroy this country.  Nothing is done.  Nothing changes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

There's a long tradition of plain-spoken Chicago columnists who cut through the bull**** and get to the gist of an issue:

Jan. 6 was a date that will live in idiocy. And since the attack, things have only gotten dumber.

Rex Huppke, Chicago Tribune

As we mark the first anniversary of the domestic terrorist attack on the U.S. Capitol, you’ll read much about how it was one of America’s darkest days.

That’s accurate, of course. But we shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that it was also one of America’s dumbest days: A violent pack of conspiracy-addled mopes, following the lead of a dullard’s dozen of dime-store grifters, broke into the halls of American democracy and desecrated the place while posting selfies and livestreaming themselves effectively shouting, “LOOK, MA, I’M DOIN’ A FEDERAL CRIME!”

It was a veritable tornado of stupid, inspired entirely by claims about the 2020 election that a less-bright-than-most boll weevil would recognize as a bunch of hooey. The insurrection was a horror and a disgrace, and it left more than a hundred Capitol Police officers injured, some severely. It was a shock to America’s conscience.

But it was also unbelievably dumb. The kind of dumb where if you know someone even tangentially involved in what happened that day, or even if you know someone who supports what happened, you feel ashamed for that person and for yourself for knowing someone so willfully blockheaded.

In the wake of Asinine-a-palooza, one might think Americans would unite in agreement that displays of abject stupidity are profoundly embarrassing to those behaving in abjectly stupid ways.     ...

I don’t meant to sound rude, but if you allow a man who fleeced people with a phony university and misused funds from his own charitable organization to incite you to battle police, break the doors and windows of a federal building and disrupt the nation’s peaceful transfer of power on his behalf and expect that man to have your back, you’re dumb as paint. And I say that at great risk of insulting paint.

Link to rest:

Column: Jan. 6 was a date that will live in idiocy. And since the attack, things have only gotten dumber. - Chicago Tribune

Calling it idiocy undermines and cheapens what actually happened and what continues to threaten our democracy. 

• Like 2

If it turns out that Trump, his minions and other organizers were actively providing information, means, etc. ie. aiding and abetting in breaching the Capitol and harming Federal agents, yes charge them criminally. 

Kneecapping the Capitol police or actively preventing them from declaring an unlawful gathering could also be criminal. 

I haven't seen evidence that

Quite frankly I want all the organizers, money groups, speakers and folks who had events on January 5 AND 6 in support of Trump named, shamed, and shunned. Because it was more people who supported... but political protest and criminal act should have a bright line.

20 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You think who is wrong?  About what?  What do you predict and what will we see in 4-8 months?

i'll answer in order

1. ya'll

2. this stuff

3. wait

4&5. yellow

d. what is a rastafarian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3