Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Seattle Football Team

TK

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Probably on the O line. The beat guys have suggested that Haskins has struggled calling protections this season and that's part of the soup about him. 

Dudes got beat 1 on 1 on every one of those sacks, I think they didn't even blitz on them.

7 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

The big question: was Haskins' last 1.5 quarters an outlier or a turner corner?

Outlier, definitely. The Seahawks secondary was completely gassed at the end and he still made a horrible read throwing into double coverage in the endzone (feet not planted, of course). He just keeps picking up 4-5 each throw and we win that game. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah.  That said, this is a very different team.  Haskins played better in the second half than he had all year.  

And the defense playing without 2 string LBs.  

I thinks they hold serve and win next week.  Hopefully the a giants lose a couple and the Eagles lose 1 and that gives us the division. 

I'm with you. I don't feel good, but feeling bad about a loss like this is a positive thing. It means the expectations have been raised.

1 minute ago, lovemaskins said:

Let the QB controversy begin. Second half Dwayne Haskins is more than enough with this defense.  I chalk up the first half to rust and once he got into a rhythm he was good. Love him or hate him his second half was very good.

No controversy at all.

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I thought haskins did ok..cant put the loss in him huh? 

He threw two horrible INT’s one in the red zone, any amount of points on that drive changes the game....he holds the ball too long, he had happy feet, etc. he played better in the second half but overall he was pretty bad today 

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Not really.

Washington is 6-8.

dallas is 5-9.

We are still two games up on them because we swept them this season.

So basically Washington would have to lose the last two and the cowboys would have to win the last two to have a chance.

I get it, but Dallas plays the Eagles and Giants...I put nothing past our team even though I have more faith in them now than I have in a long time

Just now, Mpvanskins said:

I get it, but Dallas plays the Eagles and Giants...I put nothing past our team even though I have more faith in them now than I have in a long time

If we can't beat the 4-10 Panthers at home, we don't deserve to make the playoffs. Period. 

For a second-year player, Haskins came pretty close to cleaning up his own mess.  He was a real quarterback in the second half, no doubt.  It just wasn't enough for the first half, I think.  I'm not 100% on that last comment because there was literally nothing he could do about those last two sacks.

I won't feel a death knell if he's starting next week.  That's an improvement.

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

The thing is, we have played poorly in the first half on offense all season, no matter who isnat QB. Eventually that has to fall on the OC since those are usually the scripted plays.

Yes please stop the wr screens. 

3 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

He threw two horrible INT’s one in the red zone, any amount of points on that drive changes the game....he holds the ball too long, he had happy feet, etc. he played better in the second half but overall he was pretty bad today 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Archived