Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Seattle Football Team

TK

3 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Not sure if you’re joking, but if Alex retired that wouldn’t be bad at all. 

I expect Cam because it's the safe move for Rivera, but Stafford on a two year deal while we develop a franchise QB would be just fine. 

3 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Hmm, ok.  LA sacking him 6 times?  

This is silly.  Every game is different and stats are fools gold.

The body of work for the season by this line has been the best we’ve seen in ages.  They jump off the tape almost all the time.

And they’re young...and durable.

Just wait.  You’ll see.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I expect Cam because it's the safe move for Rivera, but Stafford on a two year deal while we develop a franchise QB would be just fine. 

If we are able to get Stafford somehow... He is still has 4-5 years in him... no need to develop a QB... the draft picks would be better served trying to find “next man up” players on the DL because it is unlikely we can keep them all after their rookie contracts

2 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

If we are able to get Stafford somehow... He is still has 4-5 years in him... no need to develop a QB... the draft picks would be better served trying to find “next man up” players on the DL because it is unlikely we can keep them all after their rookie contracts

I thought Stafford was 34, not 32. My bad. 

The key would be to keep him upright. He's not fragile per se, but he's taken a ton of damage carrying that team for the past decade. Stafford with Gibson and an elite defense could get a breather and finally experience the consistent winning he's been fighting for his entire career. 

Cam is completely washed. No way Rivera will get him when we could have had him this past off season for dirt cheap. His value is even less now.

Stafford would be a hell of a pick up. But there are concerns about his age and durability. He played hurt today and was hurt last year as well. Physically he's declining and we'd be getting his worst years.

6 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

I agree with you but I want Olineman and LBers, unless there is serious BPA value at other positions! 

I absolutely was not kidding about Will Fuller either. He is exactly the anchor this young and inexperienced corps needs, plus he's coming off a lost season that will make him slightly more affordable. 

The Vikings picked up Justin Jefferson at pick 22. Imagine we land on a player with even 3/4 of that talent at, say, pick 19 alongside McLaurin and Fuller. The RBs and TE are already in place. All of a sudden, we have a threatening offense and an elite defense waiting in the wings. 

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

No matter who the QB is, we play **** in the first half. Haskins definitely grew into the game, but I'm still not convinced that he's got it.

The sad thing is, I'm still not convinced that he can't get it.

Right there with you.  

26 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Clean, healthy 35 year old Stafford with a top 5 defense would run the East for 4 years.

Let alone the 32 year old Stafford going on 33 next season. 

some hyperbole below from Young but I agree that Stafford is way more talented than some give him credit for.  The Lions have the 32nd ranked defense according to PFF if i recall. 

Haskins played probably like we thought he would maybe a little better, but Hopkins came up with a patented screw job again.  All in all, they played better than expected, but Seattle's game plan to commit to the run without the starting LBs really benefited them.  Hopefully Cleveland beats the Vagiants.  

55 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Regarding the Eagles game... Why the heck is Arizona playing in San Francisco's home stadium?!?

You mean the Cardinals playing in their home stadium.  SF played there last week and the week before due to new Covid restrictions in California

50 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I agree with you but I want Olineman and LBers, unless there is serious BPA value at other positions! 

I think Cooley said it best for his draft strategy. Use you high end picks on positions that is going to be highest cost to pickup in FA.  Unless it is OT, you can find good players at decent price in the FA for LBs and OLs.

Archived