Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Seattle Football Team

TK

21 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Do we script our first drive of each game or do we just draw it in the sand?

No, but we hand the first quarter script over to the opposing defensive coordinator and ask, "Gee. Do you think this'll work? We do. Should we try this against you? Be honest, will you?"

So far, each coordinator has assured Scott that his plan looks rock solid.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

To be honest the Giants D is better than ours top to bottom. The DLs are comparable but their LBs and DBs are waaaaay better.

When your safeties and LBers are talented enough to play coverage and Spy Wilson you can be as aggressive as you want on the dline. They were gunshy after chase over pursued and Wilson broke it for almost 50. Can't blame them that was a crushing play by wilson

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

We need Holcomb and KPL back ASAP. 

and some stiff competition in training camp next year! 

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

By forcing them to be more one dimensional than we were able to. And Seattle had a real bad game against the giants. 

So you mean by not allowing them to run for 7 yard a chunk?

How about Buffalo sacking him 7 times?

Let’s not pretend Wilson is not sackable.  This d-line is overhyped, especially Allen and Payne.  Young is a solid player with playmaking ability but he’s not a Von Miller type pass rusher and never will be.  Doesn’t have that bend. He’s a high quality player who does many things well.   Ionnaidis was a huge loss this season, would have made our pass rush look so much different with interior pressure.  

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

That wasn't on him, but Hurts is going to be a problem IMO. 

We will be a problem for Hurts too....JDR has been around long enough to know how to scheme against a rookie QB who likes to run. One loss after a big winning streak doesn't kill us. We will bounce back from this. 

3 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

When your safeties and LBers are talented enough to play coverage and Spy Wilson you can be as aggressive as you want on the dline. They were gunshy after chase over pursued and Wilson broke it for almost 50. Can't blame them that was a crushing play by wilson

and some stiff competition in training camp next year! 

Sorry for asking but does "Old Dependable" Reuben Foster come back next year?  (of course barring season injury or some abuse scandal)

2 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Let’s not pretend Wilson is not sackable.  This d-line is overhyped, especially Allen and Payne.  Young is a solid player with playmaking ability but he’s not a Von Miller type pass rusher and never will be.  Doesn’t have that bend. He’s a high quality player who does many things well.   Ionnaidis was a huge loss this season, would have made our pass rush look so much different with interior pressure.  

Buffalo got up 24-7 in that game.  That leads to sacks.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Buffalo got up 24-7 in that game.  That leads to sacks.

This is why our slow starts are so frustrating. Our defense is built around pressure and opportunistic plays. Just imagine how lethal it would be playing with a lead. 

1 minute ago, Capsman said:

No I am saying because of the much better linebacker play of those two teams the first time run game and quick hitters are slowed down. When that occurs the line can rush all out and not worry if russel slips out from a speed rush or inside move. 

today they focused on leverage on the quarterback much more than just beating the blocker and trying to disrupt. 

I don't know how you can put todays game on the Dline. I think you are wrong on that. Its okay though I respect your opinion but I just didn't see it the way you did. 

5 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Sorry for asking but does "Old Dependable" Reuben Foster come back next year?  (of course barring season injury or some abuse scandal)

He probably does, but I heard his knee is held together with silly putty. I wish he'd get a chance to get on the field and redeem himself, but I'm not holding my breath

53 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Let the QB controversy begin. Second half Dwayne Haskins is more than enough with this defense.  I chalk up the first half to rust and once he got into a rhythm he was good. Love him or hate him his second half was very good.

The second half was great - first half Dwayne lost this game.

Im proud of the team to keep on fighting and not give up. I was pretty sure Haskins was gonna score on the last drive the way things were looking but I was wrong. Proud of Haskins in the second half. Idk if Moses should have went back in at the end and gave up the sacks but I didn't know how the back up was doing either.  We have to find a kicker or something, that missed extra point hurts.  The two ints hurt too.  I would like to see them again in the playoffs. 

Archived