Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Seattle Football Team

TK

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'm with you. I don't feel good, but feeling bad about a loss like this is a positive thing. It means the expectations have been raised.

I don’t feel bad about this loss at all. Mostly because I expected Haskins to throw up on himself. And he did.  Then he didn’t.  And they lost by 5. Shrug.  Better than I expected with 2 starting LB out and Alex out.  And Gibson out. 

Look, this isn’t the most talented team in the league to start with.  Then you lose your QB and starting RB, 2 starting LBs, and you’re also down to an updrafts rookie at safety, that’s tough.  

But it’s not an excuse.  They played really hard, coached up the backups, and came within 20 yards of beating a really good team.  

I used to go crazy when Bruce and Jay used injuries as an excuse.  

Hiwever it’s fair to say that it’s a bigger hill to climb when you’re missing a bunch of critical guys.  

2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

2d half Haskins is a building block.  I believe at this point in his career, tempo is everything.  If he plays fast, he doesn’t think as much and the game appears slower.  Slow things down for him, put him in a huddle and with time to think and he trips over himself.  

id love to see the kid triumph over adversity and continue to learn.  His ceiling is still higher than anyone we can draft next year.  He’s still learning under Alex.  

maybe a little humility will go a long way for this kid.

So you do realize he was basically playing on half a field the second half?  And he’s incapable of throwing the ball accurately over 20 yards?

This was a coaching masterpiece.  I wouldn’t make the mistake of falling for that second half Kool-Aid.

4 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Aside from the INT, our d-line was pedestrian.  No sacks, precious few pressures, and gashed on the run. The strength of this defense is the secondary.

They held them to twenty points. Perfect? No. But hardly pedestrian... held to twenty got a turnover. All the offense needed was field goals and to let the defense finish their gatorades. 

The seahawks are a good team

1 minute ago, Capsman said:

So you do realize he was basically playing on half a field the second half?  And he’s incapable of throwing the ball accurately over 20 yards?

This was a coaching masterpiece.  I wouldn’t make the mistake of falling for that second half Kool-Aid.

You do realize that we don’t have a QB that can throw longer than 20 yrds.

Just now, Capsman said:

No kool-aid for this dude.  Just sayin...the fella plays better up tempo.  

Defensive line looked tired today....I'm watching Philly/Arizona and both teams are getting great pressure on the QB, we did not get to Wilson much today. Good news? Maybe we get them again, at home, if we win the division....I think we can beat Seattle with Alex and Gibson back. 

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

They held them to twenty points. Perfect? No. But hardly pedestrian... held to twenty got a turnover. All the offense needed was field goals and to let the defense finish their gatorades. 

The seahawks are a good team

The reason we held them to 20 was the secondary.  The d-line was manhandled. 

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Anyone in the media who picked us to win this game without Smith or Gibson shouldn't be in the media. 

Notwithstanding - a lot of them shouldn't be in the media anyway

3 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

They did?

I thought the Seahawks were favored by 8

That may have been the official line, but a writer on nfl.com predicted us to win

15 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Let the QB controversy begin. Second half Dwayne Haskins is more than enough with this defense.  I chalk up the first half to rust and once he got into a rhythm he was good. Love him or hate him his second half was very good.

Speaking as a big Haskins supporter, I want Alex back. The plays we run are much better. The playbook opens completely up when Alex is the starter. 

9 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Well, back to the real world.  It's been real.

Relax. :)

Washington nearly beat them.

Without their starting QB

Without their best RB.

And two of their best starting LBs

out.

It was a tall order against a 9-4 team.

They'll bounce back next week. :)

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Defensive line looked tired today....I'm watching Philly/Arizona and both teams are getting great pressure on the QB, we did not get to Wilson much today. Good news? Maybe we get them again, at home, if we win the division....I think we can beat Seattle with Alex and Gibson back. 

The DL just gets dominated against quality QBs. Look back at all the games we've played this season, I don't think we have more than one sack at most against any actual good QB.

I don't have the exact #s but I bet like 90% of our sacks this year have been against the likes of Wentz, Mullens, and the Bengals backup.

1 minute ago, max21 said:

Should we worry about Dallas? Lol

Nope. We have to lose out for them to have a chance since we have the tiebreaker. If we lose out we don't deserve to make it anyway.

3 minutes ago, max21 said:

Should we worry about Dallas? Lol

We have the tiebreaker on them and they finish against the Eagles and Giants, so I'm going to say no. If anything, them winning the next couple weeks would improve our chances.

Archived