Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Seattle Football Team

TK

3 minutes ago, Capsman said:

The reason we held them to 20 was the secondary.  The d-line was manhandled. 

They got more pressure than you are giving them credit for. Russell Wilson is very good. They were beimg conservative with their rush, especially after wilson broke off that 48 yard scramble. Can't over pursue him

• Like 3

I'd still say that splitting with the Steelers and Seahawks exceeded my expectations for this year... take your pick. 

And since Hop was excellent in that Pitt game (you could say he won it for us) and kinda put us in a bad spot with the Hawks...  It's a wash.

But he is definitely good for one miss per game.  and that's not sustainable.

• Like 6

Just now, FootballZombie said:

We win one game and Dallas is an afterthought.

If Clev and Ariz hold serve we can clinch next week

That's wild to think about. I do think our game with Philly is going to be big, but Dallas can actually make it a non-issue. 

So far, Arizona looks good. 

12 minutes ago, Capsman said:

So you do realize he was basically playing on half a field the second half?  And he’s incapable of throwing the ball accurately over 20 yards?

This was a coaching masterpiece.  I wouldn’t make the mistake of falling for that second half Kool-Aid.

Im pretty sure he drove the offense on a 94 yard td drive in the second half

• Like 2

Today is like the season's longest playoff game...  back-to-back games from 1PM to 4PM to 8PM with Division implications.

If you want to follow each of them, check the reddit links on the "How do I watch games online" thread

we're only a third of way thru and I'm gassed like the Seattle secondary

Just now, petey hodge said:

Today is like the season's longest playoff game...  back-to-back games from 1PM to 4PM to 8PM with Division implications.

If you want to follow each of them, check the reddit links on the "How do I watch games online" thread

we're only a third of way thru and I'm gassed like the Seattle secondary

16-0 Cards! 

Best case scenario is they get whipped so badly today they put Wentz back in for Dallas. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I will put the loss on Haskins. Can anyone seriously say if Alex was in we wouldn’t have won the game? Alex doesn’t throw two pics and don’t sack twice in a row.

I'm not a Haskins Humper by any means, but Alex has tested positive for the pick bug in recent games too...

9 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

They got more pressure than you are giving them credit for. Russell Wilson is very good. They were beimg conservative with their rush, especially after wilson broke off that 48 yard scramble. Can't over pursue him

So how did the Giants sack him 5 times?

• Like 2

You can go back to the start of every game to identify key moments. In this game, you have to say if Hopkins makes the XP then we likely tie the game at 20-20 with under a minute to go. 

Doesn’t mean we win, but the play calling likely changes at 1/10 from the 23.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
  • Like 5

Cant wait for KDawg's Same Day thread, but... here goes.

While we were getting pounded 20-3, I thought coach was going to save some money on Game Balls.  All the units were not very sharp.

But what the heck was up with the Special Teams today?  Even Saint Tress was dropping punts inside the 35... when we're used to seeing them fall inside the 10.

WTF man???

I mean WFT man.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

I'd still say that splitting with the Steelers and Seahawks exceeded my expectations for this year... take your pick. 

And since Hop was excellent in that Pitt game (you could say he won it for us) and kinda put us in a bad spot with the Hawks...  It's a wash.

But he is definitely good for one miss per game.  and that's not sustainable.

I think our standards are a bit low when we celebrate our kicker for making 3 FGs from inside 50 yards, I think that is to be expected in this league. Every decent kicker should make them regularly. Hopkins has missed from inside the 50 against the Lions and the Giants - and we probably would have won both games if he had made them. Can't compete with such a kicker if you are not blowing out your opponents.

• Thanks 1