Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Seattle Football Team

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Haskins stepped up in the 2nd half.  Can't deny it.

Still don't think he's the guy though.

Yup I’ll give him credit for the 2nd half but had he just played close to mediocre in the first we win that.  I’ll be happy when Hop and Haskins are gone.   But yeah he played decent in the 2nd. 

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 1

We're in the playoff chase so there are no moral victories. Sadly, this looked way too much like the beginning of the year where we fell apart in the first half, spot the opponent a big lead and then come roaring back.

It was a valiant try, but too many drops and bad plays in the first half.

• Like 1
Just now, Warhead36 said:

They were fine. But they don't really dominate unless its against a trash tier offense.

We can agree to disagree. They had nothing in the passing game all day while missing two and then three staring linebackers. They stepped up and created a turnover to get us back in the game and then caused a three and out to get us in a chance to win. Don’t think you can ask for more than that against a very good offense. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Probably on the O line. The beat guys have suggested that Haskins has struggled calling protections this season and that's part of the soup about him. 

Moses was injured and couldn’t push off, made him vulnerable.  

Just now, ClaytoAli said:

You mean the defensive wins and short passing Smith with very little points?

Smith has far fewer boneheaded plays than Haskins. That goes SO much further than stats. I think we win this game with Smith. We almost won it with Haskins, despite some of his awful decisions. He brought us back, I give him credit, but until you can cut the other garbage out of your game, it's going to usually end up like this. We are a defensive team. That's our strength. A great game manager will get us to the playoffs. That is not Haskins at this point. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They were fine. But they don't really dominate unless its against a trash tier offense.

There definitely were drives that the D totally dominated, but Seattle was very good on offense, they are in play off mode now - gotta give them their due. Wilson is an animal

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I wish our "vaunted" DL could close a game like that. They ended up with 4 sacks. We had 0. ZERO. Four first rounders my butt.

They barely passed the ball. Nearly 200 yards on the ground because we have no LBs. I agree they need to keep progressing though since we have 9nvested so much.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Burgold said:

We're in the playoff chase so there are no moral victories. Sadly, this looked way too much like the beginning of the year where we fell apart in the first half, spot the opponent a big lead and then come roaring back.

It was a valiant try, but too many drops and bad plays in the first half.

Yeah.  That said, this is a very different team.  Haskins played better in the second half than he had all year.  

And the defense playing without 2 string LBs.  

I thinks they hold serve and win next week.  Hopefully the a giants lose a couple and the Eagles lose 1 and that gives us the division. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Blanka said:

If we get Alex back, we'll beat them in a rematch.

Just gotta win these last two

Don't think this is really 100% fair. Haskins on those last 3 drives was moving the ball just as well as Alex has this year. That being said, I also don't think Alex throws at least one of those picks that DH did.

• Thanks 1

True team loss. Couple of key plays and moments cost us this game. Run defense wasn’t good enough. WRs dropped a lot of passes. O-line crapped themselves at the worst possible time. 

Dwayne recovered from his bad start, but I would love to get Alex back for the final two weeks.

Tough loss. Go Browns. Let’s get healthy and get back to it next week.

• Like 1
Just now, bakedtater1 said:

I thought haskins did ok..cant put the loss in him huh? 

I'm probably in your camp, BUT this game felt a lot like the beginning of the year. Stake opponent to a big lead and do nothing in the first half except scoring a few points in the two minute drive, followed by the D and offense coming roaring to life and almost getting there.

There were just too many gaffes in the first half. We couldn't overcome them all.

2 minutes ago, Mpvanskins said:

looks like Dallas has won, They are playing much better....another reason we needed this win

Not really.

Washington is 6-8.

dallas is 5-9.

We are still two games up on them because we swept them this season.

So basically Washington would have to lose the last two and the cowboys would have to win the last two to have a chance.

• Like 1