Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs New York Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

Keep the politics OUT of the Stadium or you'll be out. :) 

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

If nothing else, play him to try to increase his value.  

But does anybody think Smith is gonna make it the final 8 games intact?  He's gonna get knocked out and it doesn't even have to be leg related.   It’s hazardous out there playing NFL QB.

Do you really think a young inexperienced QB who was playing poorly, apparently wasn't working especially hard before he was benched, and hasn't even been taking any first team reps in practice since then is going to be able to do much? He'd have to come in and turn into a stud for his value to go up. Remember, his value being super low probably isn't just about his poor play on the field. 

23 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Oh well, I'm gonna watch the cowboys get smashed by the Steelers now, that should cheer me up.

Better hope the Cowboys win. You don’t want them anywhere near position to draft a QB, especially if they decide to move on from Dak

Just now, dyst said:

Better hope the Cowboys win. You don’t want them anywhere near position to draft a QB, especially if they decide to move on from Dak

I would love to see them move on from Dak and take their chances drafting a new QB. Could end up setting them back for years. Sort of like us. Dak is the real deal. 

Just now, Hdf561 said:

I think we should trade Terry, not cause he is bad, in fact the opposite we could get good picks for him to rebuild and he could 

go to a contender and not waste his career here during a 4-5 rebuild 

No thanks. Even if he pulled a 1st+ that just makes it harder on the QB we want to draft. He’s already better than whatever you could draft with those picks, and there’s a high likelihood you end up with little to show for your efforts. Especially bc you can’t guarantee a top-5 type pick in return, more so if he does go to a contender. Not worth it. It’s nice to have a stud to root for, for his career, imo. Let’s build around him. 

2 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

I think we should trade Terry, not cause he is bad, in fact the opposite we could get good picks for him to rebuild and he could 

go to a contender and not waste his career here during a 4-5 rebuild 

I do understand what you are saying about him wasting his time here but he is one guy you absolutely keep. 

4 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Well that hope as (futile as it was) was short lived.  Back to our annual tank hope for a better draft pick.  

Will this **** show ever change? 

I’m not even excited about high draft picks anymore, we just had one and we still suck the exact same. I wanted to win this game 

35 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I was happy with the turnaround and effort in the second half, very watchable football despite all the turnovers. This team has heart even though it sucks and does dumb things. One step closer to a good rookie QB.

So for whatever it's worth, I wouldn't try and go rookie QB again.  I'd look for a really solid vet that's better than Alex Smith at this point.  Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford both come to mind.

And I would spend all the draft capital we have on other pieces.  

The defense is legitimately 3-4 pieces away from being very good.  They desperately need 2 LBs and 1, maybe 2 safeties.  The problem right now is the LB and Safety play is causing a negative effect on the DL play.  They can't cover and they can't fill in the run game, so what is really close to a good defense looks really not.

On offense, I am more bullish on the OL than some, but you absolutely need more OL depth, and you need a starting quality TE and another receiver.

You just CAN'T get all of that in one draft and get a QB at the same time.  

But I do think, if they spend some in FA and don't have to deal with the QB, they can get all of it in one off-season and have a pretty quick turn around.

And FWIW, I think either Stafford or Ryan is an upgrade to Smith at this point, even though I think Smith played heroically today. 

Shrug.  My $.02.  We've tried to draft and develop QBs for 20 years, it hasn't worked.  I'd be just fine going with a really good known entity.  

Archived