Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs New York Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

Keep the politics OUT of the Stadium or you'll be out. :) 

We’ve all seen our share of awful and ugly WFT losses over the years, but this one was right up there. It was just a microcosm of everything wrong with this franchise. Mistake after mistake after mistake. Most of which were of course self inflicted. Just brutal and so frustrating on every level. I think we all knew that even after the score to make it 23-20 there was no chance in hell this team was going to pull out the victory. This franchise just manages to seek out new lows year after year.  In that regard, they never disappoint. 

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

One was his RB falling down 

One was his o line collapsed on 3rd down and allowed a jail break when we needed yards to get a FG and had to just launch to someone to try to make something happen

One was completely on him. 

Eh...IMO the second one was on Smith as well.

Yes he was pressured but he made an absolutely idiotic throw that was basically a cornucopia of cardinal QB sins: back across his body, off balance, into the middle of the field, on a down when it wasn't necessary, right near the end of the game.

That's like a checklist of "What not to do as an NFL QB"

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Smith played with a set of brass balls. Unfortunately he threw those brass balls to the Derogatory Terms for Large Folk.

Yeah I was kinda surprised...it came out of nowhere too. He was playing super conservative then suddenly he started taking shots. I'm curious whether the coaches were pushing him to let it fly or if it was more him.

I'm very happy to announce i didn't watch a minute of this game. 

As a matter of fact my best friend texted me in the middle of the game to tell me about Kyle's injury and when I read the text I realized I had forgotten that they were actually playing. 

I'm not completely free of this addiction but I'm unquestionably moving in the right direction. 

Pretty happy to be on step 6 of my 12 step program. 

Everyone shares the blame in the loss.

If McKissic doesn't drop to the ground right before that pass arrives, maybe we score a TD on that drive, and end up with the lead, and then Smith isn't even put in the position to force a throw into an INT, on the latter drives.

It goes on and on, until everyone is held accountable.

Not to mention, Smith entered the game, already behind in a 10-0 deficit.

Then went on to outscore the Giants while he was in the game

I don't know why, this loss doesn't sting as some others.  I guess I just understand when you turn the ball over 5 times, you're going to lose. And sometimes those things come in bunches.

Gibson isn't a fumbler, I don't think, so that's rare.  The muff on the punt return was unfortunate.  McKissic fell down, that's kindof a fluke.  Smith was trying to make a play on 3rd and 10, and threw the ball just a bit high, but at least he made the attempt.  And the last one, the guy was open and Smith was late, according to him.  

It's a young team, and in the second half, they fought back with their backup QB, continued to make some young team mistakes, and eh, there you go.

I still like some of the guys on the team, but they've got to put it all together.  They HAVE to get better on run fits and coverage at the second level of the defense. 

Shrug.  It's disappointing.  But it's not crushing.  

1 hour ago, pico926 said:

Really. He turned the ball over 3 times. Cost us the game. Not making excuses for a 36 year old vet. Sorry 

Then you are a irrational fan.  One int is because the player fell down.  One was because the o line allowed a jail break blitz leaving Alex no time to throw when he get yards to get a FG on 3rd down or get a first down but couldn’t take a sack.  The last one was completely on him. 

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Then you are a irrational fan.  One int is because the player fell down.  One was because the o line allowed a jail break blitz leaving Alex no time to throw when he get yards to get a FG on 3rd down or get a first down but couldn’t take a sack.  The last one was completely on him. 

Jail break blitz. Throw the ball away. Not to the other team. That’s on him

6 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Jail break blitz. Throw the ball away. Not to the other team. That’s on him

Clearly you don’t get the situation.  It was third down and long.  We needed more yards or a first down.  You had to make something happen because otherwise you are looking at a unrealistic FG or a long 4th down.  Our o line collapsed at the worst time leaving no time to do anything.  

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Clearly you don’t get the situation.  It was third down and long.  We needed more yards or a first down.  You had to make something happen because otherwise you are looking at a unrealistic FG or a long 4th down.  Our o line collapsed at the worst time leaving no time to do anything.  

Is it better to throw an INT in that situation or an incompletion where you can either go for it on 4th down or pin the offense deep via a punt. The INT is on him.

2 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Is it better to throw an INT in that situation or an incompletion where you can either go for it on 4th down or pin the offense deep via a punt. The INT is on him.

What’s it matter? We needed the FG or the first down.  At worst you turn it over on the opposing side of the field.  Doesn’t really matter if he throws the interception on 3rd or 4th.  Given our offense was not good at all the percentage of converting a 4th and long was very low. 

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

What’s it matter? We needed the FG or the first down.  At worst you turn it over on the opposing side of the field.  Doesn’t really matter if he throws the interception on 3rd or 4th.  Given our offense was not good at all the percentage of converting a 4th and long was very low. 

I see your point but have a different perspective. How do you know he throws an INT on 4th down? You have options on 4th if you don’t throw the INT on 3rd.

Archived