Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

24 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Figured this as Fields scheduled a 2nd Pro Day.  Just a matter of time.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You can probably put WFT in that conversation too.  Probably.  Also, I wonder what kind of relationship Mayhew might have with the Lions at this time if the WFT wanted to move up in the draft.  Wonder what the thoughts are on BB when his DC was just let go as HC there.  Just some things to ponder, that's all.  

All depends on what the 9ers do at 3. If they take Fields I doubt anyone trades up for Jones. Maybe the Pats trade up for Lance, not sure. Now if the 9ers take Jones, all of a sudden the Pats could trade up for Fields and the possibility for us to trade up for Lance opens up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HigSkin said:

2)  He's trended toward day 2 pick and keeps coming back to Kyle Trask

5)  He explained to EB about picking a guy and who do they get rid of that Allen, Heineke and Montez are all back-ups - building a better roster theory

6) Darnold would not have allowed them that flexibility

2) Did he really mention Trask by name? ugh

5) If they get Lance and have Fitz, would Heinicke bring any trade value? I don't see Allen bringing much and Montez is a zero at this point

6)  Haha to Darnold not allowing flexibility..he would strangled us for another year or two

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

D.  If they trade for a QB and miss out at LT for that reason or in the draft, watch out for the Steelers veteran tackle who is on the market.  He has a difficult name to pronouce and i don't feel like looking it up :ols:

E.  He mentions on offense they want a LT, a TE and another RB for depth

F.  They like the depth in the draft at tackle.  

G.  They like the depth at LB but not as much as tackle but a good player could be had in the first few rounds

H.  He alluded to you don't need stud LBs behind a monster D line so they don't per se need to find crazy talent at that spot

I.  he mentionted there are TEs they like after the first round

So their first pick will probably be LT if not Lance.

If they get Lance they have VIllanueva on speed dial depending on how many picks they give up to get Lance.

Continue to press a #2 TE with LB and RB down the food chain.

I am happy they have a solid backup LT plan.

richvsfat.gif

On 4/6/2021 at 3:23 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

It seems extremely ironic...

A football player could literally be the 17th best (or even better) Quarterback, on an entire planet of 8 Billion people...

and still, an overwhelming number of fans will say about him, "You Suck !"

sink.jpg

On 4/6/2021 at 3:32 PM, KDawg said:

I think you have to keep in mind that they are talking on a scale, and not in the 1:8,000,000,000 scale. 

It's more on a 1:32 scale. Because that's the reference point.

No one who played or has played in the NFL sucks at football. 

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/2075397/richvsfat.gif

If they did more things like this, Darnold would start to look better I guess.

Edited by jsharrin55

28 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yes, he said Trask which surprised me because there's been so much chatter about Mills in the second round.

Keim and Finlay think Trask.  Standig thinks Mills.  

Personally, I don't love either but the more I digest the two, its Mills by a mile for me. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, dyst said:

Why would Patriots be rumored to trade up for a QB. Doesn’t the “system” allow them to plug and play any QB

Last season brought that Big Lie to a screeching halt. And Bill B is clearly frantic to try and convince people that he's actually a great coach and it wasn't just him riding Brady to all those SB wins. He spent like a drunken sailor in FA so I don't see any reason why he wouldn't do the same in the draft via picks if it came to it. Desperate people are hard to predict.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, dyst said:

Why would Patriots be rumored to trade up for a QB. Doesn’t the “system” allow them to plug and play any QB

Really can’t see the 49ers paying Jimmy G 25mil to be a one year placeholder. I think they formally trade him during the draft to NE.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’ll say this one thing we can say definitevly.  Ron and the FO do not see Allen or Heinicke as a franchise QB.

thankfully so in my opinion, valued depth, we need to bring in the long term answer at QB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim and Finlay think Trask.  Standig thinks Mills.  

Personally, I don't love either but the more I digest the two, its Mills by a mile for me. 

If the WFT really wants Mills I believe he will be there when we select in the 2nd.  RR is calling the shots and it only matters what he thinks as he will make the selections after giving the info from his F.O..  I am hoping he waits until the 3rd.  

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

thankfully so in my opinion, valued depth, we need to bring in the long term answer at QB.

Agreed and think RR makes that move this year rather than next year.  

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

If the WFT really wants Mills I believe he will be there when we select in the 2nd.  

Watching some of the National sports media draft guys last week and seems like there's some speculation he could go late first to team like the Bucs or Saints.

I dunno, seems high but it was explained a team like the Bucs doesn't have any real needs and might be looking for a Brady replacement to develop and Saints only get Winston for a year would be looking as well.  Both apparently have interest in him.

14 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Watching some of the National sports media draft guys last week and seems like there's some speculation he could go late first to team like the Bucs or Saints.

I dunno, seems high but it was explained a team like the Bucs doesn't have any real needs and might be looking for a Brady replacement to develop and Saints only get Winston for a year would be looking as well.  Both apparently have interest in him.

Supply and demand.  Could happen.  I would think though that you don't pass on the talent in the 1st that will not be available in the 2nd.  We shall see though, HigSkin.  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll say this one thing we can say definitevly.  Ron and the FO do not see Allen or Heinicke as a franchise QB.

That's because they aren't.  After that early flash; Kyle showed he's just a backup. Taylor is also just a backup who can pinch hit for some games if needed.  Ryan is here to win, in 2021 and if we do draft someone; help groom the kid.

Atlanta is sitting pretty because they can stand pat and get a key player or trade down and get picks.  Since Matt Ryan will be there at least a couple of more years; they probably aren't drafting a QB at #4.  Given their needs; trading down and getting picks is ideal for them.   Jerry Jones is lusting after Kyle Pitts.  Atlanta can get some picks and still pick a Top 10 player. Denver may want that 4th QB; they can trade with Atlanta. Going down to #9, Atlanta can still get a Top 10 player.  New England and Chicago want that long term QB and not the stop gaps.  They maybe desperate enough to trade up and give up picks.  Bill needs his new Tom Brady and the GM and coach in Chicago jobs are on the line.

I don't see Ron & Co. trading up to Atlanta's spot.  Too much to give.  Cincy and Miami aren't trading down.   So, if the QB that they are after is still there at 7-Lions or 8- Panthers; they will have to outbid Denver, Chicago and New England.   Of course, if Teddy Bridgewater gets traded that could help us.  He goes to Denver; then that takes Denver out of the picture.  He goes to San Fran to mentor their QB; then Jimmy probably going to New England. 

We will know in 3 weeks.   If Mac Jones gets drafted at #2 or #3; then there will be 2 of the Top QBs available at #4 and the draft will get interesting.  If Mac Jones is QB #5; then he may slide a little. I don't see anyone trading up for him if he isn't picked at #2 or #3.

6 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Like much of what you hear about this time of year, sounds like BS. The most QBs ever taken in Rounds 1-3 combined is 7. And people act like there's going to be 9 selected in the first two rounds in 2021. It aint happening. Many of these "lower" guys are going to fall more than most think.

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2021 at 4:25 PM, Warhead36 said:

All depends on what the 9ers do at 3. If they take Fields I doubt anyone trades up for Jones. Maybe the Pats trade up for Lance, not sure. Now if the 9ers take Jones, all of a sudden the Pats could trade up for Fields and the possibility for us to trade up for Lance opens up.

If Washington is to have any chance at either Justin Fields or Trey Lance, the 49ers must draft Mac Jones which would be insane IMO.  Then I could see Denver at #9 trading with Atlanta to get either Fields or Lance at #4.  Cincinnati and Miami will make their selections at #5 and #6 respectively.  Then Detroit at #7 is where the real bidding war for who remains between Fields and Lance begins between New England, Washington, and Chicago. 

Very little separates picks 15, 19, and 20.  So the team that offers the best trade package will win pick #7.  I think Washington has the edge, because they can offer one of their four DTs as well as draft picks.

I can see this play out.  But it starts with the 49ers inexplicably, IMO, taking Mac Jones at #3. 

NOTE:  Neither New England, Washington, nor Chicago wants that pick to make it to Carolina.  I can easily see Carolina drafting either Fields or Lance if either of them fell in Carolina's lap, because Sam Darnold is no guarantee at QB.

Edited by cakmoney61

30 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

NOTE:  Neither New England, Washington, nor Chicago wants that pick to make it to Carolina.  I can easily see Carolina drafting either Fields or Lance if either of them fell in Carolina's lap, because Sam Darnold is no guarantee at QB.

Carolina gave Darnold the fifth year extension and traded a 2 for him. They’re not drafting a QB.

This makes me gut sick even to think about it let alone type it but I have a question that needs to be asked.

Assume the following:

1. Atlanta is on the clock and willing to make a trade with us.

2. The young qb that we love AND that Rivera firmly believes can potentially make a Patrick Mahomes type impact on our team in a few years is there for the taking.

3. However, the ONLY way that Atlanta will agree to trade the 4th pick is if we agree to send them ughhh...Chase Young.

4. Atlanta is not bluffing. There is neither the time nor the incentive for Atlanta to negotiate. No other combination of players, picks or cash will suffice. If we don’t give them Chase they have a deal in place with another team that they will take.

Tick...tick...tick...

What do you do?

A. Laugh at them and hang up the phone.

B. Give up a once in a lifetime edge player and team leader for a potential franchise trajectory changing quarterback?

C. Other.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

2 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

This makes me gut sick even to think about it let alone type it but I have a question that needs to be asked.

Assume the following:

1. Atlanta is on the clock and willing to make a trade with us.

2. The young qb that we love AND that Rivera firmly believes can potentially make a Patrick Mahomes type impact on our team in a few years is there for the taking.

3. However, the ONLY way that Atlanta will agree to trade the 4th pick is if we agree to send them ughhh...Chase Young.

4. Atlanta is not bluffing. If we don’t give them Chase they have a deal in place with another team ready to go.

What do you do?

A. Laugh at them and hang up the phone.

B. Give up a once in a lifetime edge player and team leader for a potential franchise trajectory changing quarterback?

Chase is our identity. I think he is untouchable.