Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

41 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I don’t see Us calling Atlanta if Lance is available. Too much to give. If Denver wants him; that would be the team to trade with Atlanta.

Now, if Lance is available 7 or 8; then we may trade up. Of course, we would have to outbid Denver, New England and Chicago.

Yeah usually I wouldn't necessarily worry about NE trading up as they rarely did anything like that. But now that Bill B is in the middle of his "It wasn't all Tom Brady! It was me too! LOVE ME!" nervous breakdown I could definitely see them moving up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah usually I wouldn't necessarily worry about NE trading up as they rarely did anything like that. But now that Bill B is in the middle of his "It wasn't all Tom Brady! It was me too! LOVE ME!" nervous breakdown I could definitely see them moving up.

Call me crazy but BB's time in N.E. is coming to and end and I would say the end of 2022 might be it.  His past success with TB probably gets him another gig but he was very fortunate to have TB to land him the SBs he got, IMO.  

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

#19, Plus Scherff and whatever else it takes. 

UK, we get Scherff's good play for 2021 and then he's gone.  We will need to either sign a FA OG replacement in 2022 or replace him in house if the talent is there (maybe Charles) can replace him or draft that player in 2022.  I don't see anyone trading for him and his $18 mill dollar deal.  I don't think budges from it.  

Im kinda surprised at how cheap trade ups have been for QB's in recent years. Needless to say, if all I needed to offer was our 1st, next years first and something else, I'd say done before this sentence was ended with this period. I'm speaking of Fields. I'd trade up for Lance as well, but if Fields falls, I'd be significantly more aggressive. I wonder what last thing we'd need to add to jump ahead of teams that are in that 9-16 zone?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Im kinda surprised at how cheap trade ups have been for QB's in recent years. Needless to say, if all I needed to offer was our 1st, next years first and something else, I'd say done before this sentence was ended with this period. I'm speaking of Fields. I'd trade up for Lance as well, but if Fields falls, I'd be significantly more aggressive. I wonder what last thing we'd need to add to jump ahead of teams that are in that 9-16 zone?

Well the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles are picking 10-12 and there is no way they'll trade with us. And I still think the Broncos will go QB at 9 if one is available(but I'm not sure they'll trade up for one, MAYBE Fields).

Our best trade target is the Lions at 7.

With two weeks to go before the draft take any and all reports with a grain of salt.  As teams solidify their draft boards their focus moves from “what players do we want” to “how can we hide our intentions from other teams”.

The misdirection over the next 14 days will put the campaign to convince Germany that the invasion would be at pas-de-calais rather than Normandy to shame.

That said here’s an interesting assesment from Chris Simms...

7 hours ago, RWJ said:

Call me crazy but BB's time in N.E. is coming to and end and I would say the end of 2022 might be it.  His past success with TB probably gets him another gig but he was very fortunate to have TB to land him the SBs he got, IMO.  

He is 69. I don't see him as a head coach much longer no matter what. In any case, even if Tom had stayed in NE, I think they wouldn't have done much better than they did. Hell, in the second half of 2019, they struggled to a 500 record. Improvement in Buffalo and Miami have to be considered since if they had not improved, NE may have won the division even with their mediocre offense.

Which team is most likely to move up in this draft if one of the top QBs slides? (via @mattcoop_13)

Kiper: Let's rank them. Here's how I'd put four teams, with the most likely at the top:

1. New England: The Patriots don't usually have a pick as high as No. 15. Can Bill Belichick & Co. really afford to wait for a franchise quarterback? The 2022 class is not nearly as good as this one.

2. Denver: Are the Broncos sold on Drew Lock? They have the No. 9 pick and wouldn't have to move up as many spots. They could also pick the best player available and give Lock one more year to prove he's a legit NFL starter.

3. Washington: These next two teams rank here because of where they are in Round 1. At No. 19, Washington would have to give up a lot to move a few spots. It does have an extra third-round pick from the Trent Williams trade last year.

4. Chicago: The Bears gave Andy Dalton a one-year deal, but at No. 20, they'd have to really love a quarterback to trade up. General manager Ryan Pace, though, could be desperate to get his guy.

We hear a lot about the probable first-round QBs, but are there any interesting Day 2 or Day 3 quarterbacks you guys see with starting potential? (via @CGott17)

McShay: Stanford's Davis Mills. He was a five-star recruit coming out of high school and has a lot of natural ability. He makes good decisions with the football, is accurate and gets the ball out quickly. But Mills is a rhythm passer -- he does his best work when his drops are timed well with the receiver's routes and the pocket is clean -- and struggles when things get muddy around him, forcing him off-platform. That, along with just 11 starts of college experience and some durability concerns, makes him a gamble, but potentially a worthy one on Day 2.

To me, Mills has the highest ceiling of those guys beyond the top five, and I think he could be the sixth QB taken. At worst, he's the eighth. But he's a hot name right now, and a team like Denver, New England, Washington, Chicago or maybe even Pittsburgh could certainly jump at the chance to draft him in Round 2 and walk away with a future starter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31255313/nfl-draft-2021-mailbag-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-answer-questions-mac-jones-qb-trades-surprises

1 hour ago, Darth Tater said:

He is 69. I don't see him as a head coach much longer no matter what. In any case, even if Tom had stayed in NE, I think they wouldn't have done much better than they did. Hell, in the second half of 2019, they struggled to a 500 record. Improvement in Buffalo and Miami have to be considered since if they had not improved, NE may have won the division even with their mediocre offense.

Age does have something to do with it but I also believe Brady is the best that has ever played the game.  

17 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Why would Mayhew assume that other teams don't know what they're looking for in a quarterback?

Seems a little arrogant at best, or am I missing something?

He means they don’t know what Washington is looking for so they don’t know who, when or how they’d move up to get their guy because they don’t even know who their guy would be.

Which I think is a fairly stupid take anyways because there’s only going to be two dudes available at that point and either one of them, whoever they are, would improve the long term prospectus of our QB room. So why wouldn’t they assume were involved in some way regardless?

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Why would Mayhew assume that other teams don't know what they're looking for in a quarterback?

Seems a little arrogant at best, or am I missing something?

I'm playing the messenger here, redskinss.  That's all.  :)

You know the OP's question has been answered by the Team. Veteran for 2021.

I think the best chance we have for one of the Top Qbs; is if San Francisco drafts Jones. I personally hope we get that long term QB in this draft.

There probably will be a 6th QB drafted , at the bottom of round 1.  Someone like New Orleans or Pittsburgh may draft Kyle Trask.

On 4/15/2021 at 11:28 AM, RWJ said:

I always claimed he’d be done at the most two years after Brady...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Lance makes it to #4, things could get crazy in what Atlanta is offered and possibly accepts in a trade or may they draft him themselves.  4/29 is gonna be a crazy night early in the draft and possibly beyond in the 1st.