Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

The Rams were a top 10 draft team for years and also had our top 10 picks for 3 years. Their roster is packed. Give us extra high picks for a few years then we'd have a roster built a QB away too. 

I have zero interest in Watson and its not even just the cost.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, megared said:

Don't think Watson would fit the Ron-centric setup... is Ron gonna commit to run FO decisions by Watson?   That's the reason he wants out of Houston...

Probably only because they didn't know what they were doing.  I suspect if he went somewhere where he had confidence in the front office and coach, he wouldn't be expecting input.  But even then, part of his irritation is they promised him input and reneged.  Ron would never promise such a thing to begin with.  Houston shouldn't have either.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

So you'd go Trubisky over Allen and Heinicke? 

I personally prefer Heinicke. I think if we didn't have to trade draft capital and a huge salary to bring in someone to compete for the starting job, we would be better off overall.  I am hoping that Heinicke will be the Cinderella story of the NFL.

However, his injury concerns and small sample size of success will cause many to doubt that he could be the anointed one.

Trubisky is young and can be at the very least, insurance for the WFT. I would not give up on a former 2nd pick that is in his twenties.  He may not pan out like Tannehill but we wouldn't have to mortgage our future by pursuing Watson.

• Like 2

Yeah @Justice98 has the right of it. A lot of people seem to have missed the main contention in the Watson issue. Watson isn't pissed that he wasn't involved in FO decisions. He's pissed that the team promised he'd be involved in FO decisions but didn't include him. It's a trust issue. I live in SC. Watson is good kid. He's not a prima donna. I remember when hurricane Harvey hit Houston. Watson donated part of his first game check to three workers that were affected buy it. I also believe that's why the situation in Houston is "unsalvagable" once a player doesn't trust ownership their is no resolution. It's not like a coach issue or an issue with another player. As WFT fans, we know you can cut the owner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't know about that.  They started trading 1st round picks in 2017 following a 2016 season where they were the worst team in the league at 4-12.  

Don't forget, there are some coaches who can get 2-3 more wins above what the talent of the team would typically get.  The. There are coaches who basically get wins based on the talent they have.  Then there is Jeff Fisher who could have been handed the greatest show on turf Rams and made them a 6-10 team because he’s such an incredibly bad coach. 

The team McVay inherited was better than their record indicated, and then they added pieces to it and they turned things around quickly.

The reason the improved so quickly is they went from a coach who minimized the talent on the team to a coach who maximized it, and they then went out and got more talent.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Rams were a top 10 draft team for years and also had our top 10 picks for 3 years. Their roster is packed. Give us extra high picks for a few years then we'd have a roster built a QB away too. 

I have zero interest in Watson and its not even just the cost.

would you trade 2 firsts for Stafford but not 3 for watson if that was the cost, Deshaun watson makes this team a contender....

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Darc Requiem said:

Yeah @Justice98 has the right of it. A lot of people seem to have missed the main contention in the Watson issue. Watson isn't pissed that he wasn't involved in FO decisions. He's pissed that the team promised he'd be involved in FO decisions but didn't include him. It's a trust issue. I live in SC. Watson is good kid. He's not a prima donna. I remember when hurricane Harvey hit Houston. Watson donated part of his first game check to three workers that were affected buy it. I also believe that's why the situation in Houston is "unsalvagable" once a player doesn't trust ownership their is no resolution. It's not like a coach issue or an issue with another player. As WFT fans, we know you can cut the owner. 

Yeah, I can't see how anyone sees what went down in Houston the last couple of years and not be sympathetic to Watson. I mean I guess without really seeing what happened it's easy to look at him as a diva, but dude just watched the team get dismantled because of a nutcase coach, lost his best weapon, saw his team go 4-12 despite him having an MVP-like season and then watched the team bring in a GM without his knowledge even though they told him they would consult him. Dude wants to win. He has his money so the easy thing would have been to shut up and collect those millions, but watching the FO rip apart a contending team in 18 months would make any athlete frustrated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

But somehow this is good for the league and the sport because "SALARY CAP IS SACROSANCT !!!!!!!!!"  How about determine the kind of NFL personnel situation you want and then design a salary cap to foster it, not impede it.

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Remember, it isn't official until March 17. So, either team can back out before that date.

St. Paddy's Day is the perfect time for monster deals to become official. 

"When you build a team with free agents you don't have a team, you have a bunch of individuals" - Ken Beatrice, a guy who sounded like Maxwell Smart and had as much experience playing football but wasn't honest about it.

The lesson I'm drawing from the salary cap problem is:  fill your team with as many quality rookie contract players and smart FA moves as possible, and then break the bank for the only player a team should break the bank for (besides Chase Young) - the QB.  Assuming the team is comfortable finding starters or significant contributors in rounds 2+, I'd be in favor of trading out of the first round.  This year, especially, more picks is important.  I get how important QB is, but I'd rather one more year of "build the roster" and then overpay for the disgruntled star QB who wants out of his sh!t show.

20 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I think he has a point, in the other tweets below that one.  The Rams’ are going to lose players to FA, it’s inevitable when any team has a high priced QB.  On top of that they traded away 3 high picks that could have filled the gaps of players leaving to FA.

Edited by heyholetsgogrant

1 minute ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I think he has a point, in the other tweets below that one.  The Rams’ are going to lose players to FA, it’s inevitable when you any team has a high priced QB.  On top of that they traded away 3 high picks that could have filled the gaps of players leaving to FA.

Correct. They’ve leveraged themselves into an all-or-nothing 2 year SB run knowing full well that a multi-year 3-13 cap hell is going to happen down the road.  And they’ve done it to acquire a QB that has never won a playoff game.  

Full disclosure...I love Matt Stafford and would’ve gladly traded #19 + a3rd for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim's take on the QB situation

Keim's take on Wrs coming here

Yeah, but we're one of the few teams with mucho cap space.  If the WRs want great QBs, yeah, we'll not be on the list.  If they want money, yeah, we are on the list.

Conversely, that's probably why the top LBs might want to come here considering they'll have a D-line to take pressure off of them.

• Like 1