Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Ok Ron I was about to question you for not calling a time out before the half but I soon realized you know how bad this offense is and they would just self destruct more if allowed.  

This is some stinky football. 

That is why I assume Rivera took it down to the 2 minute warning on that 3rd down when there was plenty of time to run a play.  Figured Rivera had zero confidence in them converting.

Just now, Playaction2Sanders said:

How many 1st round picks do you need to invest in the line then to get to where you need to be? Not to mention we're gonna have to pay Allen and right after him Payne.. 

I agree. At this point Settle and Allen and Payne should be world beaters by now instead of “potentially”.

DL is still balling though missing Chase.

LBs can play a lot better in the run and pass game.

DBs looked good when they were communicating but Apke is not an NFL defender so yeah.

Scheme needs to mix in a bit more pressure to get Mayfield off his rhythm. LBS need to be more aggressive and swarm their run fits together.

DBs need to get a couple of INTs off pressure throws.

Browns will likely lean on run first so shut down that first in the second half. Swarm tackles on Chubb/Hunt.

1 minute ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

How many 1st round picks do you need to invest in the line then to get to where you need to be? Not to mention we're gonna have to pay Allen and right after him Payne.. 

?

They're okay. Injuries to Matt I and Young hurt their depth. Our DL as it is is fine, to be honest with you. It's not among the league best, but its still top half of the league for sure.

The rest of the defense is more of the issue. 

at this point DH has stared down is two INTs, completely locked in and never saw the defender. but on top of  that Ron openly admitting his mechanics are nowhere where they need them to be for this offense, idk how you win with that combination. previously he was protecting the ball but if he's going to add INTs to the pile + poor mechanics + not making the simple throw (related to mechanics), the offense struggles all season.

i dont think they yank him, but it looks bad for Ron/DH and the calls for Allen only get louder.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Kyle Allen is no prize, but we need to see an actual NFL capable QB under center at some point to be able to properly judge what we have in the rest of the offense.  

Two weeks ago I would have strongly argued against this. A week ago I was on the fence, but now I'm with you.

I'm changing sides. Haskins annoys me and I want him gone.

1 minute ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I would rather trade Allen to team that runs a 3/4 for draft picks.  I would rather keep interior DT Payne, Ionnadis and Settle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

That was about as bad as I could have imagined for Haskins. **** it all for Fields (I still don't think we'll be #1 overall--the Jets are ****, as are the Panthers)

Keep an eye on Trey Lance. There's not much out there on him yet, but there will be. Dual Threat guy. REAL good athlete. Powerful arm. Accurate. Plays for North Dakota St., though. So competition level is lower.

• Like 1