Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

The game isn't over.  So let's see how Haskins bounces back.  Haskins did not throw ints before this game, but his inaccuracy has finally come to bite him.  

This guy is supposed to have played the game since he was 10 or 11.  How is he not able to throw accurately?  Further, college wasn't bad in terms of accuracy. So, what exactly is he doing?

Haskins has worked hard in the offseason.  He is failing not because he isn't working.  At some point, you just have to conclude that he doesn't have NFL-level talent.  I haven't reached that point YET.  Give him the whole year.  If we are bad, we will have the opportunity to grab another QB, as our record should be abysmal.

Haskins needs to be evaluated for the full season... As long as he doesn't string halves together like that.

Those kinds of halves are so demoralizing that he will lose his teammates, level of play will drop, and you won't get any kind of true evaluation anyways because the team is not feeling the swagger that they need. 

I am all aboard the Haskins play out the season train... unless he plays like that. Then I'm leaning the other way. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Honestly we have real chance of going 1-5 and if we do we gotta start thinking about making a change at QB if we think that will help us secure a top pick. 

Yes im talking about tanking it and we all know it works already. 

?? If we’re 1-5 and Haskins is a big reason isn’t changing the QB only gonna give us a chance to improve? lol

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

You are 100% correct. The year is done. The tanking scenario is the best option. Maybe we get lucky and the season is cut short. So tank early and often.

Problem is we gotta play the Giants twice and the Eagles again and there is a real argument to be made that even as bad as we are now we can win all of those games. 

1 minute ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Just received a telegram from an asshole Cowboys fan:

”On September 27th, 2020 the competitive portion of the unnamed football team’s schedule officially came to a close. Bwahaha!”

Hold on to it. We know we suck. We weren't supposed to be good. The Cowboys are going to get destroyed tonight. They're not good--and they have to break the bank for Prescott this offseason.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Passizle said:

This is going to be the new "Jason Campbell" debate. Though, we DO have to give him some time... This year shouod who what he has. Our O line is terribad.

Jason Campbell knew he was a fraud and avoided any contested plays to pad stats. Haskins genuinely thinks he’s the man and plays to try to win. I actually give him props for that but it unfortunately reveals his value as a qb in the nfl without any doubt. 

1 minute ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Welcome to the dark side, LK. I don't even want him GONE, I just want him on the bench to learn and grow instead of having to watch him under center. He's not ready. It's obvious. 

Yeah, you're right, I'm pissed right now and overreacted. He ain't ready and might not ever be ready, but maybe some time on the bench will help him.

Just now, KDawg said:

Haskins needs to be evaluated for the full season... As long as he doesn't string halves together like that.

Those kinds of halves are so demoralizing that he will lose his teammates, level of play will drop, and you won't get any kind of true evaluation anyways because the team is not feeling the swagger that they need. 

I am all aboard the Haskins play out the season train... unless he plays like that. Then I'm leaning the other way. 

Agree. Let him play out the season. If he's bad and doesn't improve then we know for sure we need a new QB (and will likely end up with a pretty high draft pick).

That being said, if he's really really bad for the next couple of games RR will eventually probably have to sit him for the good of the team in general.

7 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Two weeks ago I would have strongly argued against this. A week ago I was on the fence, but now I'm with you.

I'm changing sides. Haskins annoys me and I want him gone.

Same.  I was firmly against this idea the first  two weeks because the mistakes Haskins made seemed more mechanical.  Today he is making the kind of errors that indicate he is not ready for this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I need names...

I think it’s pointless not to give him the season to give him an entire shot to get it.

But I also think he’s costing the team games.

I don’t know where this puts me on the spectrum of fans.  

I do think he has the physical talent.

Whats most concerning to me, with all the help he’s gotten, his mechanics are still a mess leading to inaccuracy 

Just now, Llevron said:

Problem is we gotta play the Giants twice and the Eagles again and there is a real argument to be made that even as bad as we are now we can win all of those games. 

I don't know, man. Cleveland is missing a bunch of guys defensively and they look like they're a top tier defense right now. Maybe WFT adjusts well here?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

?? If we’re 1-5 and Haskins is a big reason isn’t changing the QB only gonna give us a chance to improve? lol

*If we think that would help being the keep part there lol. I would be for real worried that changing could actually work and we win one or two!