Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Washington QB Alex Smith cleared by his surgical team for full football activity

justice98

22 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

My fear is that if this scenario plays out.  Do you remember Robosack and the Music City Miricle? Flutie gets Buffalo to the playoffs in the 15th game, Rob Johnson gets the nod the next week in a meaningless game and kills it. Team owner forces Wade Phillips to start Robosack in the playoff game.  Yes, Flutie was older at the time and didn't really play a pretty game but he just won.

The thing is that Haskins is pure trash on the field.  He's not even close to the type of player that Rob Johnson was.  I just want Alex health for the Carolina game and if the Philly game is meaningless, Haskins can start.  If they get to the playoffs, Alex is starting without a doubt.

53 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

The thing is that Haskins is pure trash on the field.  He's not even close to the type of player that Rob Johnson was.  I just want Alex health for the Carolina game and if the Philly game is meaningless, Haskins can start.  If they get to the playoffs, Alex is starting without a doubt.

I'd disagree.  Robosack would make Haskins look like an all-pro.

11 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

I'd disagree.  Robosack would make Haskins look like an all-pro.

Rob Johnson should have won a playoff game (the music city miracle).  For no reason the Bills kept 20 seconds on the clock when they could have let it dwindle to make the fg the last play of the game.  Haskins is pure trash.  He'll never win anything in this league.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yep, that plan worked against the Niners. Came out with a W that way

Haskins seems to play better in the 2nd half anyway, whether in relief or as a starter. (Philly game, 49ers, Seahawks, etc)

Our Defense plays better in the 2nd half too. Our whole team, really.

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yep, that plan worked against the Niners. Came out with a W that way

Haskins seems to play better in the 2nd half anyway, whether in relief or as a starter. (Philly game, 49ers, Seahawks, etc)

Yeah, but if Haskins' first half is the second half, this could be a recipe for disaster.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hope so.  My prediction is if Alex plays they win.  If he doesn't play they might lose unless Gibson plays.  Haskins with no Gibson would be a game I fear. 

Agreed. Smith, Gibson and TMac all uncertain. This could go a lot of ways.

We absolutely need more QB, WR, RB on this team.

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, but if Haskins' first half is the second half, this could be a recipe for disaster.  

That's why I said, "whether in relief, or as a starter."

As "relief" I was referring to the 49er game, where Smith got us in a good place in the 1st half. And Haskins did "just enough not to lose it" in the 2nd half.

So, whether he's starting or relieving, we can eek out a win, if he plays in the 2nd half

18 hours ago, sjinhan said:

If we clinch the division then it is better to lose against Philly so it will hurt their draft position

RUFKM?  You know who thinks like that?  George Allen's dumb son.  (Ironically, George would've told the team that if they lost, he was giving the Eagles the team's 16th through 20th round picks.)

Archived