Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Washington QB Alex Smith cleared by his surgical team for full football activity

justice98

I think people are giving Seattle wayyyyyy more credit then they deserve this year.  I don't see the dominating team they usually trot out.  They beat the dolphins and cardinals.   Those are really the only notable wins they have.  They lost to the Giants Rams Bills so when they play good defenses they don't do well.  Their defense may be one of the lowest ranked we play all year and we have played the BEST defenses this year 5 out of the top 10 not including us.  Im not a huge Haskins guy but I do think we could win this game even with him at QB.  Our defensive gameplan should  be to sack and disrupt Russel and double Metcalf.  If we can do those 2 things then we make it VERY tough on them.  Thay are 9-4 but I think we have played a much tougher schedule the rams and bills were their toughest games and they lost both.  

1 hour ago, NeverSurrender said:

I think people are giving Seattle wayyyyyy more credit then they deserve this year.  I don't see the dominating team they usually trot out.  They beat the dolphins and cardinals.   Those are really the only notable wins they have.  They lost to the Giants Rams Bills so when they play good defenses they don't do well.  Their defense may be one of the lowest ranked we play all year and we have played the BEST defenses this year 5 out of the top 10 not including us.  Im not a huge Haskins guy but I do think we could win this game even with him at QB.  Our defensive gameplan should  be to sack and disrupt Russel and double Metcalf.  If we can do those 2 things then we make it VERY tough on them.  Thay are 9-4 but I think we have played a much tougher schedule the rams and bills were their toughest games and they lost both.  

Wrong Thread.

19 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It looks very much like a form or variation of Traction Therapy.

That's not Traction, nor a variation. 

It's a simple calf stretch, attempting to isolate the lower leg muscles to loosen tension in the Soleus.  The wrap is a heating pad.  Sitting with a lift isolates the lower leg muscles.  Manipulating the foot in this position gives the Physical Therapist who is working on him an idea of the degree of resistance by feel to gauge if there's any increase in the range of motion. 

This indicates a normal site for his strain to be at the Soleus in the area where it meets the Gastroc.  It's not the Achilles tendon, however for the patient, it feels like it.  It would be normal for Alex to think or be concerned that he might be risking tearing his Achilles.  With that speculation to what Alex might be concerned with could explain his inaccuracy and refusing to push off on his throws. 

Treatment this week would be muscle therapies, diet alternatives (specifically no caffeine and increased sodium/electrolytes), hydration, muscle relaxants, & rest.  Reasonable expectations for recovery can be assessed in 72 hrs.  Follow-up tests can be assessed about Wednesday to solicit response to treatment modalities the following day.  In essence they'll know Thursday if he will be able to play.  If all treatment releases tension in the Soleus, there's no reason he wouldn't be a full go for Sunday (home game gives 12 hr of additional treatment time). 

I would expect about a 70% chance he plays if he is listed as Questionable or better, and Limited Participation on Fridays Injury report. They wouldn't even practice him Thursday if it's still tight so a DNP would mean Haskins is the likely starter vs Seattle.  I think if they continue the Abundance of Caution scenario then he could be DNP all week and still be active as the backup.  Literally if he's still tight, but not worse, he's still suiting up as the backup IMO. 

externalcalf.thumb.jpg.38bc0d023f6869ff7671daeac7d92645.jpg

WFT would be foolish to announce his availability before the inactives are due on gameday.

I'm in the camp of rest AS, gibson, KPL, anyone else who is banged up, and go all in those last 2 games.  If we finish 2-1 for an 8-8 record, only team that can overtake us would be the giants by winning 3 straight, with wins over browns and ravens.  I don't see that happening.

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

only team that can overtake us would be the giants by winning 3 straight, with wins over browns and ravens.  I don't see that happening.

Especially with The Clapper being replaced by The Kitchen for calling plays with Colt at QB... maybe Kitchens has a revenge factor against the Browns but I don't see it happening and Cleveland will dominate the Giants.

33 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Alex just standing off to the side, hopefully they don't rule him out, I cant even get excited about a possible win vs Seattle if he doesn't make it out there.  I cant believe we've come this far and now we don't have a functioning, healthy QB.

Anybody else notice Dwayne's errant throw on the second video & Montez nail it accurately right afterwards? 😂

Archived