Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Washington QB Alex Smith cleared by his surgical team for full football activity

justice98

It's kind of humorous seeing fan reactions, of every single report or tweet, and then reading into them each, to conclude that Alex will, or will not, play.

And it doesn't matter how unrelated, indirectly related, or loosely related, the report is, to Smith's status. And each report garnering opposite reactions :

"Keim just tweeted an update about Gibson, but made zero mention of Smith's status ! That must mean Alex is not going to play !"

or

"Keim just tweeted an update about Gibson, but made zero mention of Smith's status ! That must mean Alex is good to go. He's going to play !"

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Could be me, but Smith looks tentative in that footage. Could be time for one final push. Get us over the line Alex, that would be one hell of an achievement. His efforts to play QB again should be applauded. 

Could be the slick surface from the snow. The WR looked a bit tentative after that catch in the end zone.

10 hours ago, KDawg said:

He can’t attend meetings where he could space out, but he can certainly practice with people much closer to players than he would be in a classroom. 

Does no one else see how strange some of these rules are?

And as also covered in the Haskins thread, but according the CDC, you can test negative and still pass it along.  

I know there are two types of tests to test for the virus.

Here are the two tests per CDC:

There are two different types of tests – diagnostic tests and antibody tests. A diagnostic test can show if you have an active coronavirus infection and should take steps to quarantine or isolate yourself from others.

Currently there are two types of diagnostic tests – molecular (RT-PCR) tests that detect the virus's genetic material, and antigen tests that detect specific proteins on the surface of the virus. Samples are typically collected with a nasal or throat swab, or saliva collected by spitting into a tube.

An antibody test looks for antibodies that are made by the immune system in response to a threat, such as a specific virus. Antibodies can help fight infections. Antibodies can take several days or weeks to develop after you have an infection and may stay in your blood for several weeks after recovery.

On 12/25/2020 at 12:59 PM, seantaylor=god said:

I’d actually do the opposite- Gibson has had a ton of success out of the backfield but despite his WR background in college he doesn’t look great there. McKissic on the other hand looks really natural catching the ball and running it, although he’s not as physical as Gibson (who had really been outstanding and I didn’t expect him to be a punishing runner). I love the idea to get them both of the field.

Either or. I think a 21 personnel with Logan is the way to go.

This offense depends on a veteran QB to assess the pre-snap defense and get out of bad plays more often than not.  I can see clearly on the coaches video that the WR's are the worst group on the team.  WR are consistently running the wrong routes ending up in the same place as another WR when the ball needs to come out.  Additionally WR are muffing blocks and dropping important catch-able passes.  Note that Haskins poor touch and poor mechanics lead to inaccuracy for WR the group.  Alex Smith must play to win games with this offense, as asking Haskins to do it is equal to Russian roulette as he will eventually succumb to his long list of deficiencies and fail where he shouldn't. 

21 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

OK, well that’s that.

My attitude concerning how the team should approach tomorrow’s game is summed up in this line from Scorsese’s The Color of Money: “Up your ass with the spot. Is that ok with you?” 

We will stand and fight fearlessly with what we’ve got but we’re not married to anybody.

Haskins (likely) gets the start, if he screws the pooch bring up Heineke.

If Heineke(n) turns out to be musky beer then “Man Mountain Montez” gets his chance to shock the world.

Whatever it takes to get a win.

50 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

If Smith is out just hand the ball off every single play. This defense is good enough to beat Carolina alone without MCC. As long as the QB doesnt give Carolina short fields we will win. 

And stack the O-line with 9 O-lineman.

Jumbo package every play. Tim Settle would fit in there somewhere.

It'll make Peyton Barber look like Riggins.

Barber's 3.3 yards a carry and a cloud of dust.

That equals a first down every series.

22 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ughh. Tomorrow’s going to be awful. 

Our games are almost always the opposite of what we expect.

17 minutes ago, Mpvanskins said:

We may not do crap in the playoffs, but it sure would be nice just to make it there. 

I want to make it with at least an 8-8 record.

A lot less grief from other fans than having a losing record in the playoffs.

Will still get grief, but a lot less.

There's a part of me that likes RR putting this season on all of the young kids....including DH. If they win they win together, if they lose they lose together and RR can challenge them in the offseason to work harder. Haskins will have to step up and show what kind of leader he is. Alex is not our future, lets put it on Dwayne and the other kids shoulders and see how they do. We will have two chances to win this thing assuming Baltimore takes care of business. As far as I'm concerned, we are on the right track regardless of how this season ends unless we totally go belly up and get blown out by Carolina and Philly. I believe RR is finding out who his leaders are and who the true winners on this team are and the next two weeks will help him see it all more clearly.

I am honestly pretty confident that the Ravens will beat the Giants and that even if Washington loses tomorrow they will still end up in a WIN & IN scenario going into Week 17.  However, with the team being so young, a lot of guys still learning to play their positions, the games are usually so close that I think Week 16 is just a much more favorable scenario for the team to wrap up the division. 

I don't even necessarily think they can't beat the Eagles assuming Smith and Gibson play, and are actually healthy going into the game, but I very much dislike a "win or go home" scenario for this team right now, and on that same note, I don't even think the Giants beating the Cowboys is any kind of sure thing either.   WFT and NYG both losing out is very much in play as well which means WFT gets in.

Archived