Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Washington QB Alex Smith cleared by his surgical team for full football activity

justice98

17 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'll tell ya which QB plays Sunday.

The one that gives us the best chance to win : Whether it's a hobbled Smith, or a Supercharged Heineke.

Whichever one can be more effective, after evaluating them both through Saturday.

It's that simple.

And they're both good options, and it's a good problem to have, so it's a Win-Win situation. But hopefully it ends up as Win-Win-Win.

I wish they would’ve done what you are saying last week. I had zero faith in the QB they started. Hopefully NFC East champions after Sunday night. 

Make no mistake about what Alex Smith brings to the offense.  He is by far the best judge and general at QB. 

He knows when to change a play at the line.  He understands where the mismatch and advantages are pre snap. 

He understands the correct progressions and timing for each route.  He is a game manager and not a gunslinger.

This provides a chance to win on any given Sunday. 

Last week I was begging for Alex to be healthy, but this week I’m kind of begging for the opposite. I’m no pro scout, but what I saw in the latter half of last week’s 4th quarter was something I haven’t seen from any wft qb all season. I say give the guy a shot... we know what we have in a fully healthy Alex smith, a solid game manager, let’s see what we have in this kid.

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

Make no mistake about what Alex Smith brings to the offense.  He is by far the best judge and general at QB. 

He knows when to change a play at the line.  He understands where the mismatch and advantages are pre snap. 

He understands the correct progressions and timing for each route.  He is a game manager and not a gunslinger.

This provides a chance to win on any given Sunday. 

I agree he's the best overall QB.

But because games are all about matchups, and there's some things that Heinicke actually may do better than Smith, he may possibly be the better choice against certain defenses, or if we have a crumbling O-line.

For example, there's no doubt he's much more mobile than Alex Smith. So if the defense comes with heavy pressure or blitzing, or our OL just collapses, it won't be very relevant how good that Alex is at game managing, if he never gets much of a chance to throw, or even move around or run, due to those limitations.

Likewise if the defense respects Heiny's ability to move and run, they may lay off the pass rush pressure, which gives him more time to throw. And since he's good at both reading pass defenses AND running if he has to, that puts us in a winnable situation

46 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Damn, no mention of Matthew McCoughnahey lol...

Speaking of movies and actors, aren't you the guy that spoke about brushing his teeth, while simultaneously walking all around the house, trying not to drool toothpaste, because you saw them being able to do it on TV all the time ?

And to answer your question - no to Mccoughnahey...Ryan Gosling all the way ! You can't get a better resemblance than that

20 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Speaking of movies and actors, aren't you the guy that spoke about brushing his teeth, while simultaneously walking all around the house, trying not to drool toothpaste, because you saw them being able to do it on TV all the time ?

And to answer your question - no to Mccoughnahey...Ryan Gosling all the way ! You can't get a better resemblance than that

What?!? Gosling over McConaughey? 1st...McConaughey is a Redskins fan...so yeah. 2nd If this was a Romance drama or RonCom, sure...pretty sure thats all Gosling does...

Oh as for acting...McConaughey is soooooo much better then Gosling.

I'm talking looks.

Gosling looks way more like Smith than MMC does.

Looks is more than half of it, if you're basing it on a true story your're familiar with - because if there's no resemblance, there's no suspension of disbelief.

It doesn't matter if the guy is a Redskin fan, or how good an actor is, or what his specialty is - if he looks nothing like Alex Smith then he will be a mental distraction

41 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm pretty sure I'm the guy who listed brushing your teef while walking around the house as something that happens in movies all the time that damn near never happens in real life lol...the others included eating Chinese food straight out of the white boxes with chopsticks--nobody in movies seems to use plates and forks lol--and finding an open parking spot right in front of the building you need to go into.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I'm pretty sure I'm the guy who listed brushing your teef while walking around the house as something that happens in movies all the time that damn near never happens in real life lol...the others included eating Chinese food straight out of the white boxes with chopsticks--nobody in movies seems to use plates and forks lol--and finding an open parking spot right in front of the building you need to go into.

Ok, had the right person, but just got my facts wrong.

Say, do you think they'll make a human adaptation to the movie Lion King, and have Dwayne Haskins play himself ?

I know @Spaceman Spiff can't wait for that to come out.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ok, had the right person, but just got my facts wrong.

Say, do you think they'll make a human adaptation to the movie Lion King, and have Dwayne Haskins play himself ?

I know @Spaceman Spiff can't wait for that to come out.

i don't recall there being any 3rd string QBs roaming the Serengeti in Disney's version but, hell, why not lol...

31 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

i don't recall there being any 3rd string QBs roaming the Serengeti in Disney's version but, hell, why not lol...

Oh, just a reference to him being a self-proclaimed Simba and gets his inspiration in life from Lion cartoons.

Didn't you see his website ? Havn't you embraced your inner lion ?

https://kingdomofpride.com/

31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Oh, just a reference to him being a self-proclaimed Simba and gets his inspiration in life from Lion cartoons.

Didn't you see his website ? Havn't you embraced your inner lion ?

https://kingdomofpride.com/

I knew about his nickname it was just that you said he would play himself lol...

Archived