Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I guess I will be that guy. In a competent organization Wentz would cost whoever made that decision their job. Giving up multiple picks for that clown show is unacceptable. Now maybe it is possible Turner wanted Wentz and that is part of the reason he is no longer here. He deserved to go simply for the way he called games. But Rivera should be fired for this disaster IMO. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I guess I will be that guy. In a competent organization Wentz would cost whoever made that decision their job. Giving up multiple picks for that clown show is unacceptable. Now maybe it is possible Turner wanted Wentz and that is part of the reason he is no longer here. He deserved to go simply for the way he called games. But Rivera should be fired for this disaster IMO. 

If the team wasn’t for sale and firing a head coach with 2 years left wasn’t a problem; he would’ve been gone.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If the team wasn’t for sale and firing a head coach with 2 years left wasn’t a problem; he would’ve been gone.

I still think with all this mess, if a sale does happen this offseason. Ron will keep his job as coach for 2023. Front office won't exclude him, but he's not making final decisions then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

They can't fire the owner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Let's be honest here. You're not "that guy." People have been calling for Ron's head since week 3 of 2020.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2023 at 5:57 PM, clskinsfan said:

A competent organization doesn’t have Wentz as their best option at quarterback in 2022. But we aren’t and that’s where we were.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Anyone else think that Rivera steps aside during the offseason and EB takes the role of HC for the 2023. That’s my prediction.

I don’t want either guy. I hope the new owner can let all these guys go and brings in a new GM and coach who are a package where the GM holds control

4 minutes ago, method man said:

I don’t want either guy. I hope the new owner can let all these guys go and brings in a new GM and coach who are a package where the GM holds control

Not looking likely before the start of this season now is it ? 

43 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Why would Rivera step aside this offseason? If it happens, next year would be the year. And it would be because we were good and he wanted to preserve our offense. 

Yeah I could see it maybe in 2024 or even 2025.  I suspect Ron might not be interested in going past his 5 year contract.  Like Gibbs (who left 1 year early) coaching this team can both physically and mentally I gather wear you down.

I know some here for whatever reason dislike Rivera the coach.  For me when he steps down, it's pure admiration from my end.  

He went through cancer, two name changes, all the scandals, COVID, a cash poor owner, a constant beating by the media from the local and national media.  Now all the headache (but a good headache) of an ownership change.  All the coaches here have endured a ton of crap.  But Rivera specfically dealt with it all ten fold and did so with total class and composre for the most part. 

Perfect ambassador for the Death Star.  Likable, great people skills, integrity -- he's everything that Dan is not. 

So while i do think from a pure coaching chops when Dan is gone we can do better than Ron.  But as for this team under Dan, he's the best we could likely attract IMO -- and he handled the crap storm with class and gave this franchise a needed dose of likeability when we needed it the most.  So as far as I am concerned Rivera did a killer job and when he steps down he has plenty to be proud of. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

If EB works with Sam Howell or whoever the QB is and is able to put together a dominant offense, then why wouldn’t you be interested in him as a HC? I would be especially interested in keeping him around if he works with Howell and Sam ends up doing great. 

Im neither for or against EB being a HC one day, but I do find it silly to disregard him completely at this time. We will have to see how this season goes, but as of right now, I’m pretty excited. Especially with Ken Zampese taking over game management.

I honestly feel like they are changing up some of the staff and it will help take a burden off of Rivera. If we can oust Dan quickly and just allow Ron to be a coach and be a leader of men, he may be able to get this team moving forward.

Everything is on the table for me. If I was buying this place, I’d be patient and see how things develop over the next 10-11 months. Let football people be football people while I work on updating facilities and hiring a great company that could rebrand this place properly. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Why would Rivera step aside this offseason? If it happens, next year would be the year. And it would be because we were good and he wanted to preserve our offense. 

I don’t he looks too great to be honest, and that’s not scaremongering, simply an observation. I do wonder if another move is pending once we get through FA and maybe the draft. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Where does all the Rivera is going to step aside for EB or step up into a team President type role stuff stem from?

I’ve seen nothing that suggests this.

Me neither, where’s that at?

Edited by Est.1974

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I don’t he looks too great to be honest, and that’s not scaremongering, simply an observation. I do wonder if another move is pending once we get through FA and maybe the draft. 

Me neither, where’s that at?

What do you mean?

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

If EB works with Sam Howell or whoever the QB is and is able to put together a dominant offense, then why wouldn’t you be interested in him as a HC? I would be especially interested in keeping him around if he works with Howell and Sam ends up doing great. 

Im neither for or against EB being a HC one day, but I do find it silly to disregard him completely at this time. We will have to see how this season goes, but as of right now, I’m pretty excited. Especially with Ken Zampese taking over game management.

I honestly feel like they are changing up some of the staff and it will help take a burden off of Rivera. If we can oust Dan quickly and just allow Ron to be a coach and be a leader of men, he may be able to get this team moving forward.

Everything is on the table for me. If I was buying this place, I’d be patient and see how things develop over the next 10-11 months. Let football people be football people while I work on updating facilities and hiring a great company that could rebrand this place properly. 

I'm just going to chime in here and say that this whole EB situation is very similar to the Marvin Lewis situation 2 decades ago when we brought him in as DC, Going back though, I wish we had brought him in as HC instead. I wasn't saying it then as I and most were so excited about Spurrier, but even after one year I wouldn't have minded firing Spurrier for Lewis. Of corse we got Gibbs next so it doesn't matter. Lewis took the Bengals to the playoffs for like 4 years in a row including finding Dalton and Ocho Sinco and TJH etc. We have just been a carousel here. I doubt that would have changed with Lewis but would I have taken what Lewis did in Cincy over what Shanny did here? Sure would. 

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Article on a poll taken of players who were asked to grade their team's facilities. As you can imagine, our results were abysmal.

Click HERE.

First person I will fire in that organization is the disaster of a hire called, Jason Wright. 

He has been an unmitigated disaster. 

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Anyone else think that Rivera steps aside during the offseason and EB takes the role of HC for the 2023. That’s my prediction.

No.  Ron wants be to coach. He hired EB to save his sorry ass. He knows he has to make playoffs at minimum this year or his new boss moves on.

If Ron really wanted to walk away, he would’ve done it already.

I know some think he’ll eventually slide over to the front office. No. He’s a coach. If he loses this job and still wants to coach; he’ll take a DC job. Or he will just retire to the golf course.

We honestly can’t say what happens post Ron.  If there’s an opening in 24; I’m sure EB will be given an opportunity to interview for the job.