Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

13 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No.  Ron wants be to coach. He hired EB to save his sorry ass. He knows he has to make playoffs at minimum this year or his new boss moves on.

If Ron really wanted to walk away, he would’ve done it already.

I know some think he’ll eventually slide over to the front office. No. He’s a coach. If he loses this job and still wants to coach; he’ll take a DC job. Or he will just retire to the golf course.

We honestly can’t say what happens post Ron.  If there’s an opening in 24; I’m sure EB will be given an opportunity to interview for the job.

Look, we've already talked about this.

He is already in a split role between coach and front office. I know that is something you don't want to be the case, but he literally is doing both. Right now. 

Also, "sorry ass" is a bit excessive. The guy, despite his lack of overall success, is one of the very few things that has kept this organization from switching places with the DC Defenders. Don't get the need to go there for a guy who is, by all accounts, a well respected man. Even if he isn't a great football coach.

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 2

19 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I would wager the league are very thankful he’s still at the Organisation during this transition period. He’s clearly fronting up to way more than his HC accountabilities.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No.  Ron wants be to coach. He hired EB to save his sorry ass. He knows he has to make playoffs at minimum this year or his new boss moves on.

I know some think he’ll eventually slide over to the front office. No. He’s a coach. If he loses this job and still wants to coach; he’ll take a DC job. Or he will just retire to the golf course.

We honestly can’t say what happens post Ron.  If there’s an opening in 24; I’m sure EB will be given an opportunity to interview for the job.

What I find particularly amusing about posts like this: We've been inundated with detailed accounts about what a ****-show every aspect of this organization is--facilities, training, everything. At least twice a day, the front office is releasing a statement countering another issue with this owner--detailing an environment that is demonstrably impossible to succeed in.

Yet people STILL point the finger at Ron. Is it willful ignorance or just a blind hatred because he--like literally everyone else here--has not won enough. But, despite a proven shoe-string budget, and constant distractions, he has played meaningful games in December every year, and has not lost more than 9 games. No other coach under Snyder can say that--not even Gibbs.

What, exactly, do people want from him? He is far, far, FAR from a problem here.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I would wager the league are very thankful he’s still at the Organisation during this transition period. He’s clearly fronting up to way more than his HC accountabilities.

He's never getting another NFL HC gig after this. So, I get it from his POV.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

and has not lost more than 9 games

That is an interesting way to phrase it. Instead of how many games he's won in a season. He's not lost 9. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

What I find particularly amusing about posts like this: We've been inundated with detailed accounts about what a ****-show every aspect of this organization is--facilities, training, everything. At least twice a day, the front office is releasing a statement countering another issue with this owner--detailing an environment that is demonstrably impossible to succeed in.

Yet people STILL point the finger at Ron. Is it willful ignorance or just a blind hatred because he--like literally everyone else here--has not won enough. But, despite a proven shoe-string budget, and constant distractions, he has played meaningful games in December every year, and has not lost more than 9 games. No other coach under Snyder can say that--not even Gibbs.

What, exactly, do people want from him? He is far, far, FAR from a problem here.

It's that kind of thought process that makes me understand that some people really don't think Snyder is the issue. 

They will say they know it. And they will post about how much they want him gone.

But then they blame Rivera, Mayhew, Hurney, Stokes, Wright (okay, he deserves some/alot of it)...

So while they may blame Snyder, they don't realize that the rot starts with him and ends with him. So they don't really understand. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

He's never getting another NFL HC gig after this. So, I get it from his POV.

That is an interesting way to phrase it. Instead of how many games he's won in a season. He's not lost 9. 

Well, he's had a shoestring budget--a fraction anyone else has had--and a litany of distractions, and facilities that probably haven't been updated in 20 years...yet still managed to be competitive. He's avoided the disaster 5-win season every other coach has not.

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It's that kind of thought process that makes me understand that some people really don't think Snyder is the issue. 

They will say they know it. And they will post about how much they want him gone.

But then they blame Rivera, Mayhew, Hurney, Stokes, Wright (okay, he deserves some/alot of it)...

So while they may blame Snyder, they don't realize that the rot starts with him and ends with him. So they don't really understand. 

I've said it before and will continue to remind people: Complaining about Ron is like giving a man with lung cancer a bottle of Robitussin because he coughed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s been this way for years, every head coach is the absolute worst. At what point do they acknowledge that every one of them ends up their worst self here?  It’s not a coincidence.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 7

41 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Well, he's had a shoestring budget--a fraction anyone else has had--and a litany of distractions, and facilities that probably haven't been updated in 20 years...yet still managed to be competitive. He's avoided the disaster 5-win season every other coach has not.

his record in Carolina wasn't much better with the exception of 1 really good year.

I think it's possible to say "Ownership is terrible and nobody could succeed in this situation" AND "This front office/coaching staff is just ok on it's best day"

Both can be true. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

his record in Carolina wasn't much better with the exception of 1 really good year.

I think it's possible to say "Ownership is terrible and nobody could succeed in this situation" AND "This front office/coaching staff is just ok on it's best day"

Both can be true. 

Again.

Ron is a cough.

Snyder is lung cancer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WilberMarshall said:

First person I will fire in that organization is the disaster of a hire called, Jason Wright. 

He has been an unmitigated disaster. 

The ultimate middle finger would be if the new owner replaces him with LaFemina.

• Haha 3

I’m not convinced Ron is a great coach from a winning perspective

buy players love him. And by every account he’s a stand up dude. 

He’s more CEO and that’s probably a great role for him. I could see him transition to team president. 

im more concerned about the EB hiring. We couldn’t get anyone of notable talent due to the sale of the team. He couldn’t get a job elsewhere. And people are acting like both sides having no options but each other somehow speaks to how great of a hire it is. 

but it’s likely a new owner wipes it all out anyways so, just a short term problem. 

47 minutes ago, tshile said:

im more concerned about the EB hiring. We couldn’t get anyone of notable talent due to the sale of the team. He couldn’t get a job elsewhere. And people are acting like both sides having no options but each other somehow speaks to how great of a hire it is. 

but it’s likely a new owner wipes it all out anyways so, just a short term problem. 

If you think it's likely that a new owner fires everyone anyway, why are you worried about the fact that notable talent didn't sign on for the express purpose of getting wiped out?

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 11:41 AM, KDawg said:

I would actually like to see RR reupped for a couple of years and after new ownership gets put in place to let them focus on all the non football crap, real-estate, practice facilities, fan and player experiences, etc.  Unleash the product on the field so to speak and see what they can do with a healthy budget and minus the flipping distractions.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

If you think it's likely that a new owner fires everyone anyway, why are you worried about the fact that notable talent didn't sign on for the express purpose of getting wiped out?

Well. One feeling is about something that might happen and the other is about something that did happen. 

I also acknowledge it’s possible that Washington got something right every other team got wrong. But. Seems super unlikely. There’s a clear trend of us being the dopes that don’t see what everyone else knows. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Well. One feeling is about something that might happen and the other is about something that did happen. 

I also acknowledge it’s possible that Washington got something right every other team got wrong. But. Seems super unlikely. There’s a clear trend of us being the dopes that don’t see what everyone else knows. 

But why would a talented coach come to spend a single season on the team when their talents garner them offers from teams that aren't on the verge of firing every employee at the end of the season?

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

But why would a talented coach come to spend a single season on the team when their talents garner them offers from teams that aren't on the verge of firing every employee at the end of the season?

Um. That’s my point. 

EB was lauded in media as this great OC candidate. He only got one interview as far as I know this off-season. And it was with a team that’s being sold and it is commonly believed the new owner will likely clean house. 

People think it’s a great hiring. From my view - the team that doesn’t have good options hired a guy who isn’t getting offers from anyone else. Baltimore didn’t even interview him. Doesn’t seem like a great hiring to me…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

Um. That’s my point. 

EB was lauded in media as this great OC candidate. He only got one interview as far as I know this off-season. And it was with a team that’s being sold and it is commonly believed the new owner will likely clean house. 

People think it’s a great hiring. From my view - the team that doesn’t have good options hired a guy who isn’t getting offers from anyone else. Baltimore didn’t even interview him. Doesn’t seem like a great hiring to me…

It's a good hiring for 2 reasons.

1. He is simply the best option available to the team. Compared to Zampese or other OCs that are out of jobs, his two Super Bowl rings put him head and shoulders above the others.

2. Part of the reason he got so few interviews is because of his skeletons in the closet tied together with him being in the shadow of Andy Reid. Could the skeletons come back to bite and could he be riding Andy Reid's coattails? Sure. But this is probably a kick-the-can-down-the-road year anyway. If he turns out to be good, awesome. If not, he gets fired quietly with the rest of the rest of the new owner's spring cleaning.

It's low risk, high reward. For a team that has so much going against it, it's about as good a signing as can be done.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, tshile said:

Did we hire EB as HC and I missed it? No other team even got the chance to hire him as an OC in the last five years, other than a couple teams who didn’t want to wait till after the Super Bowl this year once it became clear EB was going to try this “lateral move but with play calling” gambit to pad his resume.

I think you’re just struggling to accept that Rivera’s relationship with the Chiefs coaches got us a unique opportunity with EB that wasn’t really on the table for most other organizations. Allbright knew EB was coming here months before it happened because Rivera had already seemingly worked it out. It was certainly not a normal situation but it’s not like EB was on the market for OC jobs the last few years and whiffed. I’m sure plenty of teams would have taken that leap with him. It’s the HC thing that didn’t pan out for him. 

He wasn’t really on the open market for an OC job. He held out for HC jobs and had a backup plan with Rivera lined up for months in case that fell through. Seems pretty obvious to me. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1