Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

If it was as simple as 'I only want my guys' then there would be nothing stopping EB from doing it sooner as that doesn't require knowing a person, talking with them or even meeting them. You just flex your muscle as soon as you can and make a show of it. That's not what happened. Its probably more nuanced. 

• Like 3

We'll see.   Frankly, I hope I'm wrong, and there is a really qualified O-line coach waiting in the wings. 

I'm also reacting to all the reports stating that Matsko was fired, not that he decided to voluntarily quit or retire.

1 minute ago, Wyvern said:

We'll see.   Frankly, I hope I'm wrong, and there is a really qualified O-line coach waiting in the wings. 

I'm also reacting to all the reports stating that Matsko was fired, not that he decided to voluntarily quit or retire.

Other than Castillo, the Asst. OL coach with the Chiefs. 

34 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Sorry, but I don't think much of Bieniemy's decision. 

He may have the power to do so, but, Bieniemy's  late-minute call means Washington's going to have to scramble now to find a replacement O-linemen coach of a similar caliber. 

Now, Conn gave one possible reason why Matson got fired.  However, I can't shake the thought that  Bieniemy just wanted to flex his muscles and make sure only "his" guys will have key roles in the 2023 offense.  Bieniemy strikes me as a my way or the highway personality.  I giess Washington fans will have to hope he's got the right formula to rebuild, especially as it seems he's planning to blow up a few things.

Too bad, I really liked Matsko -- he really was doing the most possible with the limited hand he'd been dealt for the O-line.

There’s no evidence for this, given he could have made this decision like a month ago if he felt like it. So I think it’s fair to speculate that he was willing to give Matsko a shot and it became obvious it wasn’t meshing. There’s no reason to wait this long if it’s a “flex” and it’s a strange conclusion to jump to with no rumors or reports to work off of. This immediate lack of benefit of the doubt is odd, sorry. Talk about painting a guy with a certain brush immediately for no reason. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

<snip>

Now, Conn gave one possible reason why Matson got fired.  However, I can't shake the thought that  Bieniemy just wanted to flex his muscles and make sure only "his" guys will have key roles in the 2023 offense.  Bieniemy strikes me as a my way or the highway personality.  I giess Washington fans will have to hope he's got the right formula to rebuild, especially as it seems he's planning to blow up a few things.

Too bad, I really liked Matsko -- he really was doing the most possible with the limited hand he'd been dealt for the O-line.

One does not flex muscle by shooting himself in the foot.

And to whom would he be flexing a month in? And what's blowing up? And no highways in DC move quickly, anyway.

29 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Yes, he could have been fired. But that doesn’t mean he was or wasn’t in agreement. 

We don’t know anything that’s transpired. I think when something like this happens it’s always safest to default to it being something that wasn’t some conspiracy.

Once we find out it’s a conspiracy we blame Snyder. 

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yes, he could have been fired. But that doesn’t mean he was or wasn’t in agreement. 

We don’t know anything that’s transpired. I think when something like this happens it’s always safest to default to it being something that wasn’t some conspiracy.

Once we find out it’s a conspiracy we blame Snyder. 

We do know a lot of facts. He was contemplating retirement at the end of the season but he decided to come back. He was the lead interviewer of all the o-line draft prospects at the combine 10 days ago. We also used more than half of our allotted interviews with o-linemen. So it was a significant role Matsko had for the Commanders 10 days ago. He wouldn’t have had that role if there was a contemplation of a mutual parting of ways or even if EB wanted to fire him.  

Between then and now we signed 2 linemen. maybe Matsko was pissed off about it or he got into it with EB. But the timing is completely off. This does not seem like it was planned at all. If it was, it is very disrespectful of Ron to do it to Matsko this late in the hiring cycle particularly given they have worked together for more than a decade. 

• Like 2

The weak link on the coaching staff is gone now. Very good run blocking teams, Very bad pass blocking teams. Just blitz his lines they are never prepaired. Another example the 2 Giants games, at the goal lines key plays to losing and tying the games nobody blocks the ends or even touches them. sack and sack fumble QB blind sided. Turner loses his job as Ron pointed as key reasons, QB gets blame for fumble, Line coach gets a pass. QB's never have time, always never in crunch time can't handle the blitz. Qb's get killed behind his lines and would continue if he was not replaced.  Its why you cannot have a QB like Wentz,Fritz or any other statue back there, its why TH fits and why a couple other Qb's you guys want will not work. Its why I have brought this up over and over.  Its why I make comets at QB's getting busted up or come here to end there careers.  Glad he is gone.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Yea I looked him up and I must have him confused with someone else cause there is nothing I saw that should make me feel like this is a huge mistake. I don't know who I thought he was. He is not who I thought he were. OK im going home 

Give yourself more credit. The “oh no” feeling is correct and it’s because this guy was the worst defensive coordinator ever for the Eagles. Andy Reid made him the defensive coordinator from his position as o-line coach. They ran the wide 9 technique and they sucked doing it. Eagles fans hated him quite a bit. We obviously loved him. But he was a huge fail for the Eagles.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We do know a lot of facts. He was contemplating retirement at the end of the season but he decided to come back. He was the lead interviewer of all the o-line draft prospects at the combine 10 days ago. We also used more than half of our allotted interviews with o-linemen. So it was a significant role Matsko had for the Commanders 10 days ago. He wouldn’t have had that role if there was a contemplation of a mutual parting of ways or even if EB wanted to fire him.  

Between then and now we signed 2 linemen. maybe Matsko was pissed off about it or he got into it with EB. But the timing is completely off. This does not seem like it was planned at all. If it was, it is very disrespectful of Ron to do it to Matsko this late in the hiring cycle particularly given they have worked together for more than a decade. 

When you say “maybe Matsko” that means we don’t know.

Just now, KDawg said:

When you say “maybe Matsko” that means we don’t know.

We don’t know exactly what happened to cause the firing yet but we do know he was squarely in the plans 10  days ago. The reports we have are that he was fired. Period. 

The only speculation is on your part claiming it was mutual. 

17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Give yourself more credit. The “oh no” feeling is correct and it’s because this guy was the worst defensive coordinator ever for the Eagles. Andy Reid made him the defensive coordinator from his position as o-line coach. They ran the wide 9 technique and they sucked doing it. Eagles fans hated him quite a bit. We obviously loved him. But he was a huge fail for the Eagles.

Ahhhh ok thank you! I thought my for sure I had confused this dude for someone else. This is exactly what I was feeling but not remembering. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

ESPN says they parted ways.?

No ****

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We don’t know exactly what happened to cause the firing yet but we do know he was squarely in the plans 10  days ago. The reports we have are that he was fired. Period. 

Am I living in the twilight zone? No **** he was let go. 

I’m not speculating anything. 

I said it could be mutual. I also named 3 other things it could be. 

9 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

But the same story states that was prior to the combine and the timing is curious because he was the lead interviewer of the 19 offensive lineman that Washington interviewed at the combine. 

The article also states EB put the final touches to the staff over a week ago.

Edited by SoCalSkins

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

No ****

Am I living in the twilight zone? No **** he was let go. 

I’m not speculating anything. 

I said it could be mutual. I also named 3 other things it could be. 

It really dosen't matter he needed to go. Tired of seeing our QB's get destroyed. 

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Nice catch, HigSkin.  EB is a hard core coach and I like that.  We know from video and posts that he holds players accountable.  We are fortunate to have him and I HOPE he's our next HC!  

7 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

It really dosen't matter he needed to go. Tired of seeing our QB's get destroyed. 

That's interesting to note that at the end of the 2021 season, Matko was the best ****ing OL coach the world ever witnessed.

Then at the end of the 22 season he was some crap coach that got our QB destroyed on any given sunday.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

FYI Keim (per SIP) said it was a philosophical differences that were discovered as they worked together more.

Huh. Strange.