Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

8 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

He's basically saying what some of us here have been saying about Doofus Dan for most of the past 20+ years, but it's still funny. This team has been funny for a very very long time. :chair:

Yea, nothing new but the way he says it is hilarious. Kind of a misrery loves company type thing. 

On 2/12/2023 at 8:13 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Another example of aggressive outside the box stuff from the Eagles, they are constantly churning something

Interesting.

Especially considering how bad Philly looked at D.

Gannon... so overrated.

Soft coverage all game, no adjustments. Mahomes one easy throw after the next. 

15 hours ago, Hooper said:

Interesting.

Gannon... so overrated.

They got gashed in the run game too. 158 yrds, a whopping 6.1 YPC.

On 2/12/2023 at 11:13 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Another example of aggressive outside the box stuff from the Eagles, they are constantly churning something

According to WIP radio they brought in Fangio to work with the OFFENSE to understand Kansas City defense better.  If you hire Fangio he should have helped Gannon instead. Gannon was out coached by Andy Reid in the second half.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hooper said:

Interesting.

Gannon... so overrated.

One game against arguably the best offensive minds in the NFL and the best QB-TE.

I haven't delved deep into whether Gannon is a good coach or not but if I thought he was good, Mahomes having a big 2nd half against the defense wouldn't deter me from the hire.

I'd love to goof on the Eagles and their coaching but alas I think we got a serious opponent in that division for years to come.

Yep, and look at the other side of the coin and examples of high powered offenses that were stuffed in the Super Bowl.

The 83 Skins. The 07 Pats. The 13 Broncos.

Does that mean those O coordinators were overrated?

Nope. Sometimes **** just happens and you have a bad day.

• Thumb up 1

On 2/14/2023 at 8:55 AM, veteranskinsfan said:

According to WIP radio they brought in Fangio to work with the OFFENSE to understand Kansas City defense better.  If you hire Fangio he should have helped Gannon instead. Gannon was out coached by Andy Reid in the second half.

It's not like Fangio has a history of shutting down Mahomes, though. 

44 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It's not like Fangio has a history of shutting down Mahomes, though. 

Why is that relevant? 

According to the article;

More specifically, he assisted the offensive staff in their self-scouting process and supplied knowledge of the Chiefs' defense that he faced twice a year while he was the head coach of the Broncos from 2019 to 2021.

2 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Why is that relevant? 

According to the article;

More specifically, he assisted the offensive staff in their self-scouting process and supplied knowledge of the Chiefs' defense that he faced twice a year while he was the head coach of the Broncos from 2019 to 2021.

Why is it relevant to bring up that Fangio had no success stopping Mahomes when someone says he should have bene used to help stop Mahomes?

dont-have-a-good-answer-no-answer.gif

20 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Why is it relevant to bring up that Fangio had no success stopping Mahomes when someone says he should have bene used to help stop Mahomes?

dont-have-a-good-answer-no-answer.gif

He was asked by Philly to help them to have success against the Chiefs defense. Because he’s a defensive coach and could give insight into what they run.

So again, I ask…. how is Fangio’s defensive struggles against Mahomes relevant? They never asked him to help them stop Mahomes.

Edited by Die Hard
Autocorrect bull

5 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

He was asked by Philly to help them to have success against the Chiefs defense. Because he’s a defensive coach and could give insight into how they run.

So again, I ask…. how is Fangio’s defensible be struggles against Mahones relevant? They never asked him to help them stop Mahones.

Read what I responded to. It's not actually my job to recap a conversation for you because you didn't bother to read what you were responding to. 

Was listening to Scott Jackson this morning and he referenced some stories going on at Commanders Park, someday they will be told.  Sounds like they are current.  And he said it where it gave a vibe that these are Dan dysunction stories.

I mentioned this in the other thread about Finlay and Keim talking about wild stories they've heard of late -- implied in reference to Dan.  Another reporter (forgetting which one) referenced something like this, too.

This gives me the vibe that the narrative that this time Dan is hands off isn't true.  If so this is what round 50 of this?

If I were a reporter once Dan sells, I'd write a tell all book.  I get why they don't blow up their sources on these stories -- its bad protocol and it hurts your ability to get future stories.  But once Dan is gone that doesn't matter anymore.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was listening to Scott Jackson this morning and he referenced some stories going on at Commanders Park, someday they will be told.  Sounds like they are current.  And he said it where it gave a vibe that these are Dan dysunction stories.

I mentioned this in the other thread about Finlay and Keim talking about wild stories they've heard of late -- implied in reference to Dan.  Another reporter (forgetting which one) referenced something like this, too.

This gives me the vibe that the narrative that this time Dan is hands off isn't true.  If so this is what round 50 of this?

If I were a reporter once Dan sells, I'd write a tell all book.  I get why they don't blow up their sources on these stories -- its bad protocol and it hurts your ability to get future stories.  But once Dan is gone that doesn't matter anymore.

Is this similar to the Logan Paulsen vibes like 4-6 weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Is this similar to the Logan Paulsen vibes like 4-6 weeks ago.

Not really.   That came off like tumult with changes might be coming from a new owner or something like that.  But it was really vague,

This is vague too but feels Dan centric in some way.  It's something that's been said offhand and on for weeks from different beat guys and their reaction isn't anything morose, comes off to me more like its wild stuff and as I said in the other thread they also say they aren't sure what to believe and what not to believe.  

But regardless, to me its just reminder number 10,000 about why we need that douche to go.  the drama city component of this organization will always be present with him at the helm.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

It is not merely that the Redskins-turned-Commanders have lost a lot since Snyder owned the team, although that is no doubt a major factor in fan dissatisfaction. Since Snyder bought the team in 1999, the Commanders have had a record of 164 wins, 222 losses, and two ties — that averages 6.8 wins per year in a league with 16-game season from 1999 to 2020, and a 17-game season the past two years. The team has made the playoffs six times in 23 years, and have just two playoff wins in that span; the last playoff win was in 2005.

Snyder developed a reputation as a young super-billionaire who overspent for free agents, dictated draft choices, and meddled in coaching and personnel decisions, with those moves often backfiring. The team has had ten head coaches in 23 years, and quite a few stepped into the job with previous records of building winners, most notably Joe Gibbs (the second time he stepped into the role of head coach), Mike Shanahan, and current coach Ron Rivera (who had led the Carolina Panthers to a Super Bowl). There is a persistent pattern of successful coaches coming to Washington and failing to achieve similar results while working for Snyder, an indication that Snyder is simply incapable of allowing others to do their jobs the way they’re used to doing them.

There are other factors in the team’s woes, some beyond Snyder’s control, some not. He effectively inherited FedEx field in Prince George’s County, Md., which was state of the art when it was built but is now considered one of the bottom-tier venues in the league. The site is only nominally accessible by Metro — the nearest station is a mile away. For a long stretch, the stadium’s turf was notoriously bad and wore out by midseason; an opposing kicker once lamented, “It’s dirt and they spray paint it green.”

The old Redskins used to boast that 200,000 fans were on the wait list to order season tickets. In 2018, the team announced there is no waiting list anymore. Now, opposing fans “take over” the stadium on a regular basis, because so many Commanders fans are willing to resell their tickets rather than trudge out to the stadium to watch another loss.

The team’s days as the Redskins ended shortly before the Post published a series of articles, laying out an ugly portrait of ubiquitous and tolerated sexual harassment within the Redskins organization. More than a few observers contended the announcement of the intention to change the team’s name was an effort to distract from the embarrassing revelations in the Post series.

On top of all this, former employees describe Snyder as a man who gleefully breaks his word, thinking he’s outfoxed someone:

Snyder is long on bluster and short on everything else, including competence, and his duplicity has made him chronically distrusted. What should worry Snyder now is how his fellow owners are grinning back at him.

The vulgar phrase describes a petty schemer who says whatever people want to hear, smiles and shakes hands in agreement and then does the opposite, gaslighting and screwing over whomever they grin at. This is how Snyder always has handled his franchise, and he so boasted about it that he often misunderstood who was using whom.

With Snyder’s time as owner being such a cavalcade of disappointment, embarrassment, and scandals, it is fair to wonder how he’s stayed in power. Just last year, ESPN reported that Snyder boasted he’s accumulated blackmail material against other team owners:

Dan Snyder does this thing when he feels cornered, say those who know him well. He paces in a hotel suite, or on his superyacht, or at River View, his $48 million Virginia estate. Cradling a drink in one hand, he tells members of his inner circle about the dirt he has accumulated on fellow owners, coaches, executives, even his own employees — all the stuff he’s learned from other sources, including private investigative firms. He never says exactly what he knows, only that in his 23 years as owner of the Washington Commanders, he knows a lot. And that in the zero-sum world of billionaires, this is how you survive. Snyder recently told a close associate that he has gathered enough secrets to “blow up” several NFL owners, the league office and even commissioner Roger Goodell. . . .

Senior team executives and confidants have heard him say it since he was considered merely one of the worst owners in sports. Now that he’s facing investigations on multiple fronts and running out of high-powered allies, he alludes more than ever to the dirty work. Snyder, now 57 years old, has told associates he will not lose his beloved franchise without a fight that would end with multiple casualties.

Add it all up, and you have a loathed owner who is widely believed to be the root of the team’s woes, and who is reportedly a horrible human being in many ways. Almost every sports fan in Washington wants to see Snyder sell the team, believing that just about any other owner would be better.

,,,Why should non-Commanders or non-NFL fans care about whether the team gets sold, and if so, who buys it? Well, billionaires are already often influential and at least semi-famous, but if you want to be a really influential and popular figure in the nation’s capital, buying one of the local sports teams is an effective way to pursue that goal....Whoever ends up owning the Commanders will instantly have a lot of powerful friends in town, angling for an invitation to the owner’s box on Sundays.

Dan Snyder’s unsavory traits and growing unpopularity mitigated the power of his position as team owner, the social clout that Cooke commanded so effectively. And while the Commanders missed the playoffs again last year, their 8-8-1 record hinted they may be headed in the right direction, with five players making the Pro Bowl. In a year or two, the Commanders could be winning and popular again, and a new owner is likely to kick-start the process of building a new stadium in a better location.

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/will-d-c-s-least-popular-team-owner-get-bought-out-by-bezos/

• Thanks 2