Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

How is it not weird that the OC of the team that’s made it to 5 consecutive conference championships could interview for a lateral move?

Pretty sure his contract is up.

I'd only imagine he would take an outside OC job if

A.) Nobody offers him a HC spot.

and

B.) Chiefs don't re-up.

If the Chiefs let him walk to a lateral move, then its time to raise an eyebrow, but right now you just have teams w/ vacant OC spots seeing an oppo to vulture and it does not go much farther than that at this point. Every OC job has to be like option D, E, F, n G right now to the guy.

28 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

So no longer attached to any Payton  move

So, if I am reading between the lines correctly (and I'm pretty sure I am) what your saying is either...

A.) Fangio saw the writing on the wall and realized his services were not needed so he hopped on an available opening

or

B.) Sean Payton suddenly just became much more welcoming to joining a team with an established D's system and coaches.

Which is it @Jumbo?!

Edited by FootballZombie

It was disgusting to see the Eagles not have to do much more than suit up for the game.  

I've never seen a championship game basically handed to a team on a silver platter.  They didn't have to play against a QB today.  They've had it easy all damn year.  

I can't wait for that team to have to face a real QB in two weeks.  I hope they are castrated on national tv by whomever represents the AFC.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Remember when Ron told everyone that trent needed to prove himself?

this entire game just made me so angry with that bum Ron leading us

hire a GM for the love of god

Don't get me started:

When I first heard that my immediate thought was "Ron, we're talking about Trent Williams. He's much more accomplished as a player than you are as a coach".  

• Like 5

Everything about Bieniemy is weird. The Chiefs sound lukewarm about keeping him. Andy Reid has been out their campaigning that someone really, really needs to hire Bieniemy. I get head coaches pumping up their coordinators, but it came off like Reid was hoping Bieniemy would leave with a job offer before KC could let him walk. Spags has been doing as good a job as their DC, and there hasn't been anyone pumping him up or taking interviews to ask for someone to please, please give him as second chance. I'd expect a team to be perfectly happy to keep every coordinator when they're successful.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Don't get me started:

When I first heard that my immediate thought was "Ron, we're talking about Trent Williams. He's much more accomplished as a player than you are as a coach".  

Given Bruce’s testimony of Dan’a animus to Trent, I think Dan put a restriction on Ron when it came to Trent

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Everything about Bieniemy is weird. The Chiefs sound lukewarm about keeping him. Andy Reid has been out their campaigning that someone really, really needs to hire Bieniemy. I get head coaches pumping up their coordinators, but it came off like Reid was hoping Bieniemy would leave with a job offer before KC could let him walk. Spags has been doing as good a job as their DC, and there hasn't been anyone pumping him up or taking interviews to ask for someone to please, please sign him. I'd expect a team to be perfectly happy to keep every coordinator when they're successful.

Spags is 63 and has a 11-41 record as a HC. He is never getting another opportunity 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Spags is 63 and has a 11-41 record as a HC. He is never getting another opportunity 

Probably not, but it still strikes me as odd that Reid was making an effort to advertise for one coordinator to get plucked from the team while seeming perfectly happy to keep the others.

11 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Probably not, but it still strikes me as odd that Reid was making an effort to advertise for one coordinator to get plucked from the team while seeming perfectly happy to keep the others.

I hear you. Devil’s advocate is he could just let Bienemy go or move him to another role if he doesn’t think he’s up to snuff

(For the record, I don’t want Bienemy)

12 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Remember when Ron told everyone that trent needed to prove himself?

That well was poisoned by Snyder and Allen, everyone without an agenda knows this and has accepted this.

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Imagine only getting a 5th and future 3rd for a GOAT-tier LT LMAO. 

Again. We had no leverage. This was ruined because Snyder and Allen.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Another rebuild in the future:  no QB, no long term OL on the roster, the DL to undergo a near-term turnover of the highest talent players etc.  Best we can hope for is a new owner finds best up-and-coming GM talent.  He will need to trade away some players we don't want to lose.  Do whatever needs to be done to break the legacy of Snyder.  GM makes the decisions on coaches and players.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I can't help but respect the Eagles organization. They've made the playoffs 14 of the last 23 years. I can't wait to be rid of Snyder.

I both respect and loathe them.

I respect how they got there, now I want to see them fail.  Badly.  There is some truth to the fact that they’ve been rather fortunate on their way to the SB.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I respect how they got there, now I want to see them fail.  Badly.  There is some truth to the fact that they’ve been rather fortunate on their way to the SB.

I want to see them fail in a firey ball of Hell. But, they just are consistently competitive. It's a begrudging respect. I really hate Philadelphia, in general.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, method man said:

Given Bruce’s testimony of Dan’a animus to Trent, I think Dan put a restriction on Ron when it came to Trent

Agreed.  It sounded like Bruce took the bullets on Trent for Dan.  The one common denominator in both the Kirk and Trent debacles is that the players spoke highly of Dan and not so much of Bruce.  Basically Dan glad handed these guys to their face and sent Bruce out to do his dirty work.

• Like 3

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Agreed.  It sounded like Bruce took the bullets on Trent for Dan.  The one common denominator in both the Kirk and Trent debacles is that the players spoke highly of Dan and not so much of Bruce.  Basically Dan glad handed these guys to their face and sent Bruce out to do his dirty work.

I have a startling realization...

...ready?

They're both soulless douchebags who need to be beaten with a really big stick.

• Like 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I have a startling realization...

...ready?

They're both soulless douchebags who need to be beaten with a really big stick.

Right.  Bruce gladly took his money and played the role Dan asked of him, while doing everything he could to wield as much power as he could.  I don’t feel sorry for the dude at all.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You can easily make the same argument about the 91 Skins. Didn't have to deal with Parcells and both Randall Cunningham and Joe Montana basically missed the season. Yes, destroyed a loaded Bills squad in the SB, but on the way there, beat the Falcons and Lions, neither of which did anything of note before or after that season.

I'm inclined to pull a bit for the Chiefs in this game, although I wouldn't be upset if the Eagles prevail, which is what I think happens. Because of family obligations, I didn't get to see much of the earlier playoff rounds, and really looked forward to yesterday. The way things played out, with the 49ers reduced to not having a functional QB and the flag giving KC the FG shot at the end, kinda sucked