Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

11 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Trent Williams, Deandre Carter, and Brandon Scherff all on teams most likely headed to the playoffs.  Thanks GM Ron Rivera

Well a couple of weeks ago, it was Erick Flowers was the big loss. Then people realized he was almost 400 lbs and out of football. Then Settle and Ioannidis. Then people realized they were mediocre rotational players. Now, Scherff (currently a 58.4 PFF grade) and Deandre Carter (61.6...and who would he play over? Dotson? Samuel?) would lead us to the playoffs?

Can people please do a smidgeon of research and before pounding the keyboard about Reverse Ashburn Syndrome cases?

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 2

The most likely time to announce the sale will be right after the conference championships. That’s the most bang for the buck media wise and makes the Snyder questions Roger will get at the podium Super Bowl week somewhat moot and irrelevant. The owners would then vote to formally approve the sale in the March meetings. 

If it’s Bezos with Jay Z as part of the group it will definitely have an impact of free agency in terms of the buzz and where players want to land even though they won’t have any formal say at the start of the league year. 

We were 1 win away from the playoffs and got rid of Snyder. If you had polled this board before the season the majority would take 0 wins and ousting Snyder instead of a Super Bowl win and keeping Dan. We are all getting our wish soon. I think the doom and gloom will change to popping the champagne first week of February.

• Like 1

Why would they announce a sale over a month before voting to formally approve it? That won’t happen. It will be announced when it’s official, they won’t play games with it. 

We can surely look forward to plenty of leaks that are basically “official” as we get closer, though. We’ll know who the finalists are and their likelihood of being voted through by the league a while before it happens, I bet. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Well a couple of weeks ago, it was Erick Flowers was the big loss. Then people realized he was almost 400 lbs and out of football. Then Settle and Ioannidis. Then people realized they were mediocre rotational players. Now, Scherff (currently a 58.4 PFF grade) and Deandre Carter (61.6...and who would he play over? Dotson? Samuel?) would lead us to the playoffs?

Can people please do a smidgeon of research and before pounding the keyboard about Reverse Ashburn Syndrome cases?

Investing in former Panthers like Norwell and Trai Turner didn't help the cause for the OL.  These guys were far inferior than the guys they lost or traded.

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Thumb up 1

As much as yesterday's game makes me want to flip the table and kick out the entire FO and coaching staff, I don't actually think we should. The O-Line and QB have obviously been huge misses. But I believe the rest of the roster is truly built well. The runningbacks and receivers are excellent. The defense has been lights-out for half the season and was bound to stumble. Most defenses will, and a good team has an offense that can pick up the slack when that happens. Our offense can't, and that's down to the QB and the O-Line.

If we nuke the staff and FO, I think we also lose a large part of the quality team that has been built already. I'd hate to see it go to waste just for the sake of whiffing on QBs. Teams like the Browns, Jaguars, and Dolphins have been rotating doors of garbage staffs, and by extension, garbage rosters because they couldn't find a QB to thrive in their constantly churning mud puddles.

Rivera has some embarrassing quotes, like having no idea the team would be eliminated yesterday. But I don't think we can deny he built a strong roster that is missing the most elusive crowning piece in the entire NFL.

Edited by NickyJ

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just talking about this very thing earlier this morning.  It's a staggering statistic.  I mean...this league is freaking designed to get bad teams turned around rather quickly.  And we still can't do it.  You would think that somewhere in the past 31 years we would have at least stumbled into an 11 win season.  Hell, I remember growing up, if we had a 10 win season, my mother and I would look at each other and wonder what the heck happened.  It used to be all but a given.  

Just keep chanting and hoping for an intelligent *New Owner...New Owner...New Owner...*

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

God I cant stand him... The sooner hes out the better. Hes a buffoon. Fail to prepare. Prepare to fail. They often fail to prepare for their first options not working out. Its why we are in the QB conundrum in the first place.  They are completely unable to formulate a tree of scenarios.

Edited by Zim489
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

God I cant stand him... The sooner hes out the better. Hes a buffoon. Fail to prepare. Prepare to fail. They often fail to prepare for their first options not working out. Its why we are in the QB conundrum in the first place.  They are completely unable to formulate a tree of scenarios.

Well Done Agree GIF by Liverpool FC

My goodness I hate this tuddy nightmare.

I want to believe Dan directed such a cosmic level fail because I hate to think such awful judgment was widespread in the FO.

I would like to see tuddy set upon by the version of Winnie the Pooh currently in the theatres.

• Haha 6
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Fail to prepare. Prepare to fail. They often fail to prepare for their first options not working out. Its why we are in the QB conundrum in the first place.  They are completely unable to formulate a tree of scenarios.

Agreed.

It's coaching malpractice not to know ALL of the potential playoff options.

For one thing knowing you can be eliminated may and should make it more likely you give a faltering qb (Wentz) an early hook rather than holding on hoping he gets into a groove.

In fact, Gibbs 1.0 would address playoff implications openly on the granular level in team meetings using overhead projector diagrams (this was the 80's) that gave a clear visual representation of all possibilities.

He wanted the players to know not only what was at stake if they won, but exactly the predicament they would be in if they lost.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

So, I don't think it was a bad decision to let Scherff go. What I do think are bad decisions are not trading him when he had a bunch of value, and then Franchise Tagging him for a ludicrous amount of money and then letting him go for nothing. That whole decision tree is just bad for a team that needed building. Pointing out that he's not playing well this year doesn't really forgive that. 

Carter would have been the team's best returner. He certainly would have helped out last year when Samuel is out. He's certainly a better WR than Milne or even Sims. Brown, too, really. But the issue is he was let go for nothing. He would have cost close to the minimum and he was allowed to walk. Didn't make sense. Never made sense. 

I could talk a lot about wrongheaded decision making from the Rivera GM regime. These are just a couple of examples, and maybe not the biggest. But they do not speak highly of the way he's building a team.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So, I don't think it was a bad decision to let Scherff go. What I do think are bad decisions are not trading him when he had a bunch of value, and then Franchise Tagging him for a ludicrous amount of money and then letting him go for nothing. That whole decision tree is just bad for a team that needed building. Pointing out that he's not playing well this year doesn't really forgive that. 

Carter would have been the team's best returner. He certainly would have helped out last year when Samuel is out. He's certainly a better WR than Milne or even Sims. Brown, too, really. But the issue is he was let go for nothing. He would have cost close to the minimum and he was allowed to walk. Didn't make sense. Never made sense. 

I could talk a lot about wrongheaded decision making from the Rivera GM regime. These are just a couple of examples, and maybe not the biggest. But they do not speak highly of the way he's building a team.

That’s why I believe it’s so important to get the structure correct with new ownership.  Rivera has competing responsibilities of winning now and building for the future.  Once they couldn’t resign him before 2020, it was time to move him. I understand he wouldn’t want to lose him and Trent in the offseason.  But he chose the path with Williams. Big mistake.  With Allen gone, they could have reworked his deal and got something for Scherff.  

On another note, who was the woman in the FO that was firing off those wild tweets earlier this season? Was that Jean Medina?  I’m going through their FO page and doing some mental firings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1