Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Good to see the old players want nothing to do with this new name and brand.  No name is and was always going to be vastly better than any new name.  And the fact they chose such a horrible one without any fan input just made it that much worse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

He made his $$ in telecoms during the dotcom boom in the stock market and sold off just before the crash to get $$ to buy the Redskins. Communications industry was riding the dotcom wave, and subsequently crashed with it.

Right, and soon after he sold Snyder Communications the FBI investigated the company and had it shut down for illegal telecom practices. If only it had happened while he was still running the company...the NFL may never have allowed him to buy this team.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Ok so I agree that the Organisation screws everything up....however...I personally find the ‘WHY’ element of the ‘original HOGS’ statement quite contradictory....it’s just about money, right? 

It's called the Sidam touch and it runs deep in him ;)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, kwitt said:

Good to see the old players want nothing to do with this new name and brand.  No name is and was always going to be vastly better than any new name.  And the fact they chose such a horrible one without any fan input just made it that much worse.

I just listened to the hogs lawyer talk about it on 106.7

He seemed to leak that the mascot will be called Tutty the Hog.

I know for some all is forgiven as to Dan if we get a cute mascot. 😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/25/2022 at 12:56 PM, HOF44 said:

How a legit organization does a tribute to a player. Not that abomination they put up for ST.

240ACF85-9F41-4A99-9C7E-29D5D2AD62D3.jpeg

whaddaya mean?

the Snyder’s marketing team is placing ST tribute “statues” up all over the place to raise awareness!  They’re doing a GREAT job!!

I spotted one of their ST21 pop-up memorials while I was out shopping 

image.thumb.png.1653faeed0353c5ef89fb0244640c1ba.png

• Haha 6

I'm all for the new owner just changing the colors.  I'm not necessarily advocating for it, but I would in no way be upset.

The Redskins and everything that came before is dead.  It'll never come back.  All of these efforts of trying to marry to past to the present just don't work.  It's turned into a freaking pot luck of ****.  

A TRUE start-over approach is just fine with me.  

• Like 3

On 12/26/2022 at 11:28 AM, NewCliche21 said:

I think you're misremembering, intentionally or otherwise. The rebounded 2005 Redskins were absolutely incredible.  The defense was sickening and the offense just absolutely clicked.  A hobbled Brunell and a lack of depth on the offensive line is what caused a faceplant in Seattle.

I'm sorry that you missed out on it.

I've already corrected my mistake several times.  I stand on the position that the Redskins were not a Brunell and Randy Thomas injury away from being a championship team, that's utterly ridiculous.  Brunelle was never any good in Washington

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2

I truly can't believe how much Snyder has turned his back on the players, teams, and coaches of the 70s, 80s, and 90s when those were the heroes he grew up watching. Even if you just look at the marketing side of things...that's easy money and a layup for making a buck. Everything is Sean Taylor, Sean Taylor, Sean Taylor. 

19 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I truly can't believe how much Snyder has turned his back on the players, teams, and coaches of the 70s, 80s, and 90s when those were the heroes he grew up watching. Even if you just look at the marketing side of things...that's easy money and a layup for making a buck. Everything is Sean Taylor, Sean Taylor, Sean Taylor. 

I don't think Snyder 'turned his back' on the old guys so much as he just pi$$ed them off with his toxic, narcissistic abuse. Remember Riggins said Snyder had a "dark heart"...all the way back in 2009!

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’m pretty sure that same thing was sold in stores back when we were the redskins and Washington football team as well. That’s not a hint at what the new mascot is. 

and for the record, I’ll get to see the mascot tonight at 5. Can’t say what it is when I do see it, but all I’ll say is whether it’s good or bad and I’ll let you all decide to trust me or not 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1