Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

21 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

You know they’re gonna keep Ron and he’s gonna send capital for Carr, Washington written through it like a stick of rock

First things first. Josh McDaniels is a fraud as is the entire Belichick Coaching Tree, including Belichick. Frauds, every single one of them.

Second, I think we keep Ron around but I think he won't be able to make any big moves this season because of the ownership issue. Therefore we will not be making any big spending moves this offseason. We're probably gonna end up with a restructured Wentz and the same QB room until a GM is hired. That's my earnest wish anyways. I realize I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

First things first. Josh McDaniels is a fraud as is the entire Belichick Coaching Tree, including Belichick. Frauds, every single one of them.

Second, I think we keep Ron around but I think he won't be able to make any big moves this season because of the ownership issue. Therefore we will not be making any big spending moves this offseason. We're probably gonna end up with a restructured Wentz and the same QB room until a GM is hired. That's my earnest wish anyways. I realize I could be wrong.

Ron’s #1 goal in the offseason is to get a qb he feels he can win with in 23, since he has to convince his new boss to keep him beyond 23.

He will be limited because Dan likely isn’t spending money since he’s selling the team. The only big deal I see in the offseason would be resigning Payne. We won’t be active much in free agency and whatever free agents we sign, will be lower tier.  

Ron will either keep Wentz at a reduced salary or sign some other free agent or trade for someone.

My wish is that the new owner moves on from Ron in 24 regardless of what happens in 23.

I know in reality that Ron gets a chance to earn a long term gig.  If Ron’s here long term, he’s just the coach only; as the new owner will probably restructure the front office.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ron’s #1 goal in the offseason is to get a qb he feels he can win with in 23, since he has to convince his new boss to keep him beyond 23.

He will be limited because Dan likely isn’t spending money since he’s selling the team. The only big deal I see in the offseason would be resigning Payne. We won’t be active much in free agency and whatever free agents we sign, will be lower tier.  

Ron will either keep Wentz at a reduced salary or sign some other free agent or trade for someone.

My wish is that the new owner moves on from Ron in 24 regardless of what happens in 23.

I know in reality that Ron gets a chance to earn a long term gig.  If Ron’s here long term, he’s just the coach only; as the new owner will probably restructure the front office.

It's a lame duck season for Rivera for sure. Like clockwork he will not have a prepared football team for the first 4-6 games, they will go on a win streak but it ultimately won't be enough for him or the coordinators to keep their jobs. 

His only chance at keeping his job is if they go to Howell or a first round QB and either one goes on a tear. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 1:27 PM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I truly can't believe how much Snyder has turned his back on the players, teams, and coaches of the 70s, 80s, and 90s when those were the heroes he grew up watching. Even if you just look at the marketing side of things...that's easy money and a layup for making a buck. Everything is Sean Taylor, Sean Taylor, Sean Taylor. 

I believe they have abused the situation with Taylor. To the point that as a huge Taylor fan, he was my favorite player and I got stuff on the walls of him, I’d prefer they never do anything again. It’s infuriating how they’ve abused it. 

that said - I recall years of us lambasting the team for going to the 70’s/80’s/early 90’s well of nostalgia in the past. 

The bottom line is the losing and ineptitude exists at such a large level that no matter what they do will be criticized as a pathetic attempt to distract from what is actually going on - the franchise being driven into the ground and its fanbase treated as ATMs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

I believe they have abused the situation with Taylor. To the point that as a huge Taylor fan, he was my favorite player and I got stuff on the walls of him, I’d prefer they never do anything again. It’s infuriating how they’ve abused it. 

I wasn't sure what thread I was in and thought you were talking about Heini until I got to the next line. :ols:

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I could see Rivera trading up and mortgaging the future to get a QB this upcoming draft. He hasn't done it in the past but now the roster feels like its good enough to win with if it can get a QB. On top of that, it buys him some time with the new ownership.

If he does that he better have a damn good plan to upgrade the offensive line. 

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Upgrading means we already have an OL,which I'm not sure at the time being.

We've got a patch of guys upfront,but not an offensive line.

Upgrading doesn’t mean we already have an OL. Upgrading means to upgrade from what we currently have. Even if the offensive line we have now is awful, getting better players is 100% an upgrade. 

57 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I could see Rivera trading up and mortgaging the future to get a QB this upcoming draft. He hasn't done it in the past but now the roster feels like its good enough to win with if it can get a QB. On top of that, it buys him some time with the new ownership.

I'm not so sure Ron will actually still have the power to do that.  We should have the new owner installed before the draft.  And if that new owner is smart, he/she will already have their FO picked out.  Should be interesting.