Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Was just coming here to discuss this. The issue is the sale. That is what would hold that up. And the locker room would have to be willing to accept McDaniels personality after Rivera's. They are very different. But yes, in a vacuum where a sale occurs in time to at least hire a new HC, McDaniel would be fantastic. Even if our QB is Howell, who we don't know what we have (but I think is going to be good), McDaniel will scheme the receivers open.

But the 6-game losing streak is concerning. 

Long term he'd need a franchise guy (obviously) who can stay healthy (obviously).

Maybe that is Howell. Maybe it isn't.

My short list right now for HC (in no order):

DeMeco Ryans (Reich type as OC)

Eric Bienemy (maximize offensive talent)

Mike McDaniel

Sean Payton (but not for first round compensation and the caveat I don't think he'd want to come here anyways)

Ken Dorsey

The losing streak sucks, but you don't let a young possible up-and-comer head coach go immediately after one slip-up when there was so much promise early on. Tua's concussions didn't help. I bet the team's ownership sees an opening to try to lure Brady and Payton to Miami.

Everything I've seen from Howell and McDaniel in terms of personality seems like they could work well together. This is also assuming Howell isn't bad.

If not McDaniel, the team needs to look for someone who's more offensive-minded than defensive. 

Edited by Professor_Nutter_Butter
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I never understood these types of comments when it came to coaches. If a team thinks they are getting the right guy, it shouldn't care about the current locker room in my opinion. Look at how much turnover there's been in 5 years. I'm not claiming Rivera has done a great job with that turnover at all...but coaches generally bring in their guys or keep the ones around who fit or buy in. 

I don't know if McDaniel is the next great thing, but if I think he is and I'm making a push to hire him I don't let Jonathan Allen or Terry McLaurin stop me. This isn't the NBA, this is a coach's league still. 

Have you ever been in a locker room? If not, you wouldn’t understand it. That’s not meant to be rude, for what it’s worth. Guys get used to a style. McDaniels isn’t just a little different. He is an entirely different species of coach. 

Just now, KDawg said:

Have you ever been in a locker room? If not, you wouldn’t understand it. That’s not meant to be rude, for what it’s worth. Guys get used to a style. McDaniels isn’t just a little different. He is an entirely different species of coach. 

Of course...I played sports at varying levels. I played basketball at a relatively high level and was a coach's son until HS. My HS team was regularly playing against nationally-ranked teams (we weren't nationally ranked 🤣). 

My point is...if you think this is THE GUY...a coach out-ranks any player or group of players, even the very good ones. And he could be around for a decade. So, even if your stars say "this might not be the right fit" you'd need to move forward and find a new star. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Of course...I played sports at varying levels. I played basketball at a relatively high level and was a coach's son until HS. My HS team was regularly playing against nationally-ranked teams (we weren't nationally ranked 🤣). 

My point is...if you think this is THE GUY...a coach out-ranks any player or group of players, even the very good ones. And he could be around for a decade. So, even if your stars say "this might not be the right fit" you'd need to move forward and find a new star. 

I agree in some ways. I also don't. The sports landscape is changing. If your team doesn't want the guy (and they very well may be fine with him, so it's a moot discussion) the process of turning things around takes longer. If it takes longer, that means you probably aren't good all that quickly... Which in today's League means you are unemployed and the process restarts.

My point: You make sure they aren't against the guy and his demeanor. Meaning they are okay enough to go with it and see what happens.

I think they would be. But I think you check in with your players regardless. 

22 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I agree in some ways. I also don't. The sports landscape is changing. If your team doesn't want the guy (and they very well may be fine with him, so it's a moot discussion) the process of turning things around takes longer. If it takes longer, that means you probably aren't good all that quickly... Which in today's League means you are unemployed and the process restarts.

My point: You make sure they aren't against the guy and his demeanor. Meaning they are okay enough to go with it and see what happens.

I think they would be. But I think you check in with your players regardless. 

I see your point, and I think that might apply if somehow the Mahomes/Kelce Chiefs, the Allen/Diggs Bills, or the Burrow/Chase Bengals were planning on making a move. If you have a young nucleus that has won together, I could see why you'd check in with them. Granted, the odds of one of those teams pursuing a new coach are pretty long - or it would be unique circumstances where maybe an incumbent coach is stepping down. 

But, when you're trying to change the trajectory of a losing culture, I'd care a whole lot less about what the best players on a perennial 7-win team think. If you think you have a shot at your genius and that might cost you the leaders who have led you to 7-10 every year, so be it. 

12 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Frank Herzog is on with Kevin Sheehan and said the stupid team didn't ask him to be at Sonny's celebration. 

Don't worry folks. JW is soooo in tune with our history and tradition. Sick of this nonsense and happy it will soon be over.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Frank Herzog is on with Kevin Sheehan and said the stupid team didn't ask him to be at Sonny's celebration. 

This organisation can't get out of its own way.  A new owner has their hands full trying to make us respectable and competent.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 1/3/2023 at 2:06 PM, Zim489 said:

Nothing really out there for QB because what a shock the teams with good QBs dont let them go. Teams that need a QB and are in a position to draft a good one will. 

Were going to continue to pick through the bargain bin or other bad teams cast offs

That Leaves this Team out because they cannot draft one either history says when says.

Edited by skinsfan66

They have been at a point, and rightfully so I must add, that anything they do will be scrutinized heavily. I don’t know about the small details, but they miss on the large ones constantly. If I didn’t know otherwise, I would believe this organization was bought and ran by The Onion.

I really hope that Snyder has his eyes set on a football (soccer) team over seas. That way, he can be laughed at on the world stage and not just here in the states.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Carr just got the ax and teammates like him, but they also understand changes have to be made. It's a job first when it comes to the Players or so they say. When contracts, wins and money are on the line they adapt to new things or they do not, and the team does what it thinks is best. You don't win as a coach or produce as a Player, changes happen no matter how well you are liked. Winning on field takes care of everything as they say and players like to win too. As a fan I want both.  McDaniels works for me, be okay to give Ron another year too. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Carr just got the ax and teammates like him, but they also understand changes have to be made. It's a job first when it comes to the Players or so they say. When contracts, wins and money are on the line they adapt to new things or they do not, and the team does what it thinks is best. You don't win as a coach or produce as a Player, changes happen no matter how well you are liked. Winning on field takes care of everything as they say and players like to win too. As a fan I want both.  McDaniels works for me, be okay to give Ron another year too. 

Has nothing to do with like.

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

image.png.2e9b74b81e0c1bd37c631ca9dea172de.png

That must be his LinkedIn photo, which I'm sure he's updating as we speak...

Qualifications:

1. Ignoring the proud history of one of the NFL's storied franchises
  2. Forgetting to invite former players to events
  3. Forgetting the spelling of names of former players
  4. Forgetting the years the team won championships
  5. Building poorly-designed memorial statues to deceased players
  6. Using porta-potties as photo backdrops
  7. Keeping silent on sexual harassment accusations against bosses, etc.
Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

I recall there being bad blood with Dan and Herzog albiet Dan was close with Sonny.  So not sure how those dynamics play through today.

To me the big mystery is does Dan show up?  It would be a good sign if he doesn't.  From what I recall among the alumni, Dan was tightest with Sonny and Joey T.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise