Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

10 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

That must be his LinkedIn photo, which I'm sure he's updating as we speak...

Qualifications:

1. Ignoring the proud history of one of the NFL's storied franchises
  2. Forgetting to invite former players to events
  3. Forgetting the spelling of names of former players
  4. Forgetting the years the team won championships
  5. Building poorly-designed memorial statues to deceased players
  6. Using porta-potties as photo backdrops
  7. Keeping silent on sexual harassment accusations against bosses, etc.

ASSKISS3423423_400x.jpg?v=1568149959

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Frank Herzog is on with Kevin Sheehan and said the stupid team didn't ask him to be at Sonny's celebration. 

Lol and then we have twittiots saying “he could’ve just bought a ticket, just a bunch of whiners……..do or do not……..go or don’t go……..if you really want to do something just do it…….stop whining” 

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Holy missing the point, Batman! Can’t fix stupid!! 

Some of the family on my side are Dolphin fans, been following McDaniel some.

He sort of has an odd-quirky weird personality -- doesn't come off a leader of men at all but more like that quirky science nerd we all knew in school.    A lot of bad jokes, I can relate, I can make my share too. 😀  And he's constantly joking. 

The rap I read and hear is they caught the league off guard early on with the offense but defensive coordinators adjusted.

Is he the guy?  I got no idea but from what i've seen and heard, I wouldn't say an unequivocal yes.  He's benefiting from the primacy effect, a lot of good press for his first half of the season.  He's not the only rookie HC who got off to a hot start and was loudly celebrated for his quirky ways, see Jim Zorn to some extent Ben McAdoo. 

McDaniel is likely better than those bust coaches but I am not banking on him 100% to be more the guy we saw earlier in the season and less of what we've seen later in the season.

If its purely about offensive pedigree, Ben Johnson intrigues me.  But I need to know more about these guys leadership qualites.  The graveyard is deep with "wiz" offensive coordinators who flamed out as head coaches.  Being the X and O's guy versus running a whole team require different skill sets IMO. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I’ve kinda changed my mind regarding the Sean Taylor memorial. I know most don’t like it. That’s fine. Nobody has to. But, the Taylor family already said they’re the ones that designed the whole thing. With that information, the only thing I fault the team for is having the wrong jersey and not having the facemask taped up. The rest of it, well, if the family designed it and they like it, I won’t complain.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Couldn't Sonny or his family ask that Frank be there?

But then, you mean to tell me there's nobody associated with this event that could tell JW that they might want to make room for Frank?

Michael Phillips now says frank just got an invite. Seriously……it should never even have to come to this!! Didn’t this same **** happen the weekend of the homecoming game, where a group of people said they still haven’t gotten an invite yet, and then the team heard they’re getting bashed for it and suddenly the people got invited? 

7 hours ago, KDawg said:

My short list right now for HC (in no order):

DeMeco Ryans (Reich type as OC)

Eric Bienemy (maximize offensive talent)

Mike McDaniel

Sean Payton (but not for first round compensation and the caveat I don't think he'd want to come here anyways)

Ken Dorsey

Bienemy might be good, but it seems the number of years that have passed without him getting close to a job makes me believe he isn't great. 

I don't think I would hire a Defensive guy right now., though I'd consider Brian Flores. Probably interview Ryans and Lou Anarumo. 

Payton is going to cost and I'm a bit skeptical he's going to have the mindset for the kind of project this job would take.

My list would be :

McDaniel

Dorsey

Ben Johnson

Shane Steichen 

Byron Leftwich
Press Taylor

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'd re-read the post. I said you were overRATING the opinion/fit of just a few players with a new coach (if you felt that new coach was the answer). I never accused you of overREACTING to anything. 

I still don’t know what you’re trying to say… because I never said you don’t hire a guy because a few players don’t like the idea. But I did read that incorrectly. So that’s on me.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I still don’t know what you’re trying to say… because I never said you don’t hire a guy because a few players don’t like the idea. But I did read that incorrectly. So that’s on me.

You said "the locker room would need to be willing to accept McDaniel's personality" to which I've said "nah, who cares if they do?" mainly since "the locker room" in Washington perennially finishes under .500. 

So, it's my way of saying that you're overrating the opinion of a few players when it comes to how they'll accept a coach. If you think (as the front office) that you've found the right guy, you hire him. If "the locker room" doesn't mesh with him then that's the level that you focus on replacing. 

6 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

You said "the locker room would need to be willing to accept McDaniel's personality" to which I've said "nah, who cares if they do?" mainly since "the locker room" in Washington perennially finishes under .500. 

So, it's my way of saying that you're overrating the opinion of a few players when it comes to how they'll accept a coach. If you think (as the front office) that you've found the right guy, you hire him. If "the locker room" doesn't mesh with him then that's the level that you focus on replacing. 

Look, this is a pretty silly conversation (I’m including myself) but a locker room is more than a few players. We’ve already had this exact conversation, almost word for word.

We disagree. It’s okay. Neither of us should need to repeat themselves.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Despite this all, guessing Dolphins win. Jets starting Flacco, 3  O lineman out, etc.

McDaniels making jokes is kind of his thing, though. I’ve kind of always thought that was his SOP.

If the Dolphins fire McDaniel, that whole lot is dumber than the Ringling Bros. group we have in Ashburn. Grier should've never been hired in the first place, that's a start. Anyway, interesting! And I hope like hell they hire Payton. It's not gonna be easy for him there. Damn, these owners man.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

McDaniels making jokes is kind of his thing, though. I’ve kind of always thought that was his SOP.

Agree, also weird energy comes with the turf with him.  Weird dude with a lot of bad jokes that keep coming.

I agree that he's sort of an acquired taste it seems. 

I think with that style you got to win quick to hold the locker room because to me like I said he comes like the nerdy "Weird Science" kid we know from school versus the standard leader of men HC type.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, also weird energy comes with the turf with him.  Weird dude with a lot of bad jokes that keep coming.

I agree that he's sort of an acquired taste it seems. 

I think with that style you got to win quick to hold the locker room because to me like I said he comes like the nerdy "Weird Science" kid we know from school versus the standard leader of men HC type.

He is the anti-thesis of Rivera in every single way.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Frank Herzog is on with Kevin Sheehan and said the stupid team didn't ask him to be at Sonny's celebration. 

image.thumb.png.453a4d3f522c96176ebc9d8d781625e7.png

This really hurts my heart.

Frank was a standup guy who  took the time to interact with fans. I spent an hour shooting the **** with him at a bar in Dallas before a game back during the glory years.

He deserves better.

EDIT:

I see that he's going to be on the radio. Great news but should have been done long before his absence became public knowledge.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

This really hurts my heart.

Frank was a standup guy who had took the time to interact with fans. I spent an hour shooting the **** with him at a bar in Dallas before the game back during the glory years.

He deserves better.

You’re an hour behind I think, because now he will be there in the booth (even though it shouldn’t have even came to the team having to undo their mistake)

• Thanks 1