Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

12 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You know with Dan selling and fleeing the country; there must be something criminal in that report.

Selling is one thing but to also pack up and leave the country; there has to be something Dan is fleeing from.

He is likely trying to buy Manchester United or Liverpool. Establishing UK residency will make that process more palatable. 

19 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He is likely trying to buy Manchester United or Liverpool. Establishing UK residency will make that process more palatable. 

I hope he does, I have a very strong dislike for both of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

We have a winning roster. Tag Payne. Extend Curl. Whatever money is left go and get a QB. If we can't afford one then draft one...or two.

Nothing really out there for QB because what a shock the teams with good QBs dont let them go. Teams that need a QB and are in a position to draft a good one will. 

Were going to continue to pick through the bargain bin or other bad teams cast offs

• Like 1

If a new owner is selected but the sale is not finalized, couldn't the new owner get a head start by hiring their planned GM as a consultant and then once the sale is final the person officially then becomes the GM. And could also do that for all of the FO personnel. Hire them all now as consultants and then on DAY 1 of the sale being final they are all in position to assume their official team positions and roll. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Didn’t know Dan is such a futbol fan.

He is an ego maniac. He wants to be in the billionaire inner circle. The dudes he hangs out with near his yacht in Europe are more impressed by the premiere league owners than NFL. The Glazers who own Tampa Bay are selling Man U and the Red Sox owner is selling Liverpool. Liverpool is also the club Jason Wright is a fan of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slinky said:

If a new owner is selected but the sale is not finalized, couldn't the new owner get a head start by hiring their planned GM as a consultant and then once the sale is final the person officially then becomes the GM. And could also do that for all of the FO personnel. Hire them all now as consultants and then on DAY 1 of the sale being final they are all in position to assume their official team positions and roll. 

I think so. If you watch Welcome To Wrexham that’s what happened I believe. They had a guy on the ground in Wrexham before the sale was finalized to start gathering information and they were able to hit the ground running with a GM hire as soon as the deal was done.

Most acquisition have a grey period where there are people already looking at the books and assessing personnel.

• Like 1

Dan is all in to buy Manchester United.

Don't be surprised if Jason Wright joins him as an executive if he's able to buy the team.

The road tour they did of European soccer stadiums together in a luxury motor home made them especially close.

Dan is very proud of the way Jason sticks up for him in public and on Twitter.

Mr Snyder likes having a big strong man around, who he can count on to defend him whenever the dispicables forget their place and talk extra sassy about him.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

Don't think he's really looking to buy any kind of sports team in Europe. I do think Tanya talked him into leaving not just the DMV, but the US because he's become a pariah and maybe she has also. Being wealthy enough for too many lifetimes in world famous city of 8+ Million people with countryside estates not too far away, sounds like trying to make a clean break. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Don't be surprised if Jason Wright joins him as an executive if he's able to buy the team.

The road tour they did of European soccer stadiums together in a luxury motor home made them especially close.

Mr Snyder likes having a big strong man around, who he can count on to defend him whenever the dispicables forget their place and talk extra sassy about him.

Real question: Where are you getting this from?

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wouldn't it ****ing suck if Snyder bought a soccer team in Europe and turned out to be the greatest soccer owner ever?

"Ooops I picked the wrong football, THIS is the one I can do"

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Don't think he's really looking to buy any kind of sports team in Europe. I do think Tanya talked him into leaving not just the DMV, but the US because he's become a pariah and maybe she has also. Being wealthy enough for too many lifetimes in world famous city of 8+ Million people with countryside estates not too far away, sounds like trying to make a clean break. 

They will be super disappointed when they find out that the US and the UK have pretty solid extradition treaties for all sorts of nefarious activities...such as sexual harassment.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

The road tour they did of European soccer stadiums together in a luxury motor home made them especially close

There has been 0 mention of this from what I can see here in England

11 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wouldn't it ****ing suck if Snyder bought a soccer team in Europe and turned out to be the greatest soccer owner ever?

A formerly great Premier League club, currently residing in a massive neglected stadium, whilst over paying mediocre players ... sound familiar?

I don't think you'd need to worry about Snyder being a good football club owner, I can assure you as somebody who knows a thing or two about shocking club ownership he'd be a collosal disaster again

There's also no way he would put up with the hassle, "soccer" fans would make a few "Sell the team" chants at Tanya seem like a breeze, although a fairly plastic breed of fan, Man U fans a few seasons back protested the Glazers ownership and decision to join a failed Super League format during the COVID empty stadium era, by breaking into the stadium and protesting on the pitch until the game was eventually postponed

Edited by BrentMeisterGeneral

16 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I dunno...

Is Jason Wright playing putt-putt?

41 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

My God, Washington should fire Rivera and go after McDaniel if he's let go by Miami. 

Was just coming here to discuss this. The issue is the sale. That is what would hold that up. And the locker room would have to be willing to accept McDaniels personality after Rivera's. They are very different. But yes, in a vacuum where a sale occurs in time to at least hire a new HC, McDaniel would be fantastic. Even if our QB is Howell, who we don't know what we have (but I think is going to be good), McDaniel will scheme the receivers open.

But the 6-game losing streak is concerning. 

Long term he'd need a franchise guy (obviously) who can stay healthy (obviously).

Maybe that is Howell. Maybe it isn't.

My short list right now for HC (in no order):

DeMeco Ryans (Reich type as OC)

Eric Bienemy (maximize offensive talent)

Mike McDaniel

Sean Payton (but not for first round compensation and the caveat I don't think he'd want to come here anyways)

Ken Dorsey

Edited by KDawg

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Was just coming here to discuss this. The issue is the sale. That is what would hold that up. And the locker room would have to be willing to accept McDaniels personality after Rivera's. They are very different.

I never understood these types of comments when it came to coaches. If a team thinks they are getting the right guy, it shouldn't care about the current locker room in my opinion. Look at how much turnover there's been in 5 years. I'm not claiming Rivera has done a great job with that turnover at all...but coaches generally bring in their guys or keep the ones around who fit or buy in. 

I don't know if McDaniel is the next great thing, but if I think he is and I'm making a push to hire him I don't let Jonathan Allen or Terry McLaurin stop me. This isn't the NBA, this is a coach's league still.