Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

I think at this point counting on Alex for anything beyond a four to six game stretch as a solid stopgap until your starting qb is healthy would be foolhardy. He may be able to do more than that but I wouldn’t go into a season expecting it. 

He has done miracles with his body but at some point we are all subject to the limits of human frailty.

Something I wonder is whether there's a seasonal aspect to the calf. AKA, you can expect him to hold up fine in the first 3/4 of the season but once it gets cold he'll probably get flare-ups in the last 4 games in December.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Something I wonder is whether there's a seasonal aspect to the calf. AKA, you can expect him to hold up fine in the first 3/4 of the season but once it gets cold he'll probably get flare-ups in the last 4 games in December.

Maybe, but the game he went out was in sunny Arizona around 70F.

40 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Ugh, Hurney and Mayhew?

The actual quote leaves significant wiggle room with respect to responsibilities/title.

”...former NFL general managers Marty Hurney and Martin Mayhew both strong candidates to rejoin the organization in some capacity...”

I’m cool with Mayhew and/or Hurney as glorified scouts or assistants to the NEW GM. 

Have no interest in them as the top organizational decision maker on the personel side.

For that job I am all in for a tier one candidate like Schoen from Buffalo or someone of a similar pedigree.

• Like 5

Rappaport is just reiterating what JLC reported a few weeks ago. There's literally nothing new. I want to keep Smith and getting rid of him would be a huge mistake, but this is the same, recycled information from a couple weeks ago--same names and everything. Mayhew was linked because he and Rivera have the same agent.

• Like 2

Technically we also have to interview minority candidates even if we were to promote Kyle Smith. I just hope we promote Smith and provide him with an experienced executive to take care of the administrative aspect of being a GM before Smith hopeful assumes full control at some point in the future.

I trust Rivera but I can't take losing another young and upcoming star to another franchise.

• Like 5

Smith should be our guy even though he is young.  He has done a good job.  The problem with most organizations in business and government is they do not appreciate

their people in the building.  So the talented people have to exit stage left and go elsewhere and become successful with a new organization.   Some organizations never learn

and since we lost so many young coaches to other teams where they became Head Coaches and they are succeeding.  It just makes me sick to my stomach that Smith is so under

appreciated by the top brass.  The fans appreciate him but we get no vote on retaining him.  Before Smith we had no decent talent evaluator in the front office since Bobby Bethard.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Russell just said he heard the desire is:

1.  Hurney

2.  Schoen

3.  Mayhew

And if I heard him right, it could be some combination of it.  He also said they think (and ditto is his reputation around the NFL) that Kyle Smith isn't ready for that spot, yet. 

Keeping Kyle Smith is paramount, in what ever capacity. I could see him as the VP of Personnel (or whatever it is now)/Assistant GM, especially if other teams aren't ready to poach him yet. He needs to run the draft--I want Marty Hurney nowhere near that!

• Like 1

If we end up somehow losing Kyle Smith it has the potential to be another McVay level loss.  Not sure how would could have kept McVay but I damn sure know how to keep Smith.  Not to even try it would be stupid. In other words typical WFT move. 

• Like 1

If in the next 2-3 years Kyle Smith leaves because we insisted on hiring a Hurney-type stooge above him, this franchise will go nowhere. Doesn’t matter how much I like Rivera, that’s the truth. 

If they want to prioritize a Schoen-type talent guy, fine. But Hurney? 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2020 at 9:38 AM, skinsfan4128 said:

Actually,  this is terrific Christmas present from the jolly old fat man. The more attention this circus gets, the more it applies pressure to the NFL. The little **** stain continues his sue happy spree which brings with it headlines (the dumbass hasn't quite figured this out). In his desperate attempts to paint himself a victim,  he is simply bringing more attention to the story.

I'm loving this Christmas. Hopefully,  the NFL has grown tired of this asshole's antics and rides us of this parasite and we'll all remember this Christmas fondly.

Merry Christmas to you all and stay safe out there. 

Precisely...the continued off-the-field stories combined with the predictable swoon after a one-month resurgence is a great recipe for those of us who want things to come to a head. 

The stories themselves are good, but you combine that with some bad football and the natives get restless. Too many people would only focus on the field if the team was winning (even winning a bad division). I hoped for a loss to Seattle and got it. I hoped for a meltdown vs. Carolina and nearly got it (game was closer than I expected with all the drama of the week). To put the cherry on top and really focus everyone's ire at Snyder again, we need to see a complete collapse to an eliminated team for the second week in a row to lose the division. Imagine blowing out the Cowboys twice and then having them steal the division with Andy Dalton at QB...hahahaha. 

I think that would help focus everyone's attention over the next several months on Snyder. He needs to go...he's a predator. I'm petrified that a 7-9 division title will give too many people "culture change" talking points to defend him. 

11 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Precisely...the continued off-the-field stories combined with the predictable swoon after a one-month resurgence is a great recipe for those of us who want things to come to a head. 

The stories themselves are good, but you combine that with some bad football and the natives get restless. Too many people would only focus on the field if the team was winning (even winning a bad division). I hoped for a loss to Seattle and got it. I hoped for a meltdown vs. Carolina and nearly got it (game was closer than I expected with all the drama of the week). To put the cherry on top and really focus everyone's ire at Snyder again, we need to see a complete collapse to an eliminated team for the second week in a row to lose the division. Imagine blowing out the Cowboys twice and then having them steal the division with Andy Dalton at QB...hahahaha. 

I think that would help focus everyone's attention over the next several months on Snyder. He needs to go...he's a predator. I'm petrified that a 7-9 division title will give too many people "culture change" talking points to defend him. 

You just need to move on.  Cut ties with a Team, you no longer can root for,  because the owner is a piece of ****.

If one day Snyder is gone; maybe you can root again.

I don’t care for Snyder but I won’t take joy, as you do; in the Teams troubles or root for disaster as you do.

You aren’t fan anymore. Just make the final separation and you will be alright.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You just need to move on.  Cut ties with a Team, you no longer can root for,  because the owner is a piece of ****.

If one day Snyder is gone; maybe you can root again.

I don’t care for Snyder but I won’t take joy, as you do; in the Teams troubles or root for disaster as you do.

You aren’t fan anymore. Just make the final separation and you will be alright.

Agreed...I'd say that's about my status now. I am rooting for whatever I think will result in an outcome that will lead to me being able to like the team again. That will take further annoyance or animosity toward the owner without the distractions of a playoff game or scapegoating a player here or coach there. 

I’m conflicted when it comes to Kyle Smith and our current front office. On the one hand, our recent drafts were well rated and we are starting to find mid round and even undrafted contributors. On the other hand, our offensive line, receivers, linebackers, and QB situation are all sketchy. 

kyle has been in charge of the draft for several years now. Sure, Bruce Allen and Snyder played the biggest role, but when we look at the roster are we happy? Are we happy with the speed of our talent acquisition? 

24 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Agreed...I'd say that's about my status now. I am rooting for whatever I think will result in an outcome that will lead to me being able to like the team again. That will take further annoyance or animosity toward the owner without the distractions of a playoff game or scapegoating a player here or coach there. 

You might be in for a real long wait; like when Dan dies in 30 years. It going take a lot, to see Dan removed. I just don’t see it happening; subject to new info.  If Dan is forced to sell; it will be an ugly process.