Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

11 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Rivera already has 100% control over personnel, he doesn’t need to do a fake pity hire to steal more power. He doesn’t have to add a GM at all or hand out that title. 

So did Lobsterman. He convinced El Dano to hire Brucifer before coming on so he would have someone willing to do the grunt work, serve as a buffer against the owner, and take heat for bad decisions while not having any genuine personnel authority at all.

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

damn

I don't see anything incorrect about what he said, outside of making it racial. If his only point was that most players are black, so this describes mostly black guys, then fine. If his point is that a black guy is more likely to act this way, I have plenty of entitled/self-absorbed white examples I could cite. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I'd prefer Kyle.  Only way to guarantee you don't lose him is to make him GM.  He's done a great job this year.

Thats an assumption that it’s all him.  Clearly if Ron was convinced he wouldn’t be looking all around.  I don’t get this idea that Kyle is an absolute can’t lose asset.  I honestly don’t see many can’t lose assets in our FO.   Heck how many “up and coming” FO players have we canned and or released lately?  I’m not gonna promote a dude to a job right after promoting him to VP simply because he may think he’s too good for the role.  GM is much more than simply being a good scout.  If Kyle doesn’t like Schoen so be it. He’ll bring in his own people then. 

Chad Forbes has no sources at all, yet people keep posting his tweets. Just want to make sure everyone knows that’s not a “report” or rumor or whatever, it’s just a guess or prediction.

Edited by ConnSKINS26

Ron is the decider.  Dan gave Ron all the power, Ron will decide what type of front office he wants.  The fact Kyle hasn't been made GM means that Ron wants someone else in that role.  Maybe that leads to Kyle leaving. So be it.  Ron gets to choose who he wants.   It may work or it may not and Ron is fired in a couple of years.   The Skins are a coach centric team.

Edited by Rdskns2000

There is more to being GM than just drafting/scouting. Ron wants someone with experience in the contracts and administrative side of stuff. The league is filled with guys who were bright up and coming personnel people but couldn't hack it as GM and flamed out. I want to keep Kyle too but I can understand Ron's reasoning.

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Ron is the decider.  Dan gave Ron all the power, Ron will decide what type of front office he wants.  The fact Kyle has been made GM means that Ron wants someone else in that role.  Maybe that leads to Kyle leaving. So be it.  Ron gets to choose who he wants.   It may work or it may not and Ron is fired in a couple of years.   The Skins are a coach centric team.

Real question because I don't know the answer. Do coachcentric teams succeed often? Bill O'Brien didn't work out but I don't know what other franchises are run that way.

11 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Real question because I don't know the answer. Do coachcentric teams succeed often? Bill O'Brien didn't work out but I don't know what other franchises are run that way.

After floundering around for 30 years, 21 of them under Dan Snyder, I'm all for trying anything.

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

The Pats are the example that these teams are modeled after. Bill O'Brien in particular is part of the Belichick coaching tree. 

Edited by Bacon

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

A coachcentric team can succeed if that coach is a good coach and he has good personnel people helping him.    Bellichek is the obvious success story but there's also the other side.  Plenty of coachcentric that have failed.    We will have to wait and see hope for the best.

If Ron is fired in a couple of years; then we know it failed. 

Oh man, all the enemies Snyder has made over the years are really getting after him. He's got to be wondering where all the love has gone by now! They are determined to get him and are regularly sprinkling these stories along one right after another now. Yet another story drops, this time about financial malfeasance and him apparently sending goons to the house of the co-owners' investment banker. I love it, this is more fun than watching Washington beat Dallas.

I'm starting to believe that there really is a good chance that he may have to sell the team. It's just a shame that his behavior reflects so poorly on the team, the fans and the area.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/12/29/daniel-snyder-washington-football-ownership-dispute/

>>Moag’s filing makes clear that the discovery of what he characterizes as financial malfeasance is the “serious s***” he alluded to in a text message to Snyder threatening further disclosures if Snyder did not agree to an orderly sales process. An image of that text was included by Snyder’s lawyers in court filings made public this month.

The text reads in part: “If you continue your game, you know what I know and what I have never spoken about. And you know it has nothing to do about the media s*** … it’s the more serious s***.

“If you want to get to a clean conclusion, let me know. If you want a s*** show, we are on for that too.”

In his affidavit, Moag states: “In the course of this representation, my clients learned of some serious corporate irregularities in the [Washington Football Incorporated] 2019 financial statements which I alluded to in a call I had with Snyder in late September 2020, including long missing financials, breaches of the partnership agreement, and other significant issues, some now being litigated in Judge [Peter J.] Messitte’s court, and others in ongoing arbitration. To say that discovering these improprieties disturbed my clients is an understatement.”....

....In the filing, Moag also accuses Snyder of sending two “intruders” to his home Aug. 1 in an attempt to intimidate him. As Moag recounts the visit in the filing, the men wore no masks, would not identify themselves, claimed to represent a prospective buyer and, in a “menacing” manner, asked what he had been saying about the team and its owner...<<

Edited by SonnySideUp

12 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

I may be wrong but I believe teams like the 49ers did this and they got to the SB.  We’re definitely not the only ones to do and there has been success.  GM first is just traditional.