Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I know I've been "vocal" in here and it's probably becoming annoying to some, but I just can't believe how many people seem to be happy to turn a blind eye to this. Assuming this isn't some huge, multi-level conspiracy to frame him, enough has come out to demonstrate that Snyder has run an organization marked by predatory and criminal behavior. He's either directed or excused the behavior for two decades. 

Every time the team wins games, it just further distracts from the big picture and important things that are being allowed to happen under Dan Snyder. We, as fans, need to draw a line in the sand and insist that enough is enough. If it's not harassment of female employees, it's "behind the scenes" nude videos of cheerleaders, or direct sexual misconduct...

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I know I've been "vocal" in here and it's probably becoming annoying to some, but I just can't believe how many people seem to be happy to turn a blind eye to this. Assuming this isn't some huge, multi-level conspiracy to frame him, enough has come out to demonstrate that Snyder has run an organization marked by predatory and criminal behavior. He's either directed or excused the behavior for two decades. 

Every time the team wins games, it just further distracts from the big picture and important things that are being allowed to happen under Dan Snyder. We, as fans, need to draw a line in the sand and insist that enough is enough. If it's not harassment of female employees, it's "behind the scenes" nude videos of cheerleaders, or direct sexual misconduct...

Who's happily turning a blind eye to this?  Do we not rant and rave practically all day every day on here about how bad Snyder is?

It's very simple...there are two things that will get you ****canned as an owner of a professional sports team these days:  Either making racist remarks or direct sexual harassment/misconduct.  If we are going to be honest with ourselves here, there's a big difference between some sleazy DVD that he ordered and paying 1.6 million in hush money to someone that charged him with sexual misconduct.  1.6 million is a lot of money, whatever he did must have been BAD.  

I will agree that Snyder has run an organization of lecherous behavior but until this morning there hadn't been anything directly incriminating him with bad behavior himself.  This news today changes all of that.  

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Who's happily turning a blind eye to this?  Do we not rant and rave practically all day every day on here about how bad Snyder is?

It's very simple...there are two things that will get you ****canned as an owner of a professional sports team these days:  Either making racist remarks or direct sexual harassment/misconduct.  If we are going to be honest with ourselves here, there's a big difference between some sleazy DVD that he ordered and paying 1.6 million in hush money to someone that charged him with sexual misconduct.  1.6 million is a lot of money, whatever he did must have been BAD.  

I will agree that Snyder has run an organization of lecherous behavior but until this morning there hadn't been anything directly incriminating him with bad behavior himself.  This news today changes all of that.  

Well, ranting and raving while waving a Redskins pennant isn't exactly drawing a hard line. I get it, everyone has their own tolerance...but that's what I'm referring to. 

I'm glad you see the recent story as a big deal, but I'm alarmed at how surreptitiously filming and editing cheerleaders while naked isn't just as bad to you. I would assume, when all is said and done, he'll end up paying more for the video (across all the girls impacted) than the $1.6M he paid in 2009. There are dozens of girls. So, if the amount indicates severity then the offense are pretty equal. 

Yeah this news is not like the other news, for the first time we have a direct link to Snyder misconduct.  The Jerry Richardson comparison is much more accurate than Robert Kraft, similar situation. And let's not forget Dan has few friends around the league to protect him. For the first time I actually believe this may be the end, but I'm still only 50/50.

As for Kyle Smith while I'm sure a GM's time is taken up with administrative stuff 80% of the time. But they are evaluated by the talent they acquire and the last 3 years the drafts have been excellent, this FA class was very good as well.  I want to do whatever it takes to retain him but it does seem as if Kyle and RR are not connecting for whatever reason.  

• Like 1

I mean to anyone rational its been clear for sometime that the sexual harrassment in the organization is directly tied to Dan.  You dont get that throughout an organization unless its something the owner approves of, and then its 99% certain hes participating in it or the originator.  So that article was no surprise, but is the first 100% undeniable link to Snyders behavior.  

Snyders house is burning down.  The smoke is pouring in and the fires getting hotter and hotter, and hes darting from hole to hole in a desperate attempt to survive.  But its starting to reach the point where even the rat cant survive, and hes either got to flee or be incinerated in it.  

It couldnt happen to a nicer guy, just should have happened 10 years ago.

Edited by Peregrine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't want to be that guy, but as I think about it; the only way he'll sell is if there was a movement to have sponsors boycott the team. That would force the league to have him sell. Money always talks. 

Additionally, I said earlier it'll probably take something else to force him to sell, not just this one instance. People bring up Jerry Richardson. Jerry if I'm not mistaken had four sexual harassment claims against him and the use of the "n" word. Not there unless sponsors back out...

1 minute ago, Busch1724 said:

Don't want to be that guy, but as I think about it; the only way he'll sell is if there was a movement to have sponsors boycott the team. That would force the league to have him sell. Money always talks. 

Additionally, I said earlier it'll probably take something else to force him to sell, not just this one instance. People bring up Jerry Richardson. Jerry if I'm not mistaken had four sexual harassment claims against him and the use of the "n" word. Not there unless sponsors back out...

What one instance are you referring to? Just since July there have been reports of...

- Dozens of female employees complaining about mistreatment and harassment which was linked to multiple execs in the organization

- Dozens of cheerleaders being exposed in a lewd video against their will/without their consent which was linked to Snyder, Michael, etc. 

- A cheerleader who Snyder tried to pimp out to the team eye doctor/his buddy

- A documented settlement from over a decade ago of more sexual misconduct directly linked to Snyder 

Again...that's not some isolated time that Snyder got drunk and touched someone's ass. That's an organizational commitment to mistreatment and misogyny being led by the owner of the franchise. 

• Like 1

Just listened to Hobson on 106.7 from the WP.  The interview went in an interesting direction fueled by the ones interviewing him which is you might have a story about if the NFL knew about Dan's legal case from years back where he himself was accused of something improper then why let him launch the investigation internally -- initially on the same topic (before the NFL took over?)

In short, maybe an angle here is to put some heat on the NFL for covering up for their own.  I do think if the NFL itself takes heat on this it might help the goal of them taking real action at Dan.  I don't think it hurts to have a public plot line about the NFL and Dan's fellow owners covering up for him.  I'd think they want that part to be done quietly under the rug.  But if that becomes part of the story that would be an interesting twist. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just listened to Hobson on 106.7 from the WP.  The interview went in an interesting direction fueled by the ones interviewing him which is you might have a story about if the NFL knew about Dan's legal case from years back where he himself was accused of something improper then why let him launch the investigation internally -- initially on the same topic (before the NFL took over?)

In short, maybe an angle here is to put some heat on the NFL for covering up for their own.  I do think if the NFL itself takes heat on this it might help the goal of them taking real action at Dan.  I don't think it hurts to have a public plot line about the NFL and Dan's fellow owners covering up for him.  I'd think they want that part to be done quietly under the rug.  But if that becomes part of the story that would be an interesting twist. 

That's gotta be the way. If there's no pressure on the NFL, they are going to let Dan buy out his minority shareholders and keep the team. I would venture the hesitation to boot Snyder is this is going on in other organizations and those owners are afraid to set a precedent here

9 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

What one instance are you referring to? Just since July there have been reports of...

Aware of all that, and I agree with you on everything. I'm just trying to rationalize the inaction of the league and its owners up to this point.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just listened to Hobson on 106.7 from the WP.  The interview went in an interesting direction fueled by the ones interviewing him which is you might have a story about if the NFL knew about Dan's legal case from years back where he himself was accused of something improper then why let him launch the investigation initially on the same topic (before the NFL took over?)

In short, maybe an angle here is to put some heat on the NFL for covering up for their own.  I do think if the NFL itself takes heat on this it might help the goal of them taking real action at Dan.

I would counter by saying, maybe the NFL took it over once they found out about 2009. I'm not sure how NDAs and settlements work, but is it possible the NFL didn't know Dan paid out 1.6 million in 2009? If they knew of a payout, did they know what it was about? Those interviewers did ask a great question and came at it from an interesting angle that needs explored. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, method man said:

That's gotta be the way. If there's no pressure on the NFL, they are going to let Dan buy out his minority shareholders and keep the team. I would venture the hesitation to boot Snyder is this is going on in other organizations and those owners are afraid to set a precedent here

Yeah if the other owners and NFL takes heat for covering for Dan that would be a big problem IMO for them.   They'd want to cover for him without any fanfare.  But if they take heat for being complicit I think that would go a long way.  

4 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I would counter by saying, maybe the NFL took it over once they found out about 2009. I'm not sure how NDAs and settlements work, but is it possible the NFL didn't know Dan paid out 1.6 million in 2009? If they knew of a payout, did they know what it was about? Those interviewers did ask a great question and came at it from an interesting angle that needs explored. 

As Hobson said he's interested to find out when they knew.  The interviewer presumed they likely did know.   But regardless, I think the angle of putting heat on the NFL might help the cause.   They've already shrugged off the cheerleader scandal.  This would be another item in that pile but even without it there is enough to put some heat on them IMO. 

1 minute ago, Busch1724 said:

I don't know how much ongoing disclosure of team or owner financials the league gets. Remember, this wasn't a lawsuit but a private agreement. If the team (not Snyder) paid, then it'd show up on the books. However, the accounting entry probably wouldn't specify the grounds for a confidential settlement. My sense is that the owners actively try to stay out of each other's business unless new stadiums or relocation are at issue.