Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Good job Bezos. Pour it on!!

I don't get this Bezos stuff. It diminishes what happened to the victims and the hard work of all the journalists involved. I get that it is mostly meant as a joke but they are not making up stuff here and Bezos most certainly ain't telking these people what to write.

1 minute ago, Panninho said:

I don't get this Bezos stuff. It diminishes what happened to the victims and the hard work of all the journalists involved. I get that it is mostly meant as a joke but they are not making up stuff here and Bezos most certainly ain't telking these people what to write.

I think the point is this stuff was “hidden” by NDA’s and whatever else. Doesn’t make things better for the victims (especially since this was in the past), but now more people are hearing about it and it might be pushing the league to actually to cut the head off the the snake of bad culture that Danny has hatched and fostered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

I think the point is this stuff was “hidden” by NDA’s and whatever else. Doesn’t make things better for the victims (especially since this was in the past), but now more people are hearing about it and it might be pushing the league to actually to cut the head off the the snake of bad culture that Danny has hatched and fostered.

I understand that, that was not my point. I just don't like the way this has been denoted as a Bezos vs Snyder feud ever since those stories started to drop. Because it puts the focus on two billionaires and not on the content of these reports. This is not Bezos vs. Snyder, this is Snyder and his disgusting employees vs. all those victims. In this discussion it shouldn't matter who owns that paper but what the content of these articles is. These stories are not made up, I think we all know enough to say that by now. So why pretend that Bezos is sitting in his office, directing his journalist puppies to drop more dirt on Snyder.

As I said, I know it's meant as a joke. I just don't like the way it diminishes the work of those journalists.

• Like 1

I think I read/heard yesterday that the woman's allegations were "investigated" by two different law firms, I think both hired by the team/Snyder (going off memory right now so might not be accurate). They couldn't find anything to back up her allegations or something like that, and they showed that she had lied to the lawyers about something (I don't think it was said what she lied about) and that was the "cause" for being fired. Both she and Snyder signed NDAs with the settlement saying neither one could talk about anything.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I think I read/heard yesterday that the woman's allegations were "investigated" by two different law firms, I think both hired by the team/Snyder (going off memory right now so might not be accurate). They couldn't find anything to back up her allegations or something like that, and they showed that she had lied to the lawyers about something (I don't think it was said what she lied about) and that was the "cause" for being fired. Both she and Snyder signed NDAs with the settlement saying neither one could talk about anything.

And compensation were paid as well. Hush money?

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

1.6 million Dollar is a lot of money to pay to someone who cannot back up any of her allegations. Also the WaPo article says that she wasn't officially fired:

"Though the woman had been terminated for cause, she and the team agreed that her personnel file would be changed to show that she voluntarily resigned. The team also provided the woman with a letter of recommendation, signed by Mitch Gershman, then the team’s chief operating officer, which described her as “well-respected by her colleagues here at The Washington Redskins and around the NFL” and said she “will be an asset to another organization.”

With everything reported over the last couple of weeks about the culture within this organization it also gives such a report a whole new level of credibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Panninho said:

1.6 million Dollar is a lot of money to pay to someone who cannot back up any of her allegations. Also the WaPo article says that she wasn't officially fired:

"Though the woman had been terminated for cause, she and the team agreed that her personnel file would be changed to show that she voluntarily resigned. The team also provided the woman with a letter of recommendation, signed by Mitch Gershman, then the team’s chief operating officer, which described her as “well-respected by her colleagues here at The Washington Redskins and around the NFL” and said she “will be an asset to another organization.”

With everything reported over the last couple of weeks about the culture within this organization it also gives such a report a whole new level of credibility.

Settlements can often entail squelching bad press and other issues that aren't directly tied to the allegations as they are to being able to prove allegations, especially when you (figuratively at least) have billions at your disposal. And I didn't mean she was fired, I was only commenting on the part that said that she could have been fired for cause and gave what I had read/heard was the cause (or speculation that it was the cause, anyway)...

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

Nothing is going to happen here. Bob Kraft was caught on video with a prostitute and nothing happened. Think that was a one off? I just don't see Snyder affected by this, unfortunately. 

I don't think Kraft is a good comparison here. Jerry Richardson had to sell because he made inappropriate sexual comments to female employees. But he agreed to sell, I don't think Snyder would agree to sell the team. He would have to be forced out by the league.

So in general I tend to agree with your overall assessment. The lack of public outcry here makes me believe that nothing substantial will happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Panninho said:

I don't think Kraft is a good comparison here. Jerry Richardson had to sell because he made inappropriate sexual comments to female employees. But he agreed to sell, I don't think Snyder would agree to sell the team. He would have to be forced out by the league.

So in general I tend to agree with your overall assessment. The lack of public outcry here makes me believe that nothing substantial will happen.

More accurately, Richardson sold because he made inappropriate sexual comments to female employees AND the league discovered he had paid out settlements in connection to those actions. So...just saying lol...(he also used the "N-word" to a black employee)

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Settlements can often entail squelching bad press and other issues that aren't directly tied to the allegations as they are to being able to prove allegations, especially when you (figuratively at least) have billions at your disposal. And I didn't mean she was fired, I was only commenting on the part that said that she could have been fired for cause and gave what I had read/heard was the cause (or speculation that it was the cause, anyway)...

I mean I cannot say anything to the contrary because I don't know the facts. I just wouldn't give Snyder the benefit of the doubt here. Not after all those stories we read about him and this organization recently. From requesting the video with the "good stuff" of those cheerleader shootings (after they took their passports while outside the country) to him hiring a lawyer to investigate these allegations "independently" who he then proceeded to sue in court over the dicslosure of an NDA after the league took over.

Edited by Panninho
  • Thanks 1

This might be the knockout blow that does it.  The WaPo has backed Snyder into the ropes over the past few months with some sharp blows to the body, but this might be the hook to the head that drops him.  

19 minutes ago, Panninho said:

The lack of public outcry here makes me believe that nothing substantial will happen.

You gotta give it time to percolate a little bit.  That article was just released this morning, correct?  Give it a day to pick up some steam, ESPN will have to give it attention.

If ESPN gave the cheerleader story attention (and they did), they won't ignore this.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This might be the knockout blow that does it.  The WaPo has backed Snyder into the ropes over the past few months with some sharp blows to the body, but this might be the hook to the head that drops him.  

Obviously one can hope, but I doubt it yet. Probably need one more blow yet. 

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You gotta give it time to percolate a little bit.  That article was just released this morning, correct?  Give it a day to pick up some steam, ESPN will have to give it attention.

If ESPN gave the cheerleader story attention (and they did), they won't ignore this.  

I like your optimism but I don't think the media of today is that slow. I reamain hopeful because the only thing that can force out Snyder is public pressure but I honestly don't see it happening.

2 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Obviously one can hope, but I doubt it yet. Probably need one more blow yet. 

Maybe so.  Maybe this one just has him wobbling a little.  We'll see.

I said with all the other articles that there wasn't enough to get Snyder to sell.  He certainly looks like the lecherous POS that we all know he is, but in all of the other articles, there was nothing tying him directly to any bad behavior.  A comment here, ordering the nip slip video there...yeah, bad stuff but not enough to force you to sell the team.

This is different.  This is an article talking about sexual misconduct against Snyder directly.   This is the whole enchilada that we've been waiting for.  

Kudos to Will Hobson.  Hope to see that guys name in the Ring of Fame someday.

2 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I like your optimism but I don't think the media of today is that slow. I reamain hopeful because the only thing that can force out Snyder is public pressure but I honestly don't see it happening.

Bro, Sports Illustrated just picked it up on their site.  Yahoo has it on their site.  Again, that article was released earlier this morning.

ESPN didn't cover the cheerleader article on their network programming until the day after it was released.  The bigger outlets need some time to get it going.  Smaller outlets like the Richmond.com have had it up for an hour.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Nothing is going to happen here. Bob Kraft was caught on video with a prostitute and nothing happened. Think that was a one off? I just don't see Snyder affected by this, unfortunately. 

I don't like the Kraft comparisons...

What he did (even if he has a long history of doing it) might be bad for PR and slightly embarrassing, but it's essentially a consensual transaction among adults. Snyder has a track record piling up of initiating and overlooking sexual misconduct. That's a big difference to me. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Still baffles me why people with the money and resources like Snyder has at his disposal act like they do. He could do a lot for the impoverished communities in the area but chooses to act like a punk instead. I don't get it at all.

Easy. Money and power corrupt many people. It magnifies your character. It’s why many people are so frustrated by the political climate in this country. 

Synder and people like him think their money and influence makes them immune to societal norms and for all intents and purposes it does. Just throw a few bucks at it, NDA here, hush money there, lawyer magic and alakazam back to the ole yacht club with the scotch.  

What’s worse is they really think they’re smarter than everyone else too. We’re just sheep among wolves to them. Get your season tickets, they’re on sale!

Edited by lovemaskins
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

I mean I cannot say anything to the contrary because I don't know the facts. I just wouldn't give Snyder the benefit of the doubt here. Not after all those stories we read about him and this organization recently. From requesting the video with the "good stuff" of those cheerleader shootings (after they took their passports while outside the country) to him hiring a lawyer to investigate these allegations "independently" who he then proceeded to sue in court over the dicslosure of an NDA after the league took over.

No one, even a billionaire, is going to pay $1.6M if there is no wrong doing. And, as you said, there is such a long track record of all these things he's likely done, allowed, or encouraged that he is going to have plenty of other settlements coming his way. 

• Like 2