Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

12 minutes ago, method man said:

Another key here is let's hope this 2009 settlement is not the "serious ****" and there is more to drop. I hope Schar goes down swinging here and takes Snyder down with him

To me it depends on what exactly they were covering up.  $1.6M is a lot of money to be handing out to an employee.  Were probably talking about some pretty overtly nefarious stuff.

And I'm sure given everything we've heard from 25 women now, whatever occurrence forced  the hush money to be paid...I mean let's be honest, it probably happened way more than once.  In other words, whatever he did that was bad enough to force him to shell out 1.6m, its not like he did it only once, got caught, and totally learned his lesson and walked a straight line from that day forward.

This was standard operating procedure.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

To me it depends on what exactly they were covering up.  $1.6M is a lot of money to be handing out to an employee.  Were probably talking about some pretty overtly nefarious stuff.

And I'm sure given everything we've heard from 25 women now, whatever occurrence forced  the hush money to be paid...I mean let's be honest, it probably happened way more than once.  In other words, whatever he did that was bad enough to force him to shell out 1.6m, its not like he did it only once, got caught, and totally learned his lesson and walked a straight line from that day forward.

This was standard operating procedure.

Yep, and I feel that way about the videos. He didn't just do this in 2008 and 2010 and suddenly realize it's gross. There could be several more cheerleader videos out there as well. To me, the combination of the known things (settlement) and the alleged things (40ish women coming forward) should be enough circumstantial evidence to assume that it's been a culture of misconduct for two decades. 

Team or club....

Jeebus there is only so much bad news a man can take in one day. Just adding insult to injury.

If I actually drank my poor kidneys would probably feel like they were getting worked over by prime Tyson w/ a ref that was paid off to deliver a body

When do we hear about them wanting to bring back the moat for the new stadium?

• Like 1

Ya know, this $1.6m settlement occurred in 2009, which was the same year Vinny Cerrato left the team....hmmmmmmmmm

We always wondered what ol Vinny had on Danny Boy to keep his job for that long.  

I guess what I'm saying is I hope the details of this thing stay undisclosed lol.  Not that there's anything wrong with that!!

Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch joins NFL investigation into Washington Football Team owners

Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch has been tapped by the NFL to help in its investigations of alleged misconduct among the Washington Football Team owners, The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday. 

This comes as the NFL is attempting to arbitrate a feud between the team’s principal owner, Dan Snyder, and its minority owners, namely FedEx CEO Frederick Smith, Black Diamond Capital Chairman Robert Rothman and real estate developer Dwight Schar, the board chairman of NVR Inc. 

People familiar with the matter told the news outlet that Lynch will focus her investigations on an alleged attempt by Schar to publicly distribute information in an attempt to defame Snyder. 

Lynch, who served as attorney general under the Obama administration from 2015 to 2017, currently works as a partner at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP.

The Journal reported that Lynch could not be reached for comment. 

The Washington Football Team’s minority owners have attempted to sell their stakes, though that has resulted in a prolonged legal battle, including a federal court case with several misconduct allegations against both Snyder and the minority owners. 

According to the Journal, Snyder’s lawyers are arguing that the minority owners have attempted to force Snyder to sell the football team and subsequently led a smear campaign when Snyder, who purchased the team in 1999, refused to do so. 

A recently unsealed court filing revealed Snyder’s lawyers claim Schar worked with a former team employee by using burner phones to communicate and plant damaging stories aimed at ruining Snyder’s reputation. 

“Schar resorted to conduct more reflective of a gangster than an NFL owner,” the filing states, according to the Journal.  

The Washington Football team is also being investigated in an NFL-monitored probe after The Washington Post in July reported accusations of verbal and sexual harassment from several former female employees of the team.  

In a November interview with the Journal, Snyder apologized for the team’s workplace culture and “that anyone was hurt” as a result, adding that changes can be implemented within the organization. 

Earlier this month, the Post reported that Snyder was attempting to keep the details of a sexual harassment settlement from the public after it was uncovered in the NFL-led investigation. 

David Donovan, the team's former general counsel, was reportedly also involved in the efforts to stop the NFL's lead investigator, Beth Wilkinson, from disclosing details about the lawsuit and sued her last month in an attempt to further those efforts.

In an emergency motion, Donovan indicated that Snyder would intervene in the interest of “asserting privilege and privacy or related interests over information that is under seal.” 

U.S. Magistrate Judge Ivan Davis granted the emergency motion, according to the Post. Both Donovan and Wilkinson declined to comment to the newspaper at the time.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/531352-former-attorney-general-loretta-lynch-joins-nfl-investigation-into-washington

I honestly have no idea how the NFL can move forward with Snyder as an owner of one of its franchises.

Edited by Panninho
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Panninho said:

I honestly have no idea how the NFL can move forward with Snyder as an owner of one of its franchises.

At some point, despite not wanting people snooping in their business, these other owners will need to realize that all this negative press and publicity hurts the group. Get rid of him!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean, his approach and communication is top notch but how about don’t address the fanbase about something as stupid as the ****ing name when this ownership stuff is floating around. I know he’s not going to (and can’t be expected to) comment on that right now, but read the room. Addressing the name leak stuff now just makes it seem like more obfuscation, directing the narrative type stuff. I know he’s just addressing the issues under his direct authority but it’s bad timing. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I mean, his approach and communication is top notch but how about don’t address the fanbase about something as stupid as the ****ing name when this ownership stuff is floating around. I know he’s not going to (and can’t be expected to) comment on that right now, but read the room. Addressing the name leak stuff now just makes it seem like more obfuscation, directing the narrative type stuff. I know he’s just addressing the issues under his direct authority but it’s bad timing. 

That's a very good point. 

I understand how the world works and we all have bosses who sign our paychecks. But one thing that hasn't sat well with me is all the praise that the "new regime" is getting. They are still working for a despicable man who has all these allegations against him. Again, I don't put anything on Jason Wright or Julie Donaldson...take the jobs and make your money. But the over-the-top "finally!!!" reactions from the fan base are a little much. We can guess why these individuals were hired...in addition, we have to continue to realize they report to the man who is the single biggest issue with the culture. They have a lot of work to do in order to show that they aren't just the latest human shields who are happy to accept large sums of money to protect Snyder. 

Again, don't misread this...I don't expect Wright to speak out against his boss. I just can't really trust that anything will change while he's employed by Snyder. 

Now, give me this new group with a new owner and I'm back in with 3 feet (I'll find another). 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I saw it as he's getting bombarded with negative comments about the name on twitter based off of "team sources" stuff, so it's not like he's doing a redirect when fans are bringing up their disapproval directly to him and the team. He decided to remind everyone that team sources have been talking directly to the fans about the process so there's no need to get caught up with anyone else's tweets that may contradict what he and others have been saying. I don't know what he could say about things that happened in 2009, and player personnel issues like Haskins should always be handled by Rivera.

• Like 3