Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

28 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If you haven't listened to the John Keim podcast from last Thursday where he describes what he was going through with Cancer treatment, that might answer the public demeanor issue. 

I think Rivera has done an incredible job this season. How the hell he’s kept us afloat is astounding.

• Like 3

Clev Indians changing their name. This whole thing started w/ us is starting to snowball.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-30515645

On 12/12/2020 at 10:56 AM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Rivera definitely seems to be bouncing back from his tough year. Combined with an upturn in results, sure seems more upbeat publicly.

I mean... wouldn't you given what he's dealt with?

He is quite literally UPPING HIS ROY SCORE

Edited by FootballZombie

I'd be for Kyle Smith myself.   But keeping Rivera to me is more important if I had to choose.  Who knows though?  Some wondered if Kyle would be out when Rivera came on board and he instead kept and promoted him so will see here.  Among those names from what I've read Shoen is a stud.  Tennessee has done well, too.  I've not loved what Mayhew did in Detriot. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/14/mmqb-week-14-green-bay-packers-top-seed-aaron-rodgers-bruce-arians-chase-young

Washington is very pleased with the work of Ron Rivera, to the point where if the Football Team does hire a GM, and I think they probably will, I’m told that search would be led by Rivera. If it happens, I’d expect ex-Lions GM Martin Mayhew (who shares an agent with Rivera) to be in the running, as well as former Panthers personnel men Ryan Cowden (Tennessee’s VP of player personnel) and Joe Schoen (Buffalo’s assistant GM).

Edited by Skinsinparadise

9 minutes ago, method man said:

I wonder if Kyle Smith is some sort of cultural cancer. His dad was a difficult personality in San Diego. 

Doubt it.  From what I've read he's a nice guy but doesn't pull punches in disagreements.   But again we are assuming Kyle isn't in the running, we don't know that to be true.  It was just Breer speculating.   As much as I like Kyle, I wouldn't hate it if its Shoen.  I've loved what I've read about him over the years.  And he helped rebuild Buffalo into a force. 

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Doubt it.  From what I've read he's a nice guy but doesn't pull punches in disagreements.   But again we are assuming Kyle isn't in the running, we don't know that to be true.  It was just Breer speculating.   As much as I like Kyle, I wouldn't hate it if its Shoen.  I've loved what I've read about him over the years.  And he helped rebuild Buffalo into a force. 

Martin Mayhew is in the running...because he shares and agent? Really? Seems like Breer is just flinging stuff against a wall...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, method man said:

Mayhew would be a very disappointing hire. Retread who had a long reign in Detroit

Yeah, I am not going to worry about it until it actually happens. There was a rumor a couple of weeks ago that JDR was on his way out at the end of the season too...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I understand the desire to try and find reasons to hate on Rivera, after crawling out from under the Haskins rock.

50 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I was thinking the exact same. 

Ah, the reminder I needed that my life was better without the ES trolls. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yes, sure - that's why you haven't been around.  Those pesky ES trolls, not perhaps the fact that all your hub bub about the mistreatment of Dwayne and Ron's ineptitude died a painful death.

Actually, it's because of an extremely good opportunity for advancement at work, in which I haven't had time to engage in football forum debates.

JLC emphasizing again that he doesn’t expect Kyle Smith to get the GM job and that they may retain him as VP of player personnel w a boss if he is up for that. He thinks Rick Smith is the lead candidate. 

I think Rick is a solid exec with a track record but I don’t like that he has built a rapport with Snyder. I don’t want another middleman in the FO