Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

6 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Sorry that there's literally one thread to discuss what a ****bag the owner is. I'll go ahead and keep doing so in here...I'm also glad that you think a soon-to-be 4-8 team is wildly improved or successful.  

.....a soon to be what now? (Sorry, after tonight’s win, i had to!)

If you can’t possibly see how this team has improved, then idk what to tell you....do you think last years team wins tonight? No? Then this team has improved. Sorry you can’t see it. 

with that being said, I’m not blaming anyone for talking ***^ about Snyder. That’s that other guy you responded to, before you (or anyone else) attacks me for that :) 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Sorry that there's literally one thread to discuss what a ****bag the owner is. I'll go ahead and keep doing so in here...I'm also glad that you think a soon-to-be 4-8 team is wildly improved or successful.  

this reads like someone who hasn’t been watching the games. That’s not meant as a shot... but when you see this team play you realize how different it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If you can’t possibly see how this team has improved, then idk what to tell you....do you think last years team wins tonight? No? Then this team has improved. Sorry you can’t see it. 

This years team with Dwayne Haskins or Kyle Allen under center doesnt win tonight. The team has improved overall, but Alex is the difference maker, and its not even close 

• Like 1

I just want to make 2 points:

- Ron is a good coach and he knows what he's doing.  Dude has had to deal with the sins of the organization's past, the team name issue, social justice issues, a pandemic, cancer, not to mention taking over a 3-13 squad that has underperformed and won squat in about 30 years.  And yet, even with all of that, the team doesn't quit, is well prepared, improving, and now on a 3 game win streak.  They're playing as well as  you can expect.

- On the personnel side, in one off-season, the team picked up a whole bunch of pieces nobody thought would materialize, but have been solid pickups.  Guys like McKissic, Barber, Logan Thomas, Wes S., Fuller and Darby have all contributed.  They drafted a bunch of guys who are contributing outside of Young, like Gibson and Curl.  They quietly had a really good off-season, in hindsight. 

From a personnel perspective, there is still a lot of work to do.  They still need help right up the middle of the defense at ILB and Safety.  On offense, they could still use more depth on the OL (which has been severely tested this season again), and they need another interior receiver, either slot of TE.  

But if you compare the football side of the operation after week 12 this year to last year, the organization is in a completely different place.

Will it continue this way?  We'll see.  But it's moving in the right direction as of now.  And that's a good sign.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

- Ron is a good coach and he knows what he's doing.  Dude has had to deal with the sins of the organization's past, the team name issue, social justice issues, a pandemic, cancer, not to mention taking over a 3-13 squad that has underperformed and won squat in about 30 years.  And yet, even with all of that, the team doesn't quit, is well prepared, improving, and now on a 3 game win streak.  They're playing as well as  you can expect.

- On the personnel side, in one off-season, the team picked up a whole bunch of pieces nobody thought would materialize, but have been solid pickups.  Guys like McKissic, Barber, Logan Thomas, Wes S., Fuller and Darby have all contributed.  They drafted a bunch of guys who are contributing outside of Young, like Gibson and Curl.  They quietly had a really good off-season, in hindsight. 

From a personnel perspective, there is still a lot of work to do.  They still need help right up the middle of the defense at ILB and Safety.  On offense, they could still use more depth on the OL (which has been severely tested this season again), and they need another interior receiver, either slot of TE.  

But if you compare the football side of the operation after week 12 this year to last year, the organization is in a completely different place.

Will it continue this way?  We'll see.  But it's moving in the right direction as of now.  And that's a good sign.  

I'm getting serious Barry Trotz and Brian MacLellan vibes from Ron and Kyle Smith for the hockey fans in here.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Nice post...I agree, the RR signing, draft, free agent signings and management moves have all been incredibly good. Dan Snyder, by getting rid of Bruce and grabbing RR has changed the entire future of this franchise. Everyone better gear up and get ready for a great December and future...who'd have thunk we'd beat Dallas and Pittsburgh on the road in back to back weeks?????

Feel so great for Alex Smith and the Bama boys....this ride is just beginning. 

• Like 1

Not to take away from the growing sentiment that Snyder is the greatest owner in league history by hiring Ron Rivera, but back to the topic of this thread, anyone see the Post article discussing something about a decade-old settlement involving the team that has been kept confidential? Any more details on this?

55 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Jack Del Rio was the perfect hire for this team. What a phenomenal job he’s done. I hope Rivera and JDR will be here for the long haul. 

I heard there were some disagreements better JDR and Rivera as recently as 2 weeks ago. I wonder if those have been smoothed over or actually never existed.

42 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I heard there were some disagreements better JDR and Rivera as recently as 2 weeks ago. I wonder if those have been smoothed over or actually never existed.

"There is no evidence of a fractured relationship here. We can report that there has been some coaching frustration as some players have been slow and resistant to grasp what the staff is emphasizing.

But both Rivera and Del Rio have been very open and transparent about that. Otherwise? The conflicts are normal ... and our sources say the reports of a planned breakup are wrong."

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/news/sources-clear-up-washington-football-team-del-rio-coaching-change-rumor

3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Not to take away from the growing sentiment that Snyder is the greatest owner in league history by hiring Ron Rivera, but back to the topic of this thread, anyone see the Post article discussing something about a decade-old settlement involving the team that has been kept confidential? Any more details on this?

The topic of the thread is not just about the ownership failings. Read the title again.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I just heard this mentioned 5 minutes ago. Would also love to hear more about this. 

Also, it's great that the team is doing well. Snyder made the right hire this time. That doesn't exonerate him from anything for me, and I still want that POS booted as badly as ever. If people don't want to think about that side of things right now, I guess I understand. But I'm able to separate the two entities right now and I can root for these players and this coaching staff without laying off one iota on my utter disgust and disdain for our owner. 

EDIT: Found this. Sure the Post article is more detailed, but I don't want to subscribe at this time:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2921385-wft-confidential-settlement-found-during-nfls-sexual-harassment-investigation

Edited by Dissident2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

But I'm able to separate the two entities right now and I can root for these players and this coaching staff without laying off one iota on my utter disgust and disdain for our owner. 

I think that's a good attitude. I'm not as into the team or league as a whole as I was in the past, but, like 2015, one of the things that is satisfying about watching this team down the stretch (and now both are 5-7 after 12 games) is that both are winning not by being the beneficiary of bad call, but by just overall solid play. I could argue that the Cincy game would've been more down to the wire if Burrow had stayed upright, but that's really about it.  Alex, who had the team at 6-3 in 2018 before his injury, is clearly the difference maker, and it'll be fun to see how the team performs for the rest of the season, as well as the decisions to be made going forward. 

11 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

.....a soon to be what now? (Sorry, after tonight’s win, i had to!)

with that being said, I’m not blaming anyone for talking ***^ about Snyder. That’s that other guy you responded to, before you (or anyone else) attacks me for that :) 

I guess I'll just believe it when I see it. They have shown flashes but it's not like that hasn't happened 4 or 5 times since Snyder took over in 1999, yet we know how these "runs" end. 

11 hours ago, KDawg said:

this reads like someone who hasn’t been watching the games. That’s not meant as a shot... but when you see this team play you realize how different it is.

I mean...is this really that much different than the win in Seattle a few years ago? It's not like this team hasn't had brief stretches like this in the past. Again, we'll see. 

And to both of you, I'll admit it's just difficult for me to get over the Snyder stuff...therefore I'm left to assume that the things he does won't yield success because, well, they never ever have. 

7 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I guess I'll just believe it when I see it. They have shown flashes but it's not like that hasn't happened 4 or 5 times since Snyder took over in 1999, yet we know how these "runs" end. 

I mean...is this really that much different than the win in Seattle a few years ago? It's not like this team hasn't had brief stretches like this in the past. Again, we'll see. 

And to both of you, I'll admit it's just difficult for me to get over the Snyder stuff...therefore I'm left to assume that the things he does won't yield success because, well, they never ever have. 

It's not THIS win that is the reason I'm saying the team is turning around. That's why I said it seems like you're not watching the games.

For all the bad Dan Snyder has done, this year he has nailed it in many, many ways:

Hiring RR, JDR

Firing Bruce and completely restructuring the front office

Staying out of the draft room and letting the pro's make the picks

Empowering RR to do whatever he feels is necessary to run the organization

On the field, the offseason additions and RR's decision to let the young kids play has paid off big time. Logan Thomas is now threatening to make the Pro Bowl. McKissic and Barber have been great pro's in the backfield. Very few moves have not worked (Shawn Davis comes to mind as one). Cam Sims, Reaves, signing both Darby and Fuller, all good decisions. NOT trading Kerrigan. Moving on from Trent doesn't even look so bad right now. 

Even the decision to just go with numbers on the helmets was a great one. Drinking a lot of Kool Aid today and I don't care where we pick in the draft if we're gonna keep winning football games. Gonna be a good workout at the gym today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

It's not THIS win that is the reason I'm saying the team is turning around. That's why I said it seems like you're not watching the games.

That's fair...I've been in and out, mostly whatever they show on Red Zone. Look, this team and their tradition is a part of my history and fabric, so there will be some pride if and when they ever become what they were during my childhood. 

But, and I've been pretty open about this and admitted there's likely a bias there, it's going to be difficult for me to acknowledge it or give it credit when the man at the helm is still Dan Snyder. I think he's awful and it clearly is tainting my judgment of his decisions/influence on this team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

Also, it's great that the team is doing well. Snyder made the right hire this time.

Just going on record, that Ron could win a Super Bowl here and I'm still not giving Dan an ounce of credit for his hire and would simply chalk it up to luck in that he eventually had to get something right, simply by the odds.  Just as I'll never pat him on the back for the other new hires that he was all but forced to make.   None of it will make up for the two decades of complete and utter suck that he's provided to both the fans and his employees.

50 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Hiring RR, JDR

Firing Bruce and completely restructuring the front office

Staying out of the draft room and letting the pro's make the picks

Empowering RR to do whatever he feels is necessary to run the organization

RR hired JDR.

How can we credit him for firing Bruce?  Considering he was basically forced to do so by the fanbase.

Why would I credit him for staying out of the draft room?  Seems a bit premature.

Same with empowering RR to do whatever he feels is necessary.  We're only in the honeymoon phase here.  A whole lot of premature credit being given out.

• Like 1