Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

My favorite line of his is "My hypocrisy only goes so far!" LOL  Wyatt wondering why Doc put his badge on a dead Johnny Ringo. 

Ok, my last tombstone comment. Hard to resist as it's one of my favorite movies of all time. 

This tombstone conversation is the best thing I've read on this board in a month.

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

Can you believe Michael Madsen passes on Pulp Fiction to be in Wyatt Earp?  Bonehead decision but I’m sure John Travolta didn’t mind ha

Wow, I didn't realize that.  I can't picture anybody else playing Travolta's role, and madsen is a great actor.  I forget the name of the movie when he is in the water yelling "YOU'RE WRONG!!!". Another very quotable line, although I usually don't say it myself, I just picture Madsen screaming it when I'm talking to my mother in law.

• Haha 2

Snyder thinks the name change will get him a new stadium .

The local leaders must never give Dan a stadium.

They must not reward the scumbag for doing the right thing; since the truth of what kind of organization he tolerates is out.

If we get change in government next year; the feds need to come in and investigate. There has to be laws that the Skins have violated.

22 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Kilmer was great, and Tombstone was awesome.  Wyatt Earp is a decent movie too (just start the movie when they get to tombstone, forget the first hour).  Dennis Quaid does a good doc Holliday too, but he didn't have nearly the one liners that kilmer did.  My personal favorite for kilmer is "pardon me if I don't shake hands".  In times of corona I am going to start saying that in my doc Holliday voice.

There are so many killer quotes from him in that movie...

Funny thing is I go through my favorite movie quotes and I gotta say alot of them are from him in various movies. Real Genious has some killer ones too.

15 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

This tombstone conversation is the best thing I've read on this board in a month.

You're welcome... ;)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Xameil said:

There are so many killer quotes from him in that movie...

Funny thing is I go through my favorite movie quotes and I gotta say alot of them are from him in various movies. Real Genious has some killer ones too.

You're welcome... ;)

“Your Mom puts license plates in your underwear?  How do you sit?”

don’t sleep on Top Secret for more great Val lines. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Snyder thinks the name change will get him a new stadium .

The local leaders must never give Dan a stadium.

They must not reward the scumbag for doing the right thing; since the truth of what kind of organization he tolerates is out.

If we get change in government next year; the feds need to come in and investigate. There has to be laws that the Skins have violated.

This is not necessarily direct solely at you but..

I think we all need to take a chill pill. Its not like we are not on this forum, all rooting for the team and even have hashtags symbolizing the team. We all knew about the cheerleader story and we all know about the latest. Yet we're still here. So besides this organization, who's culpable.That would be you. If its so important to your well-being, I think you'd be better served at stepping in front of a mirror? Or you need to face another fact. That is, we're football fans, rooting for our hometown team located in the epicenter for drama, politics, and conspiracy. The only ones not really ****ing with this area's bull**** are the players. They play football and don't have time to get caught up with stupid ****. But we do. We've been bred in this sludge. The Washington Post, 106.7 the fan and all the other media outlets cater to the fan base's general hunger for bull****. If not, they'd have a feel good story once every blue ****ing moon. But they don't. Its always doom and gloom. So with all that said, I believe that is the culture Ron needs to shift. The players are going to play. Hell players are here one day, gone the next. A good leader can change a organization fairly easy. But the media narrative, the mindset of the fans and eventually the national narrative is the challenge Ron faces. It's actually a perfect time for Ron to do it. Winning helps a lot. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, joeken24 said:

The Washington Post, 106.7 the fan and all the other media outlets cater to the fan base's general hunger for bull****. If not, they'd have a feel good story once every blue ****ing moon. But they don't. Its always doom and gloom. So with all that said, I believe that is the culture Ron needs to shift. The players are going to play. Hell players are here one day, gone the next. A good leader can change a organization fairly easy. But the media narrative, the mindset of the fans and eventually the national narrative is the challenge Ron faces. It's actually a perfect time for Ron to do it. Winning helps a lot.

Ok, I'll bite.

What do we have to be positive about under Dan Snyder? Our 2 playoff wins? What "feel good" story do the media have? We've drafted relatively well? Covered. Chase Young? Covered. This organization shoots itself in the foot over, and over, and over again--and you want happy sunshine and rainbows? This team. This organization is, has been, and will always be a dumpster fire under Snyder. There is nothing but doom and gloom with the petulant, soul less ass leading this team. And you can put that in caps.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I'm quickly starting to dislike Del Rio.  Coaches should be smarter and frankly, busier, than posting garbage on social media.  And no matter what they write, lets be honest, its garbage.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I'm quickly starting to dislike Del Rio.  Coaches should be smarter and frankly, busier, than posting garbage on social media.  And no matter what they write, lets be honest, its garbage.  

Ok, so, i understand why people don’t like the other couple of tweets he had earlier this month and June...but....what’s wrong with him saying “we will still go ahead and line up”? That’s a POSITIVE tweet....is it not?

3 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Kilmer was great, and Tombstone was awesome.  Wyatt Earp is a decent movie too (just start the movie when they get to tombstone, forget the first hour).  Dennis Quaid does a good doc Holliday too, but he didn't have nearly the one liners that kilmer did.  My personal favorite for kilmer is "pardon me if I don't shake hands".  In times of corona I am going to start saying that in my doc Holliday voice.

The story about the production of Tombstone is incredible. Kurt Russell essentially directed a ton of it himself as the studio had issues with the director. Every night he and Kilmer would go over the shooting schedule for the next day and tweak lines and such, and Kilmer was very aware and grateful that he got all the best lines as Russell was distracted pulling double duty to make sure their movie was actually finished. Very cool story of some actors who really believed in their movie and didn't ask for credit for it--literally Russell requested not to be credited for his work behind the camera. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Great idea, to play zero preseason games.

Incumbent coach or not.

I'll take my chances on that.

It's going to be tough for bubble players and rookies. Players like that need the extra game experience to make a good impression and either catch on with a team, or get their career started to begin with. The elimination of pre-season, along with off-season restrictions thus far due to COVID, means it's going to be rough for them. 

24 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

It's going to be tough for bubble players and rookies. Players like that need the extra game experience to make a good impression and either catch on with a team, or get their career started to begin with. The elimination of pre-season, along with off-season restrictions thus far due to COVID, means it's going to be rough for them. 

May be true, but it's a situation where, no matter which avenue you take, there will be sacrifices and a price to pay.

You just have to choose the one with the least consequences.

There just isn't an option available with no 'cost'

This sucks double because due to the depth and strength of this claas, this was one of the deepest and most talented UDFA crops in recent memory. There are going to be lots of dreams killed before they have a chance to take their first breath, as always, but many will be guys who could have made an NFL roster with a bit more experience and tape to flash on. 

Not only are they missing the preseason games, but NFL coaching staffs will be necessarily incentivized (by the short offseason and lack of live snaps) to give less looks to these types of players, as vets and higher pedigree rookies will need all the snaps they can handle to be as close to ready as possible for week 1. 

The NFL should compensate by adding an extra ten roster spots or so, if not this season then next off-season, also holding at that time a sort of "left behind by Covid" combine for young FA's and late round picks who got screwed out of what would be considered their normal opportunity, a chance to impress NFL coaches and compete with the next crop of picks and UDFA's (again, with extra roster spots or practice squad spots to compensate). 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ok, so, i understand why people don’t like the other couple of tweets he had earlier this month and June...but....what’s wrong with him saying “we will still go ahead and line up”? That’s a POSITIVE tweet....is it not?

Agreed. I like this tweet. No excuses. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, joeken24 said:

This is not necessarily direct solely at you but..

I think we all need to take a chill pill. Its not like we are not on this forum, all rooting for the team and even have hashtags symbolizing the team. We all knew about the cheerleader story and we all know about the latest. Yet we're still here. So besides this organization, who's culpable.That would be you. If its so important to your well-being, I think you'd be better served at stepping in front of a mirror? Or you need to face another fact. That is, we're football fans, rooting for our hometown team located in the epicenter for drama, politics, and conspiracy. The only ones not really ****ing with this area's bull**** are the players. They play football and don't have time to get caught up with stupid ****. But we do. We've been bred in this sludge. The Washington Post, 106.7 the fan and all the other media outlets cater to the fan base's general hunger for bull****. If not, they'd have a feel good story once every blue ****ing moon. But they don't. Its always doom and gloom. So with all that said, I believe that is the culture Ron needs to shift. The players are going to play. Hell players are here one day, gone the next. A good leader can change a organization fairly easy. But the media narrative, the mindset of the fans and eventually the national narrative is the challenge Ron faces. It's actually a perfect time for Ron to do it. Winning helps a lot. 

All the Washington NoNames have to do to turn the media more positive is win consistently.  Not the odd playoff appearance between disasters, but a consistently winning respectable team.  That and avoid magnificent scandals like the one detailed in the post recently.  It just takes a minimum standard of professionalism off the field and some competence on it and *poof* like magic the positive news will spring up again.

Wouldn't hurt to move the media lot closer to the stadium.... or at least pave the damn thing. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Does JDR really need to play on social media though? Just to win pissing contests?

At some stage he’ll cross the line or get drawn in by someone. 

Play with fire and all that. Just leave it alone.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
  • Like 2

Russell on the air just now saying he's checked out Bateman with multiple people who know him-worked with him.

Their take:

A. He's a status quo kind of guy. He's unlikely to bring change but will more likely blend it to how things roll

B. He doesn't abuse people. He's nice to your face.  He has an even temperament. Some people there have tempers, and will berate people. Bateman isn't like that.

C.  Some see him though as slimy.  If he wants to get to you, he will have someone else do the dirty work for him

• Thanks 1