Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

I just want Snyder gone. He is such a loser. 

Lol...I'm sorry...I see your name, then think about one of the rumored new owners being Bezos and then I cant help but reading this and hearing it Alexa's voice from my Echo....

19 hours ago, Number 44 said:

I don't see why any draft picks would be forfeited.

I thought the taking if drafts picks was a sanction used only when the offense affected the competitive balance of the game, like the things that Belichek routinely seems to "accidentally" do.

Like the penalty must fit the crime.

Along those lines, the NFL should have the 15 women (assuming they're not lying/exaggerating their claims) sit in Dan's office at Redskins park while eating shrimp ****tails and sipping on 25 year scotch, while Dan's in the kitchen down the hallway repeatedly being kicked in the nuts by Mark Mosley.  Toe syle.  They won't have any idea it's happening either.

9 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Really?!?!..I'm not the only one to say it like how in the...you must have not read his post

I saw that part, but he said it the correct way. You always say “how and the ****”, which, if you realize, is NOT what he said. So, yes, you ARE the only one who says it incorrectly 😂

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I saw that part, but he said it the correct way. You always say “how and the ****”, which, if you realize, is NOT what he said. So, yes, you ARE the only one who says it incorrectly 😂

Well I'll be...lol thanks man hahahaha 

I know some have an issue with King due to his HOF voting record and for some, him spearheading the name issue years ago (which many will now admit was the right move), but I think we can all get behind that article right now. That narrative needs to be pushed, and hard.

• Like 2

https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/sports/article/21140499/dan-snyder-put-a-toxic-power-structure-in-place-that-allowed-for-abuse

The stories about former sales executive Dennis Greene? Heard them. About former personnel executive Alex Santos? Heard them. Snyder’s belittling tirades? Heard those too. 

And why did they all do it? Because they could.

Eventually, the misconducts pile up. Someone goes too far and too many people know. The armor of the patriarchy can only sustain so many breaks. 

It took a team of highly skilled reporters at one of the best journalism outfits in the country more than two years to break the Washington football team’s barriers down and still Michael was allowed to walk away on his terms without a peep from the team the day before the story dropped. 

Now the story is out. The tide has turned. The power has shifted. 

There are two more questions that remain:

First, what more is out there? Now that the power is in the hands of those wronged, who else will step forward with currently untold trauma of their time in Ashburn? Who else will be implicated and of what? Because there are more stories. They are not mine to tell and the extremely personal choice to tell them lies with each victim. But just know there are more stories and there are more men who have spent time in Ashburn who should be terrified right now about what could be shared about them. 

Second, what about the owner?

Snyder hasn’t fielded questions in more than a decade. He is as cowardly as he is incompetent. He has displayed zero leadership skills and that is a liability to the NFL, considering he leads a multi-billion dollar organization. 

“The behavior described in yesterday’s Washington Post article has no place in our franchise or society,” Snyder said in a statement that took no accountability for that behavior. “This story has strengthened my commitment to setting a new culture and standard for our team, a process that began with the hiring of Coach [Ron] Rivera earlier this year.”

But this toxic culture has festered for years under Snyder’s ownership, and he is attempting to turn Rivera into former team president Bruce Allen, a human shield for his inability to be held accountable. 

Allen was abysmal at that. He was less a shield and more of a punching bag that ejected the worst possible reply when hit. It was less than a year ago that he declared in front of reporters during a press conference announcing the firing coach Jay Gruden that “the culture is damn good.”

Rivera appears to genuinely want to change the culture, but even then, it shouldn’t be on a first-year head coach—who ironically has been through the a similar situation with Jerry Richardson, the former Carolina Panthers owner who was forced to sell the team after his incidents of sexual harassment and use of a racial slur were uncovered in 2017—to fix and create a new team culture. 

It should be on Snyder to answer for what has happened and how he should fix it. Hiring a high price attorney like Beth Wilkinson won’t do that. Frankly neither will anything else Snyder does because this is who he is. 

Lack of accountability is Snyder’s brand. The Post did not implicate him in any misdeeds, but that’s irrelevant. He is the reason why it happened and there is no reason to believe he wouldn’t let it happen again. He needs to go and he needs to go now.

There is power in the moment to make a difference. The NFL should use it. We should all use it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

It’s a shame. I remember when this team mattered."

This is kinda what keeps me here.  I remember when the team mattered, too.  And there have been glimpses of it over the Snyder era, just not long enough to last.  The two Gibbs II playoff runs, the year where RG3 was amazing.  That's really it.

It's just really sad to see how far this franchise has fallen under Snyder.  

The Hoffman article I posted above also referenced that there are more stories out there that might come out.  I know Russell saying that over the weekend was greeted at least by one person here with a yawn. I get the skepticism some might have with Russell.  But as I said then, Sheehan for months has hinted of hearing stories.   The dude who wrote the story in the WP said he has been hit up with other rumors. 

My point is this might not be over for Dan.  And I do think a 2nd heavy handed story might be the kicker to finally put some real heat on the dude. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Hoffman article I posted above also referenced that there are more stories out there that might come out.  I know Russell saying that over the weekend was greeted at least by one person here with a yawn. I get the skepticism some might have with Russell.  But as I said then, Sheehan for months has hinted of hearing stories.   The dude who wrote the story in the WP said he has been hit up with other rumors. 

My point is this might not be over for Dan.  And I do think a 2nd heavy handed story might be the kicker to finally put some real heat on the dude. 

He didn't dive real deep into it, but Doc Walker also said that he thinks there will be more that comes out.

• Like 1

Just now, spjunkies said:

He didn't dive real deep into it, but Doc Walker also said that he thinks there will be more that comes out.

Hoffman and Russell's hints are similar.  There are other tawdry type stories that they've heard of that will be real damaging if the people involved (victims?) talked.

Sheehan's hints didn't give the vibe of anything specific but just that he's heard some wild stories about what goes on there and he's said if you think this team is dysfunctional then if people knew some of the stories he's heard they'd think it's even worse than it looks. 

Multiple hints over the years from the 106.7 guys about how there is mega drinking that goes on at Redskins Park and Dan is a part of that.  

The WP reporter hinted that he'd been hit up with new stuff after they published the story and they might chase some of those rumors.

Yeah I don't get the vibe this is definitely over for Dan. Will see. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I know some have an issue with King due to his HOF voting record and for some, him spearheading the name issue years ago (which many will now admit was the right move), but I think we can all get behind that article right now. That narrative needs to be pushed, and hard.

Which article?  Have been gone for 2 days and must have missed it. 

Dan hired a killer to represent him, her forte is getting multi billion dollar companies off the hook, not to audit their HR practices.

All the signs point to the fact there is more to the story and Dan has lawyered up appropriately to get ready.

Lets hope these women don't take any settlement offers or its possible we'll never know what happened.

13 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Which article?  Have been gone for 2 days and must have missed it. 

It was posted right above my reply on this page I believe. More of an opinion piece I guess.

I agree with those saying that what we need right now is another story to hammer home on top of this one, before the heat cools. You know it's out there...we just have to hope someone is courageous enough to get it written. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hoffman and Russell's hints are similar.  There are other tawdry type stories that they've heard of that will be real damaging if the people involved (victims?) talked.

Sheehan's hints didn't give the vibe of anything specific but just that he's heard some wild stories about what goes on there and he's said if you think this team is dysfunctional then if people knew some of the stories he's heard they'd think it's even worse than it looks. 

Multiple hints over the years from the 106.7 guys about how there is mega drinking that goes on at Redskins Park and Dan is a part of that.  

The WP reporter hinted that he'd been hit up with new stuff after they published the story and they might chase some of those rumors.

Yeah I don't get the vibe this is definitely over for Dan. Will see. 

It's gotta be worse than what was reported in the WaPo to get Snyder out, as much as I hate to say it.  If the NFL really gave a **** about sexual harassment they'd do something other than impose a fine and a wrist slap.  If another article comes out with more of the same, it's just exactly that...more of the same.  Mega drinking doesn't move the needle, either.  

The thing here is that...Snyder doesn't take any blame.  All that gets reported about Snyder is what a douchebag he's been to low ranking employees.  And it looks like he's already going to skate on this one, he might get a slap on the wrist but that's it.  It doesn't matter if he knew about the sexual harassment reports that were in the WaPo, he didn't participate in it.

I'll say it as simply as I can:  If the goal is to get Snyder forced out of the league, he has to have broken a law somewhere and someone has to report on it.  Period.  That, or he needs to be caught on tape saying some Donald Sterling-type stuff.  During all the rampant speculation that was happening leading up to the release of the WaPo article, I was hoping that it was the money laundering rumor that would be correct because there'd be no possible way for him to keep the team at that point.  

Snyder is here to stay, unfortunately.  

It's going to take a credible report of active misconduct by Dan personally for the league to dump him. More stories of underlings harassing women aren't going to do it.

It wouldn't surprise me if a high percentage of women who set foot in Redskins Park for any length of time were harassed at least a little. Purely for the utility of getting rid of Dan, it won't matter a bit unless he was personally involved with the acts or keeping them under wraps.

Edit: Spaceman Spiff and I were writing basically the same thing at the same time... 😄

Edited by profusion

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I had to look him up, a long time best friend of Snyder who has been the Redskins CMO for many years on multiple occassions.  Became CMO in 2006.  I believe Bateman was then replaced by Lafemina when he came in, and then Bateman was the one who ran the "we fired Lafemina" meeting a year later.  He has had some exec role for the Redskins for the past 14 years or so, so just a slight change in title.  Hes been the Redskins Executive Vice President for a number of years, just seems maybe not last year? He was a long time member of that exec culture, so I think it would be quite something for Snyder if a month after he gets "hired" allegations come out against him.

Edited by Peregrine
  • Thanks 1