Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

This thread has already flamed out. Just today, not much action. Dan is here to stay.

Not really much more to discuss, the fix was in as soon as the league announced that they would allow the team to conduct their own internal investigation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Not really much more to discuss, the fix was in as soon as the league announced that they would allow the team to conduct their own internal investigation. 

the feeding frenzy had died too. Like 0 to 100 and back to 0 in two days :ols:

• Sad 1

Snyder would never get rid of those NDAs and he will have a perfectly good reason not to. Company "secrets" are not to be told to others, it can damage the rep and hurt the business. Now, the language in it should absolutely change, especially if people are afraid of being sued just because they're coming forward with wrongdoings. That's not what those are supposed to be used for. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Snyder would never get rid of those NDAs and he will have a perfectly good reason not to. Company "secrets" are not to be told to others, it can damage the rep and hurt the business. Now, the language in it should absolutely change, especially if people are afraid of being sued just because they're coming forward with wrongdoings. That's not what those are supposed to be used for. 

Might be tricky, but I agree that NDAs should have an "out" clause for company matters that revolve around investigations into wrongdoings.

• Thanks 1

Let's see what the corporate sponsors do. By the reports that the other NFL owners were underwhelmed by Snyder on that video conference and no reports of the minority ownership of this franchise being involved in the abuse stories. If you add in sponsors bailing, the league could probably pivot to an external investigation quickly, if they wanted. 

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

6 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Your company is taking a risk, that's just a fact, it's never wise to be that understaffed in any area. God bless the guy who has that job in your company. 

First off...every company I have worked in has been understaffed in HR...that is just reality.

Secondly..our HR person isnt a guy...its a woman...dont be sexist...

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

In one sense, I wonder if Dan dodged a bullet because the news cycle is consumed with the pandemic and other important stories. It's hard for a local sports' story to gain traction even if it is deserving.

Sure seems like it had massive traction prior to release, unfortunately I think most believe it's not as bad as was expecting.

7 minutes ago, Xameil said:

First off...every company I have worked in has been understaffed in HR...that is just reality.

Secondly..our HR person isnt a guy...its a woman...dont be sexist...

Okay since every company you worked for is understaffed, most of them must be like that. That's not a very big sample size. Understaffed HR is actually a very old business structure that people were finding wasn't a good idea. Many newer businesses are not keeping their HR understaffed. 

Sexist? Quite the stretch there. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

19 minutes ago, Burgold said:

In one sense, I wonder if Dan dodged a bullet because the news cycle is consumed with the pandemic and other important stories. It's hard for a local sports' story to gain traction even if it is deserving.

Probably, look what it's done for the Astros.  That scandal was all the rage right before the pandemic hit.  Now no one seems to remember it, except Trevor Bauer.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

This team can't even self destruct correctly. What an absolute embarrassment. We could be at no owner, no name, best draft pick, tons of cap, vet respected coach, but we're ****ing up falling apart. Worst sport franchise ever. We'd be so much better with the old lady that accidentally owned the Rams for a while. 

Damn, ain't that the truth 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Okay since every company you worked for is understaffed, most of them must be like that. That's not a very big sample size. Understaffed HR is actually a very old business structure that people were finding wasn't a good idea. Many newer businesses are not keeping their HR understaffed. 

Sexist? Quite the stretch there. 

Lol..I work with ALOT of business around the world...sorry...most are understaffed..

Lol not really a stretch...you said guy in my HR department...so you assumed it was a guy..its not...its a woman..hence sexist...

Snyder once again screws us over. You don’t change the name when you are forced to. You change the name ahead of time, because now it just seems blantly forced. 

Despite that, we as fans, still rallied around the team and were looking forward to a new beginning, but this jerk, has us dealing with the culture now. 

Sell the damn team.

Edited by dyst
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Lol..I work with ALOT of business around the world...sorry...most are understaffed..

Lol not really a stretch...you said guy in my HR department...so you assumed it was a guy..its not...its a woman..hence sexist...

Maybe your field of business is like that, who knows. A better comparison would have been to compare the Washington TBA HR staff to other NFL teams. It's much less broad, and easier to get an idea of where the team stands. 

Im also going to assume most of the businesses you deal with have a reporting process which was my main concern anyways lol.