Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

In one sense, I wonder if Dan dodged a bullet because the news cycle is consumed with the pandemic and other important stories. It's hard for a local sports' story to gain traction even if it is deserving.

Don’t worry, I’m sure he’ll drop the new name sooner than previously believed so that he can hide behind that hoopla.  He’s a master.

Edited by -JB-

4 hours ago, Burgold said:

In one sense, I wonder if Dan dodged a bullet because the news cycle is consumed with the pandemic and other important stories. It's hard for a local sports' story to gain traction even if it is deserving.

Dan will be fine.

Wait till people see Chase in pads and they debut a NEW name.

Dan will not be fine.  Sure, there wont be any major new news dropped in the next couple of days, but there are people right now collecting sources and information for whats to come out in the coming months.  The advantage Snyder has is a massive amount of money, people afraid of being sued, and the main players all terrified of also being taken down for their their parts in it.

But the main disadvantage he has is that these days everyone hates him, he has more enemies than even he can keep track of, and he just had a bunch of enemies get emboldened by those who have now put a voice to the truth.  His support has been going downhill for the past decade, with scandals getting more and more prevalent, and this didnt reverse the course, but accelerated it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Sure this seems like a missed opportunity but I’m not concerned, Snyder will screw up again, he always does. It’s sort of his thing. One might say its his talent.

He certainly does...but never quite enough to end the reign. Instead, we as fans keep ending up with egg on our face because our love for the team. I completely understand why so many are considering walking away from it all. The thought has crossed my mind as well. Never thought that would be remotely possible with my 40 years of fandom. 

• Like 1

Debra Katz, a Washington lawyer who has been tackling sexual harassment cases for three decades, explains how nondisclosure agreements (NDAs) support a cycle of secrecy about harassment and assault cases within cheerleading. An NDA is a contract by which one or more parties agree not to disclose confidential information that they have shared with each other as a necessary part of doing business together.

“When employees with little power sign [NDAs], it creates an environment where sexual harassment or improper pay can proceed because people are fearful of speaking out,” Katz said. “Anytime you have a profession or an industry where sexual harassment can be anticipated, putting someone under an NDA is designed to clearly protect the image and the team.” Katz said in an interview with The New York Times.

• Like 2

The key for me is, “did he know”?

If he did, he’s a scumbag.

If he didn’t, he’s obviously not connected and out of touch... which makes him a poor leader... but not a scumbag. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3

Dan Snyder draws his identity from this franchise.  If we want to take back this franchice, we're gonna have to pry this franchise from his cold dead hands.  So you know what Dan, you can have it.  You want it that much?  Have it.  **** you  and **** the Washington Whatevers.  Im done.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If he didn’t, he’s obviously not connected and out of touch... which makes him a poor leader... but not a scumbag. 

"As you may be aware, when the past issues outlined in the article were initially brought to our attention, they were addressed at the time."

After a total lack of empathy for the victims, another lousy communication from him, he should have given us the specifics.

He is not involved directly but is guilty by association, he is a control freak and lives there, no way he was not aware of the rumblings imo.

"The Post story also alleges team owner Dan Snyder demeaned a former executive who was a “cheerleader in college.”

That's not the first time he turned a blind eye on this kind of despicable behavior. I also hope one way or another Brucifer will have to testify  about "the damn good culture".

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, FrFan said:

"As you may be aware, when the past issues outlined in the article were initially brought to our attention, they were addressed at the time."

After a total lack of empathy for the victims, another lousy communication from him, he should have given us the specifics.

He is not involved directly but is guilty by association, he is a control freak and lives there, no way he was not aware of the rumblings imo.

"The Post story also alleges team owner Dan Snyder demeaned a former executive who was a “cheerleader in college.”

That's not the first time he turned a blind eye on this kind of despicable behavior. I also hope one way or another Brucifer will have to testify  about "the damn good culture".

Yeah, reading between the lines, I think he had to know. More importantly, after the cheerleader story broke he had to know about that and this seems related. Wouldn't a basic investigation of "We don't treat our cheerleaders that way!" turn up other issues, especially with Bruce sitting thirty feet away from co-workers who are constantly breaking down in tears because of harassment. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dyst said:

How does an NDA even protect mistreatment. I can understand it protecting trade secrets or procedural  processes but how iron clad can it be that you can’t even say “I was harassed”.

My understanding is that it can’t.  No NDA or any contract is binding if the actions reach an illegal level. 

for example, if you witness a murder no NDA can prevent you from stepping forward. Likewise, an NDA is not a shield against sexual assault. 

The question is did the behaviors rise to that level?

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Hitman#21 said:

Dan will be fine.

Wait till people see Chase in pads and they debut a NEW name.

That new name is going to be another sticking point. There's a 100% chance that the name change sparks angst amongst the fans. The name's going to be wrong. The colors are going to be terrible. The logo is going to be awful. It's going to be a bad knock-off of the Redskins, which in itself was poorly run organization with a recent history of incredible failure and shame. Imagine being a caricature of THAT.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Either way, there's plenty of evidence that he's a scumbag. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Springfield said:

That new name is going to be another sticking point. There's a 100% chance that the name change sparks angst amongst the fans. The name's going to be wrong. The colors are going to be terrible. The logo is going to be awful. It's going to be a bad knock-off of the Redskins, which in itself was poorly run organization with a recent history of incredible failure and shame. Imagine being a caricature of THAT.

What do you have against purple and orange plaid? 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Burgold said:

What do you have against purple and orange plaid? 

Hell Burg, if that's ALL it was... I'd probably be ok. I can handle some ugly colors and be proud. Look at all the people who think the Maryland flag is something special (it isn't). The have a decent football team (it's PURPLE) and plaster that **** everywhere.

But No! This organization has shown itself time and time again, to be terribly managed at best and a den of snakes who want to live out their sexual fantasies with women fresh out of college (or still in college) at the tip. On the field, they can't even muster performances to drown out the off the field stuff. So here we are, with some colors that are kinda ugly and nothing to be proud of. Don't get me started on how burgundy and gold is best suited for the colors of American Indians, cause it is.

It's just a flaming mess and I'm certain that Snyder is going to make it even worse. The new team name and color scheme is going to be awful. Guaranteed.

Edited by Springfield
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Hell Burg, if that's ALL it was... I'd probably be ok. I can handle some ugly colors and be proud. Look at all the people who think the Maryland flag is something special (it isn't). The have a decent football team (it's PURPLE) and plaster that **** everywhere.

But No! This organization has shown itself time and time again, to be terribly managed at best and a den of snakes who want to live out their sexual fantasies with women fresh out of college (or still in college) at the tip. On the field, they can't even muster performances to drown out the off the field stuff. So here we are, with some colors that are kinda ugly and nothing to be proud of. Don't get me started on how burgundy and gold is best suited for the colors of American Indians, cause it is.

It's just a flaming mess and I'm certain that Snyder is going to make it even worse. The new team name and color scheme is going to be awful. Guaranteed.

I can't argue with any of that :(

I'm not particularly in arms anymore over the name or color scheme. I think we might have gotten the right coach given the mess we've made of this team and I think Kyle Smith has some talent. Alex Santos departure is probably a good thing. He seemed like a lousy guy and while our drafts have been pretty good our free agency has been pretty sketchy. On the other hand, the bigger issue, the rot or mold within this team, is one that's all but impossible to ignore. I like rooting for a team worthy of being supported.

Right now, the Redskins are not that. Joe Gibbs teams were great teams on every level. I personally don't believe Snyder could have been unaware. After the cheerleading incident any basic review of the personnel should have revealed this. They chose to ignore it, foster it, and let human beings suffer. For those reasons, atop of twenty years of poor decision making on and off the field, this team needs to undergo change. Rivera can probably be part of that and help to begin it, but I don't see how Snyder can be part of a positive turnaround.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FrFan said:

“When employees with little power sign [NDAs], it creates an environment where sexual harassment or improper pay can proceed because people are fearful of speaking out,” Katz said. “Anytime you have a profession or an industry where sexual harassment can be anticipated, putting someone under an NDA is designed to clearly protect the image and the team.” Katz said in an interview with The New York Times.

I get all this, however, I thought (and I could be wrong) that NDAs were null and void if there was criminal activity.  There is nothing an employer can do to prevent an employee to report criminal activity.  Especially to the authorities.  

What I find somewhat fascinating is with all of these allegations, I don't think there is one single case which has been brought against either the organization or any of the individuals.  This isn't my area of expertise, but I thought you could file cases and keep the victim's name confidential.  

The shortest path for Dan to be in trouble is if these women, and probably many others, somehow lawyered up and sued the pants off of the organization for some type of organization misconduct/negligence, etc.    We've seen these types of law suits before, and they are seriously messy.  You'd need a high-powered lawyer to pick up the case pro bono, most likely, because it would be massively expensive, and Dan would try and bleed the plaintiffs dry by just stalling through legal proceedings. 

Absent, that, my guess is there is going to be a ton of swirl and very little action.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I get all this, however, I thought (and I could be wrong) that NDAs were null and void if there was criminal activity.  There is nothing an employer can do to prevent an employee to report criminal activity.  Especially to the authorities

The shortest path for Dan to be in trouble is if these women, and probably many others, somehow lawyered up and sued the pants off of the organization for some type of organization misconduct/negligence

Two things. The NDA probably prohibits talking to reporters, etc. But not pressing charges.

As for a suit, you'd have to imagine there was a payout to these women to alleviate that risk.

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The new team name and color scheme is going to be awful. Guaranteed.

I don't know about all that.  There are so many good fan created proposals out there, I'm sure they're consulting with some high-power branding people, I think they have a decent shot of getting that "not wrong." I don't think there is a "right."  They have said they don't want to change the basic burgundy and gold (which I really appreciate), regardless of what they pick, I think there is a better than even money chance it's actually pretty good.

Now, there is definitely going to be a bell curve, no matter what they choose.  10% will hate it no matter what, 10% will immediately fall in love with it, and the remaining 20% will lean to not like it, 20% will lean to like it, and the rest (50%) will just be in the middle.  At least, that's unless they come up with something as atrocious as the Washington Wizards with their original logo, which was a crime against branding.  I doubt that's going to happen.  

However, this might be the easiest of all of the things to "get right" at the moment.  Which is absolutely WILD.  If you said a year ago the name change would not be the top of the list of things the organization had to deal with, I'd have slapped you on the side of the head with a dead fish to get some sense into you.  But they can get the name/logo thing right.

The culture is so much harder to deal with.  

• Thanks 1