Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

6 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Anybody have a sub to The Athletic?

Some snippets:

“Dan was nothing but good to me and the people (within the organization),” said McCloughan, who credited Snyder with providing any needed resources during his time in Washington. “Yeah, he’s taking a bath right now. I’ve been around four different owners in my professional career. He’s the best. We’re talking Green Bay. They don’t have a single owner, but a committee. Of course, San Fran. The York family, the DeBartolo’s. Great, great people. The whole package. Paul Allen. Phenomenal in Seattle. Dan Snyder is right there. He was not a bad owner.”

“(Dan) cares about people. I’ve been in the NFL way too long and have seen owners that don’t, and I’ve been lucky enough to be in organizations that they do. And he’s no different than the ones that won Super Bowls in the last 10 years. No different. He does not wish ill will on anybody. Is he a tough guy about wanting to win games? Heck yeah, but people respect that, especially in the building. For (anyone) to think he was all about the Redskins no matter what and not about the people is wrong. He cared about people.”

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I will say this also, and then let it rest, because I don’t like that I have been forced into a position of defending Dan Snyder. He deserves a lot of criticism.   

Joe Gibbs always speaks highly of him.  Joe Gibbs helped him hire Rivera last Winter.

I doubt anybody here wants to question Joe Gibbs integrity.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Ok, that's the first time I've ever seen a video interview conducted by a 10-year old while the interviewee is sitting in a barber chair getting his hair cut. Props. 

The Dundee for "Worst Audio Ever" goes to ....

Sounded like a bunch of toddlers were riding squeaky tricycles around the room lol...

9 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Anybody have a sub to The Athletic?

A few more:

“What’s going on with the organization, I should have been aware of it,” said McCloughan, who put the onus on himself and former team president Bruce Allen since “we were in the building every day. … I think it happens in every organization I’ve been in. It’s just pinpointing (Washington) because the investigation had certain texts from certain people.”

McCloughan agreed that Snyder deserves blame for actions occurring within the organization, but with the owner not around team headquarters daily, “how much can he know,” the former executive wondered. “There are things that go on inside the building every single day. If you’re not there, you’re not aware of three-quarters of issues because the focus is on the team winning during the season. … I didn’t know about the harassment. I guarantee you if Dan knew or Bruce and I knew we would have fixed it right away.”

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Painkiller said:

I will say this also, and then let it rest, because I don’t like that I have been forced into a position of defending Dan Snyder. He deserves a lot of criticism.   

Joe Gibbs always speaks highly of him.  Joe Gibbs helped him hire Rivera last Winter.

I'm not going to question the man's integrity, but I am definitely questioning his instincts and ability to smell a rat. 

Quite frankly, the consistent praise Gibbs has given Snyder over the years - despite the results, the drama, the scandals, etc. - has disappointed me. Makes it seem like he's simply out of touch with reality or else easily hoodwinked by a different side of Snyder that's shown to very few others. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

Its the only amazon review i need on the guy.

Dan will hopefully find the right captains(that can deal with him too)

Edited by Gibbit

not sure how much of this article I'm allowed to post...so will just do sentences here and there:

“They weren’t bad people,” McCloughan said broadly of the individuals he worked with at Washington. “They weren’t and I’ve been around bad people. … Dan, for sure, wasn’t. Bruce wasn’t. (Former lead counsel) Eric Schaffer wasn’t. And that’s the dead truth. I have no reason not to tell the truth. If I wanted to, I could have (ripped the organization). And, of course, I didn’t. And I wouldn’t.”

"I’m disappointed that it happened. It should never happen in any profession whatsoever. Me being around football as long as I have been, I know that stuff goes on."

I'm honestly not cherry-picking lol...Scot is vomiting praise all over Snyder.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

The first time I head about Bibbs saying he and Gruden were both...uh...making the acquaintance of the same young lady (lol), some part of me believed it.

I just hope that if it is NOT true, that some poor receptionist with the Redskins doesn't pay the price for this story.

Oh I agree entirely. Would be completely awful if it was a made up story. 

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

“There are things that go on inside the building every single day. If you’re not there, you’re not aware of three-quarters of issues because the focus is on the team winning during the season. … I didn’t know about the harassment. I guarantee you if Dan knew or Bruce and I knew we would have fixed it right away.”

LMAO. Oh, Scott. You didn't know because you were too busy giving "scoops" to certain reporters. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I'm honestly not cherry-picking lol...Scot is vomiting praise all over Snyder.

Read the entire article, after everything that happened this is so strange to me that this man would take time out of his day to defend Dan (and to a lesser extent Bruce).  Why not just stay quiet?  Very strange

• Haha 1

Just now, Dissident2 said:

LMAO. Oh, Scott. You didn't know because you were too busy giving "scoops" to certain reporters. 

I love how Scott goes out of his way and defends Bruce, you know that guy just has gobs of dirt on people. 

1 minute ago, ggarriso said:

Read the entire article, after everything that happened this is so strange to me that this man would take time out of his day to defend Dan (and to a lesser extent Bruce).  Why not just stay quiet?  Very strange

I believe Scott's judgement on football talent a lot more than his judgement on character. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Hes probably just trying to take accountability for his own ****ups. Its part of the process of cleaning up your act

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

Snyder has put alot of green in Gibbs pocket, he also gets treated really well by Snyder.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Because his conduct in the workplace under this old regime was horrendous, he was part of this problem. So it's in his best interest to stay on the team's good side. Both specifically in regards to being exposed in a potential story like this, and for his future job prospects. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Yeah, when I finished the article I was like

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Because his conduct in the workplace under this old regime was horrendous, he was part of this problem. So it's in his best interest to stay on the team's good side. Both specifically in regards to being exposed in a potential story like this, and for his future job prospects. 

If that's the case, it would have been in his best interest to just keep fishing.

Instead, he contacted the media, not the other way around. He has now put himself right in the spotlight.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Christ Scotty. Just chill with this ****. 

Of course he would say that though, given the rumors about his conduct. 

Aren't all Washington TBA employees supposed to sign NDAs? That basically means if you aren't going to say anything nice about the workplace, don't say anything at all. If you don't do this, the team will sue you into the ground. Can anyone imagine Scott saying anything differently? The dude probably cleared $20k for this. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

I mean would we really put it past someone who is still tight with Scot, possibly Kyle or a scout, to ask him to defend the team? His conduct here kind of puts him under their thumb, potentially. And this is not making anyone's job easier, especially if they have sketchy behavior of their own, who knows. 

Or he just...loves Dan for some reason.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I mean would we really put it past someone who is still tight with Scot, possibly Kyle or a scout, to ask him to defend the team? His conduct here kind of puts him under their thumb, potentially. And this is not making anyone's job easier, especially if they have sketchy behavior of their own, who knows. 

Or he just...loves Dan for some reason.

He's been consistent in his praise for Snyder over the years. Far less so for Bruce. But Snyder has always gotten praise from Scot from the nanosecond he was hired through the firing and interviews afterwards up to this Athletic article. He's never wavered, to the point that I don't think anyone would have to ask him to do what he did...

This was how the article started (don't think I posted this earlier):

Former Washington Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan spent part of his Friday afternoon at a lake near his Colorado home with two things on his mind: How to lure Walleye toward his fishing pole and how to help defend his former boss, Dan Snyder.

The former makes sense for a relaxing hobby even if one is challenged to imagine the noted NFL Draft talent evaluator not reviewing game tape. As for backing Snyder, for many familiar with his exit from Washington, that sounds like the ultimate fish tale.

[...]Yet McCloughan stopped focusing on the yellow pike briefly to pick up his cell phone, call a reporter and heap praise on a man receiving withering criticism after 17 women including 15 team employees allege sexual and verbal abuse by former team employees.

“I want to get something out there from my standpoint. That I had nothing but a positive experience with Dan Snyder. Nothing but positive,” McCloughan told The Athletic.

Edited by Califan007
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Dan) cares about people. I’ve been in the NFL way too long and have seen owners that don’t, and I’ve been lucky enough to be in organizations that they do. And he’s no different than the ones that won Super Bowls in the last 10 years. No different. He does not wish ill will on anybody. Is he a tough guy about wanting to win games? Heck yeah, but people respect that, especially in the building. For (anyone) to think he was all about the Redskins no matter what and not about the people is wrong. He cared about people

we got it, Scot. Dan Snyder is a football owner 

So...who to believe..the women that said they dont think Snyder had any knowledge of it, the disgruntled cut player, who again...no direct knowledge, even goes as far to say that Snyder is racist ( knowing Redskins history does anyone believe that part?) but says snyder must have known, or the fired employee who has every right to throw his ex boss under the bus, but defends him instead. He didnt have to do anything...he chose to support.

I'm not saying one way or another....just putting the score card together. 

I'll even throw in another factor...2 of those were done by actual reporters....the other...not so much.  

Nothing from Arrington? Nothing from any other player yet? Just....Bibbs...

I can believe his Gruden story more because of Swearingers report and shown text messages...but again...give us proof on Snyder...

• Like 1