Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I agree to an extent, but I think this is worse for Snyder than most do.  The environment and appetite to sweep these things under the rug seems to be less than years past.

I think the league gets ahead of this one. I think Dan is toast.

I don't know, Bibbs is gonna have to go on the record with more details about the Snyder stuff, with an actual reporter, for this to take off. Another IG vid isn't gonna do it.

3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

If the beat writers dont pick up this interview from a former player confirming that stuff, then thats pretty suspicious to me.

To play devil’s advocate if Bibbs has no proof on Snyder these are just unsubstantiated allegations from a presumably disgruntled former player.  I get people want Snyder out...but I want him out for things he has actually done.  I’m not into character assassination to get a desired result.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

To play devil’s advocate if Bibbs has no proof on Snyder these are just unsubstantiated allegations from a presumably disgruntled former player.  I get people want Snyder out...but I want him out for things he has actually done.  I’m not into character assassination to get a desired result.  

I agree...Bibbs needs proof and alot of other players to back him up!  Doesn't add up?  Why would Dan be accused of being buddy buddy with RGIII?  Hire Doug Williams?  Buddy Buddy with Clinton Portis?  Agree to hire scumbag Santos, Let his wife create Women of Washington?  Hire Rivera?(minorities)  I think Bibbs is full of crap!  Whatever him and jay supposedly did made him upset.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't know, Bibbs is gonna have to go on the record with more details about the Snyder stuff

I meant the “overall situation” not the Bibbs video. Sorry, day drinking.

2 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

The good old, “We have work to do” statement.

I just don’t think they let him off the hook this time. It’s been all over the media today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

The good old, “We have work to do” statement.

Its just like half the name change stories though. Its not going to be good enough unless Snyder puts a dagger in his gut like a disgraced samurai

• Haha 1

Just now, Painkiller said:

I get that, but thats what evil people rely on, absolute "proof".  To them, it doesnt matter if 4 people come forward, if you dont have proof, and how could you because they destroy it, it doesnt matter if you witnessed it with your own eyes.  For Dan to be forced to sell proof isnt needed, just enough for most people to believe he definitely did this stuff.  In one breath people scream "But hes just a disgruntled former employee', yet those same people scoff at "But hes just a disgruntled former employer who would lie because he loses everything".

Theres way too much smoke here, and this house of cards is starting to burn.  If some people cant identify someones character, thats on them.  You have to literally decide to take the word of Dan Snyder over Kapri Bibbs if the two disagree.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gibbit said:

Its just like half the name change stories though. Its not going to be good enough unless Snyder puts a dagger in his gut like a disgraced samurai

Now you've got it. Make it the full katana though, just to be safe.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't know, Bibbs is gonna have to go on the record with more details about the Snyder stuff, with an actual reporter, for this to take off. Another IG vid isn't gonna do it.

I can understand players under contract keeping hush or Snyder benefit of the doubt like Snyder did, this was discussed during the protest conversations. I hate it, but is what it is.

But if folks are out the league, especially, they should be unloading on this franchise as basically eyewitnesses.  The comment about the players saying nothing, this is not the time for them to be silent if they know the truth.

I hope their is a civil suit since there won't be criminal charges. Probably won't, and what is with NFL saying the report doesn't directly implicate Snyder so won't go after him like they did the Panthers owner? This is twice in three years for us now, folks are killing me with not connecting the two like every scandal that happens here exists in a vacuum that Snyder has no idea about.

The guy that is notorious for meddling doesn't know anything about what's going on in Redskins Park? Rioght...

• Like 1

Snyder has escaped the net. **** this is a tough road. He’s off the hook though, can see the PR train in full effect already, including from Rivera. We will start bulking up the FO now, wait and see. 

We’re stuck with him. New name, re branding, Going to be a dividing time. No idea if football in 2020 is a good idea. I kind of hope it doesn’t happen. Time to take stock.

21 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

Why not? Snyder has no problem with it. 

Just listened to hour 1 of czabe from today’s show. Man have I missed him (stopped listening to local sports when I stopped watching games and dropped my tickets shortly after the 980 selling and house cleaning)

26 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

I’m not into character assassination to get a desired result.  

I completely understand and get it. 

no worries bro, I and others will do it for you. We got you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Kapri Bibbs just did an instagram interview with what looked and sounded like a middle schooler. But backed the claims of him and Jay having a romantic relationship with the same woman. Also implicated Dan in the sexual misconduct that went on..

Snyder can't handle being around black people? lol...Isn't he the one who became best buds with Lavar Arrington, Clinton Portis, RG3, Doug Williams, and forced the entire coaching squad and front office to draft Dwayne Haskins because his son went to the same high school as Haskins? lol...Didn't Snyder provide his private jet for Garcon and Ricky Jean Francois to go to Haiti on a humanitarian mission?....Bibbs doesn't come across as someone who's too familiar with the team. But hey, enjoy pinning your hopes and dreams on the guy. Su'a Cravens will probably be chiming in soon, too. Good times.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Snyder can't handle being around black people? lol...Isn't he the one who became best buds with Lavar Arrington, Clinton Portis, RG3, Doug Williams, and forced the entire coaching squad and front office to draft Dwayne Haskins because his son went to the same high school as Haskins? lol...

kapri bibbs yeah that right...Who? 

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Snyder can't handle being around black people? lol...Isn't he the one who became best buds with Lavar Arrington, Clinton Portis, RG3, Doug Williams, and forced the entire coaching squad and front office to draft Dwayne Haskins because his son went to the same high school as Haskins? lol...

ion no dude there a difference your not seeing here.

• Like 1

Who you put around you in high level positions with a high level of trust is a little different than selectively being nice to star players that are ultimately what is selling the product you make. 

im not prepared to say snyder has an issue with block people, but just cause he courted stars doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem in there somewhere about it. 

• Like 3

Once Beth Wilkinson came on board, I suspect she starting slowing things down considerably and putting lids on wherever she could. Probably one of the first things she did was a phone call to the WaPo attorneys warning them to be very VERY careful about what they publish. This probably caused the Post to sanitize the article and remove any parts of it that they thought they could get sued on.

It seemed like no coincidence to me that Thursday morning,  right after a certain local TV station and other sports outlets, Twitter etc had started going on and on about how this "sickening, bombshell" report was about to come out which could destroy the francise, NBC sports published an article on how "lawyers were now getting involved in the situation" and that was going to make it harder to "break stories". At about the same time that article had been published, we heard that Beth Wilkinson had just be hired to "review the team's culture".

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-football/report-lawyers-are-involved-pending-washington-football-news

>>....When the lawyers get involved means things are quite serious. It likely also means whatever report is expected could be delayed, and the dark cloud that seems to follow the Washington franchise will keep lingering....<<

This is why I think there really is more to come. Beth Wilkinson was brought in as the cavalry to save Dan Snyder and she immediately flattened the Post article into something, while still bad was nowhere near as bad as it had been shaping up to be before she arrived. Stay tuned, I still think there will be more shoes to drop.

Edited by SonnySideUp

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Who you put around you in high level positions with a high level of trust is a little different than selectively being nice to star players that are ultimately what is selling the product you make. 

im not prepared to say snyder has an issue with block people, but just cause he courted stars doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem in there somewhere about it. 

Yep, like saying I love Eddie Murphy (brings me attention), I hang with him all of the time. I wouldn’t hang with the people he hangs with though....especially that Charlie guy.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Snyder can't handle being around black people? lol...Isn't he the one who became best buds with Lavar Arrington, Clinton Portis, RG3, Doug Williams, and forced the entire coaching squad and front office to draft Dwayne Haskins because his son went to the same high school as Haskins? lol...Didn't Snyder provide his private jet for Garcon and Ricky Jean Francois to go to Haiti on a humanitarian mission?....Bibbs doesn't come across as someone who's too familiar with the team. But hey, enjoy pinning your hopes and dreams on the guy. Su'a Cravens will probably be chiming in soon, too. Good times.

Spoiler

I heard it took years for Dan Snyder to allow Lavar Arrington to look him in the eyes.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Haha 1

The NFL will seriously consider fining Washington’s team following accusations from 15 women of sexual harassment and verbal abuse against former club officials, and it will consider disciplinary measures against the individuals involved. But the league and fellow team owners are not expected to take formal steps to attempt to compel owner Daniel Snyder to sell the franchise, according to multiple people familiar with the NFL’s inner workings.

Snyder said Friday that the alleged behavior by former team officials, detailed in a report Thursday by The Washington Post, “has no place in our franchise or society.” The NFL said the accusations are “serious, disturbing and contrary to the NFL’s values.” The league indicated it will consider disciplinary action after reviewing the findings of the outside investigation initiated Thursday by the team.

The NFL will monitor and potentially have some participation in that review, according to one of the people with knowledge of the league’s planning and deliberations. The NFL is empowered to discipline a team, its owner or employees under its personal conduct policy. That person and another familiar with the NFL’s inner workings said a fine of the team is expected if the allegations are substantiated.

Both said that, barring new developments implicating Snyder directly, they would not expect the league or fellow owners to try to challenge Snyder’s ownership, given that he was not accused of any inappropriate behavior toward the women in the report by The Post.

“But we’ll wait to see what the investigation finds,” one of those people said. “That will be the basis for any potential discipline.”

NFL bylaws give the league and team owners the right to attempt to force the sale of a team if an owner is deemed to have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the league. Those people familiar with the NFL’s inner workings said this case, barring any new findings of involvement by Snyder, is unlike a previous case involving former Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, who chose to sell the franchise after being accused of workplace misconduct.

...UltraViolet, a women’s advocacy group, called on the NFL to remove Snyder. Shaunna Thomas, the group’s co-founder, said in a statement: “Daniel Snyder has enabled, encouraged and fostered a hostile workplace and toxic culture for women. He must go. If the NFL is serious about cleaning up its act, they will force Snyder to sell the team.”

...The NFL did not take over Washington’s investigation, one person familiar with the league’s view said, because the owner was not directly implicated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/17/nfl-calls-allegations-against-redskins-officials-serious-disturbing-contrary-leagues-values/

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

But did Ron know what he was taking over? Maybe Snyder knew he had lost all control and specifically brought Ron in to deal with all of that. Weird thought, but maybe this is Dan trying to do right.

That crossed my mind too but Ron was asked yesterday how much he knew if anything and his response was.

“I had no idea about this stuff,” Rivera said Friday in a brief interview we conducted through text-messaging.