Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Thing is, will Snyder really give a **** now? Unless we get a follow up bombshell, he’s going to ride this storm out.

I said earlier, in my opinion he seems to have a solid ally in Rivera. He’s given Ron what he wants, control, and let him appoint a whole raft of ex colleagues. Even if Rivera was pissed off, he’s committed by default to the team for the foreseeable future.

And that is a great shield for Dan.

Sheehan was one to point out that Dan doesnt run the skins(in the last decade), Bruce did. Weve seen dan/vinny and bruce in the last 2 decades. Im holding out hope that hes a hometown fan and wants to get it right

Edited by Gibbit
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

They're bashing all of his hires, including Gruden who they're claiming is a bum with a drinking problem. 

They're also convinced Ron isn't gonna work, because at the end of the day that little "pissant" is still the owner.

ALL his hires weren’t necessarily the problem.  Shottenheimer, Gibbs, and Shanahan were all excellent hires.  The problem was the culture that basically only Joe Gibbs was able to overcome.  He has a pattern of hiring a “hard ass,“ then a “players coach” then a hard ass again.  I hope Ron turns out to be just the right amount of both.  

3 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

ALL his hires weren’t necessarily the problem.  Shottenheimer, Gibbs, and Shanahan were all excellent hires.  The problem was the culture that basically only Joe Gibbs was able to overcome.  He has a pattern of hiring a “hard ass,“ then a “players coach” then a hard ass again.  I hope Ron turns out to be just the right amount of both.  

I think you're only looking at that from a coach perspective. If you look at all of his hires, with the exception of a couple they've all been disasters. For every Gibbs (which was a no brainer), there's a Cerrato, Allen, Zorn, Haslett etc...

Let’s put it this way. It took less than 5 minutes for me to know what Mitch Gershman (whatever spelling) was a total douchebag. Same with Tony Wylie,.

Apparently, he knows what he’s looking for.... but he’s consistently surrounded himself with similar types.

Yes, there are the odd good hires.... but it’s a very small rare occasion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The governor of Virginia is the latest to weigh in on Thursday's Washington Post story, which accused former Washington football team executives of sexual harassment

Calling the allegations “serious and disturbing”,  Governor Ralph Northam asked NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to find out what happened and take appropriate action.

“Commissioner Goodell needs to step in and get to the bottom of this, and quickly,” Northam said, via Mark Maske of the Washington Post.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-football/virginia-governor-wants-nfl-take-action-after-allegations-washington

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Yesterday I posted in this thread that I wondered how much Ron knew before taking the job and now we have that answer.

Ron (and most people in this scenario) would never say they regretted taking the job when put on the spot like that and maybe it's even true that he doesn't regret it but he has to have lost some trust in Dan.

That Rhiannon Walker story is pretty shameful.

Thats what I'm curious about. Did Ron know that it was a frat house and you could just always be drunk and high and chase women around all day or did he know a quop was coming and led it?

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thats what I'm curious about. Did Ron know that it was a frat house and you could just always be drunk and high and chase women around all day or did he know a quop was coming and led it?

The theme was "change the culture" Ron booted bruce...dan tried to hide him in a stadium group, but ron said nope, /boot. Ron knew the mission

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He said in that article that he wasn't aware but the article did say he didnt pause when they asked him if he regretted taking the job.

We'll see, Dan should have told him, I would be pissed if I was Ron, being hung out to dry like he was.

How do you fix culture when you're not made aware of the negative situations that created the culture problem?

1 hour ago, kleese said:

I’m also gonna throw this out there... the owner prior to Snyder, one who is generally universally loved/appreciated by the fanbase... well, I think it’s pretty clear JKC wouldn’t have been able to get too far with his “style” by today’s standards. This isn’t excuse-making; more just making sure we don’t travel too far down the road of hypocrisy. 

I understand what you’re saying but this is like the question of whether a sports figure from the 30s could make in today’s NFL, etc.  The question is unanswerable. The question is whether JKC in today’s environment would still have treated women the same. There’s no way to know for sure. 

• Like 1

Want to know something that accelerated this culture and behavior by the franchise? 

Redskins Front office: https://www.redskins.com/team/front-office-roster/ - 0 women listed. 

Eagles Front office: https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/front-office/ - I lost count after 30. 

I know I'll get some hate for this post, but we have zero women in our Front Office as far as I know. At least women that are listed. The only one I even know of is Jennifer King, but she's on the coaching staff. We have to do better, this doesn't seem like the organization is actually hiring on an equal playing field. We could be missing out on people that can really help the team win, which is THE only goal. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

He said in that article that he wasn't aware but the article did say he didnt pause when they asked him if he regretted taking the job.

We'll see, Dan should have told him, I would be pissed if I was Ron, being hung out to dry like he was.

How do you fix culture when you're not made aware of the negative situations that created the culture problem?

The cheerleader thing was public before he took the job wasnt it? cant remember

Edited by Gibbit

6 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Want to know something that accelerated this culture and behavior by the franchise? 

Redskins Front office: https://www.redskins.com/team/front-office-roster/ - 0 women listed. 

Eagles Front office: https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/front-office/ - I lost count after 30. 

I know I'll get some hate for this post, but we have zero women in our Front Office as far as I know. At least women that are listed. The only one I even know of is Jennifer King, but she's on the coaching staff. We have to do better, this doesn't seem like organization is actually hiring on an equal playing field. 

Still living on Bruce time. 

Edited by Gibbit
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Thing is, will Snyder really give a **** now? Unless we get a follow up bombshell, he’s going to ride this storm out.

Unless the fall out from this is that no one will buy merchandise (even after rebranding), go to the games or watch on tv

if we make it a big financial hit to the nfl the nfl will throw him out

probanly won’t happen. I imagine rebranding will generate a huge merchandise boom for the team and even boost attendance and tv ratings 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Panninho said:

The governor of Virginia is the latest to weigh in on Thursday's Washington Post story, which accused former Washington football team executives of sexual harassment

Calling the allegations “serious and disturbing”,  Governor Ralph Northam asked NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to find out what happened and take appropriate action.

“Commissioner Goodell needs to step in and get to the bottom of this, and quickly,” Northam said, via Mark Maske of the Washington Post.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-football/virginia-governor-wants-nfl-take-action-after-allegations-washington

If you're the governor of the state the team is headquartered in, you have no business asking the league to get to the bottom of what at minimum constitutes an extremely hostile workplace.  If you're serious about getting to the bottom of it, then get off your behind and get to the bottom of it.

Also, pending some idea that Rivera is involved, anyone trying to throw him under the buss can go kick rocks. 

he’s been thrown to the wolves for something he presumably had nothing to do with. With no executive support because the positions are empty except for the one filled by the empty suit. 

it takes great courage, resolve and character to stand up and take charge in a position like that. And I’m not even a Rivera fan. 

there’s enough people to throw stones at right now we don’t need to manufacture reasons to add Rivera to the lineup. 

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

If you're the governor of the state the team is headquartered in, you have no business asking the league to get to the bottom of what at minimum constitutes an extremely hostile workplace.  If you're serious about getting to the bottom of it, then get off your behind and get to the bottom of it.

Just an embarrassment of a person reaching for positive pr. That’s all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Also, pending some idea that Rivera is involved, anyone trying to throw him under the buss can go kick rocks. 

he’s been thrown to the wolves for something he presumably had nothing to do with. With no executive support because the positions are empty except for the one filled by the empty suit. 

it takes great courage, resolve and character to stand up and take charge in a position like that. And I’m not even a Rivera fan. 

there’s enough people to throw stones at right now we don’t need to manufacture reasons to add Rivera to the lineup. 

Ron is gibbs 3.0 so far. I do hate the negative headline with a ron picture

Edited by Gibbit