Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You HOPE not many others will come forward, because you wear the cape for these guys regularly, and refuse to just admit that these guys are scum (without adding a disclaimer that 'everyone else is too').  If you would just look at the last page of posts, one of the writers of the article flat-out said he's been bombarded with texts and e-mails since this came out.  More is definitely going to come out.  More that I'm sure you'll determine is 'piling on'.

Ok...ya got me confused? I hope they dont? Me personally? That's kind of presumptuous since you  dont know me. 

I must have missed where it was posted that several are coming forward. I just hope that those that are can be proven to be reliable...because of they are shown to be false claims...it hurts the cause...not support it.

Also, let's not forget that Snyder has been sailing the world on his yacht for the last 4 months. If he did that year-round and had a competent person running the team that would change things, but he always inserts himself, and has a terrible track record of putting people in positions of leadership that do not belong there.

Maybe if Snyder stays away on his yacht and hires and keeps a legit front office / team executive that would be one thing. But to have the newly hired head coach running the operations and coaching the team is not a good look. Rivera just got here, yet he's driving the name-change? JFC

• Like 1

Just now, Xameil said:

Ok...ya got me confused? I hope they dont? Me personally? That's kind of presumptuous since you  dont know me. 

I must have missed where it was posted that several are coming forward. I just hope that those that are can be proven to be reliable...because of they are shown to be false claims...it hurts the cause...not support it.

You have a history of defending these guys every time they get hammered by the media.  This isn't our first tango.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You have a history of defending these guys every time they get hammered by the media.  This isn't our first tango.

Nope....wrong. I have a history of waiting for facts and truth.

I do hope more come forward as long as it can be proven they are telling the truth.

45 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I'm torn between whether to put my faith in Rivera or move on. I know as soon as Rivera gets the can in 3-4 years, that nothing will have changed. I feel this is my best time to get out, if Snyder isn't forced to sell.

I cannot support a team that is run by this guy. I've always felt this way, but if this gets pushed under the rug, I feel even stronger about it.

exactly how I feel, I dont even live in the DMV anymore. I'm forcing my kids to support this mess. I am leaning towards wanting out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

Do you think Snyder could be punished because he knew the circumstances surrounding the NDAs and didn't take action to fire those involved at the time?

Im not sure what you mean by punished? 

I dont belive he is guily of committing any of the actions brought fourth in the article. I am not aware of any civil suits being filled against the organization but he would not be personally responsible in a civil action.

sexual harassment is such a difficult issue to deal with, it’s mostly hearsay and rumors. It is easier to prove today than years ago because most perpetrators don’t stop at comments, they will text and use other forms of electronic communication which is easier for the company to obtain and use for dismissal of the bad Apple so to speak.

its not like embezzlement or theft, being late for work, no call no show employees which are much more easily proven and terminated. Sexual harassment is sneaky, usually with only the perp and the victim present. It’s also one of the most devastating employee issues, SA (sexual harassment)  can destroy a persons self worth, their ability to function at work, the work environment, productivity. It’s truly one of the worst work place issues to have , the only hope a company has is if the victim comes forward quickly before the situation escalates.

15 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Who is Elle Duncan, and when did she work for the team?

She works for ESPN. I don't think she worked for the Redskins but this stuff ist not limited to DC. I bet almost every female reporter has some experiences in that regard.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Absolute trash from Snyder there.  A PR piece to primarily point out hes "setting a new culture and standard" so dont blame him for past stuff.

Notice there is not one single word of apology in it, not a single word to the victims.  He doesnt care about them and anything that happened because he knew all of it, he only cares that he got caught.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

Never heard of the Daily Caller, curious what comes out of this. Ah apparently some right-wing news outlet founded by Tucker Carlson. Well, not really getting my hopes up then.

Yeah part of their shtick is calling out the left leaning media.  If Harrison and the Daily Caller have a juicer story and the vetted sources then by all means run with it.  Harrison's throwing a lot out their on twitter.  I know he's connected with Smoot and other people who've worked around the team and has probably heard a lot of stories out of Redskins Park. 

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the more I fear there's a possible controversy brewing nobody is thinking about.

The Elle Duncan clip has her tearfully talking about how the culture of misogyny and sexual harassment can be changed if the players take a stand and say they won't play for a team and owner that allows this to happen. That if it were racism instead, there would be more action and outrage on the part of players (and I assume the team society in general). It's hard to disagree with that view.

Unfortunately, our current head coach a few short years ago had his players cheering his team owner's name in support and gratitude after a victory, shortly after the owner had been forced to sell the team for sexual harassment and inappropriate sexual behavior towards female employees...as well as for using a racist slur against a black scout. When criticized for it, Rivera's response was basically "I don't know anything about that, I just know he was good to me." Not a good answer.

That's a possible problem. If as Duncan says it will require the players making a statement that they will not play for a team and owner that allows sexual harassment of women to take place, it will be difficult to juxtapose that stance with Rivera leading players on a cheer for an owner who was actually caught committing sexual harassment. Imagine if that were to happen now with the Redskins, where a week or two after this article hits the players all cheered "Mr. Snyder!" and saying all they knew was Dan was good to them. That would be horrific, especially if the article had lead to him having to sell the team. There's video footage of Rivera doing this with the Panthers players towards their owner. Don't be surprised if it starts getting tweeted.

That's the way I found out about it, someone responding to a tweet calling Rivera a "savior" and right man to clean up the Redskins' misogynistic culture. The tweet laughed off the idea that the same man that was cheering Richardson would somehow clean up sexual harassment. From there I found numerous other tweets doing the same, along with an article basically saying that "while Rivera's words sound good, don't forget about him getting the players to cheer Richardson". My personal belief is that Rivera made a mistake but his views towards always treating women with respect are genuine. But there is no denying that his actions with the Panthers could very well become a topic in the near future. Hopefully he has a better response this time than "I don't know anything about that, I just know he was good to me."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I do hope more come forward as long as it can be proven they are telling the truth.

Nope, wrong, you have a history of supporting the abuser.

You dont care about facts and truth and have shown that for some time.  Hes right, this has been a long pattern with you, and a disturbing one.  You have what is obvious right in front of you, but you gleefully choose to put forth that dozens and dozens and dozens of women cant be trusted, because its their word against a few high ranking people in authority who would be severely hurt by anything coming out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I feel like he’s not nearly as squeaky clean in this whole mess as you think.

He (McLovin’) may not be. However, even if he was a participant in this kind of repugnant behavior, he’s not the primary focus. Lord Farquaad and Allen are. As one of too many recipients of some really shoddy treatment at their hands, he can sit back, watch these chickens come home to roost knowing he got off a sinking ship before it went down with little or no stench on himself. Like I said, I hope he’s somewhere laughing his ass off.

When Lord Farquaad bought the team, like many of us I thought as a businessperson, he’d right the ship from what IMO was the poor management of JKC’s son. Little did we know that Snyder knew nothing, literally nothing about managing anything. What he did/does know is arbitrage. He can recognize value, but he clearly can’t create it or in this case, even maintain it.

Finally, I f someone has already made this point, please forgive me. I only have time to read the last couple of pages of the thread and throw this out there. First, let me say the behavior described in the WaPo story is horrendous and has no place in any workplace. Period. That said, am I the only one who, upon reading the story thought, “Is that all?”. Of course it’s awful and Danny deserves more than whatever small punishment the league will begrudgingly give out. However, I was expecting much more/worse shenanigans. I shouldn’t have bought into all the hype.🙄 

There’s no way in hell the league is going to force a sale over this. They’ll slap his wrist, probably mostly with punishments that further damage the on-field product, give him a behind the scenes wink/nod and wait for it all to blow over. The only way it doesn’t work out like that is for us to start making noise with sponsors. We have a daughter and there’s no way in hell I’ll ever take her to see a Washington game as long as this turd (apologies to turds everywhere) owns it. These days, I’m less interested in the NFL altogether and this kind of garbage lets me know that distance is a good thing.

17 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

I dont belive he is guily of committing any of the actions brought fourth in the article.

He doesn’t have to be directly involved. 

thats part of being the top guy. It’s your job to run a clean ship. And saying “I didn’t know” is not an excuse

i don’t know what proper punishment is and I wouldn’t be comfortable commenting without feeling better about having all the details or at least a majority. 

but this idea that the top dog doesn’t get punished unless they’re directly involved is silly. We see it all the time. It comes with the territory. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

I dont belive he is guily of committing any of the actions brought fourth in the article. I am not aware of any civil suits being filled against the organization but he would not be personally responsible in a civil action.

sexual harassment is such a difficult issue to deal with, it’s mostly hearsay and rumors. It is easier to prove today than years ago because most perpetrators don’t stop at comments, they will text and use other forms of electronic communication which is easier for the company to obtain and use for dismissal of the bad Apple so to speak.

its not like embezzlement or theft, being late for work, no call no show employees which are much more easily proven and terminated. Sexual harassment is sneaky, usually with only the perp and the victim present. It’s also one of the most devastating employee issues, SA (sexual harassment)  can destroy a persons self worth, their ability to function at work, the work environment, productivity. It’s truly one of the worst work place issues to have , the only hope a company has is if the victim comes forward quickly before the situation escalates.

Like forced to sell or not be allowed around the team? Even if he didnt commit the acts but he was aware of them doesnt that make him guilty in some sense if he didnt fire the party involved?  If he knew of the NDA then he knew who committed the act.  Even if the woman or women are going away with severance and legally cant say anything, shouldn't he still have fired the guys involved? Especially if there are repeated allegations? Even with one allegations a formal investigation should be launched and if that investigation hinted at guilt, they should have been fired then in my opinion.

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

The official statement from Snyder was lacking in so many ways.  I am sure a "professional image consultant" wrote it and then he approved sending it out.

I wonder what his wife is thinking right now.  I wonder if she could convince him to sell the team?

His statements (and most team statements in general) are always completely underwhelming and they all sound just like you said...some consultant came in and wrote it in a way that makes it sound like they're taking something seriously while simultaneously being completely vague and milquetoast. I hate that sort of ****. It's the kind of corporate-protect-your-ass statement I've seen before when working in large organizations.

And I have a hard time believing that Snyder and Allen didn't know about this **** happening and did nothing because they didn't think they had to. The fish rots from the head down, and these types of corporate cultures are almost always either actively or passively enabled by the top leadership. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Xameil said:

he's more right on this than  you are--you have serious and debilitating (cred wise) blind spots...the wording  in the last sentence for example

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

he's more right on this than  you are--you have serious and debilitating (cred wise) blind spots...the wording  in the last sentence for example

Ok...I was never very good at wording...I'll have to be more aware of that.

8 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I wonder what his wife is thinking right now.  I wonder if she could convince him to sell the team?

That 60% is owned by him, his wife, & his mother.

IF two of them were sell their percentages along with the other 40%....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

My personal belief is that Rivera made a mistake but his views towards always treating women with respect are genuine. But there is no denying that his actions with the Panthers could very well become a topic in the near future. Hopefully he has a better response this time than "I don't know anything about that, I just know he was good to me."

If it comes down to keeping Rivera and this keeping Snyder or getting Snyder to sell the team and losing Rivera as a casualty...well..bye Ron. 

I don’t have any warm feelings toward Ron anyway and I doubt very much he is the guy to turn this around so to me, he puts on a good face and we can see what he can do, but I’m not losing any sleep over him getting caught up in a past mistake and getting axed if it gets us clear of Dan too 

i would love to see the team take a stand and refuse to play forcing Dans hand and if that catches Ron, oh well. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2