Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

26 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

The law firm they hired is the tip top of recognizable, they will be extremely expensive.  I doubt it's just a PR move.

Dan hired the law firm to cover his ass.   To make sure any possible legal exposure is limited and any sanctions against from the NFL is limited.

I don’t want any former players on that broadcast team. I really don’t want any local radio show host either. None of them capture what I want. They need to find guys like the Nats and Caps have. Those guys are intelligent and get me excited when I listen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

... Dan doesn't spend to win. He talked about how he heard from Cooley their weight room for eons was subpar ...

have never understood why a mult-billion enterprise has football training facilities comparable to a D-2 school.   at minimum they should be similar to Alabama ... LSU ... or even Maryland. 

C88B1B43-6E0C-4254-ABA7-5D378453D047.jpeg

CF68F855-7F73-4573-8FA2-5BBE4768A051.jpeg

C460096F-0C57-443A-AC17-4BEECD1E1954.jpeg

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Shakazullo21 said:

There are only two names that should be mentioned to be the play by play host.  Frank Herzog, and Steve Buchantz.  We need all the good ju ju we can get.  

I love Frank's voice for play by play but he was making a lot of mistakes with players, yardage, etc. by the time he left. I'd imagine that would be even worse 16+ years later so I think this is a case where they should look to someone new.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

I love Frank's voice for play by play but he was making a lot of mistakes with players, yardage, etc. by the time he left. I'd imagine that would be even worse 16+ years later so I think this is a case where they should look to someone new.

It would be nice if they only brought Frank back to say "Touchdown! Washington Red....s" and maybe some of the pre-game stuff. Let someone else do the play-by-play

15 hours ago, joeken24 said:

This is not necessarily direct solely at you but..

I think we all need to take a chill pill. Its not like we are not on this forum, all rooting for the team and even have hashtags symbolizing the team. We all knew about the cheerleader story and we all know about the latest. Yet we're still here. So besides this organization, who's culpable.That would be you. If its so important to your well-being, I think you'd be better served at stepping in front of a mirror? Or you need to face another fact. That is, we're football fans, rooting for our hometown team located in the epicenter for drama, politics, and conspiracy. The only ones not really ****ing with this area's bull**** are the players. They play football and don't have time to get caught up with stupid ****. But we do. We've been bred in this sludge. The Washington Post, 106.7 the fan and all the other media outlets cater to the fan base's general hunger for bull****. If not, they'd have a feel good story once every blue ****ing moon. But they don't. Its always doom and gloom. So with all that said, I believe that is the culture Ron needs to shift. The players are going to play. Hell players are here one day, gone the next. A good leader can change a organization fairly easy. But the media narrative, the mindset of the fans and eventually the national narrative is the challenge Ron faces. It's actually a perfect time for Ron to do it. Winning helps a lot. 

I looked in the mirror, I look fine.

I am a fan of the team. I despise the owner.  I separate my feelings for the team from my feelings about the owner.  Thing is when the owner does bad things or allows bad things to happen; it hurts the team.  We have 21 years of that.  The owner kept Bruce Allen too long, when he had a record of failure.  We saw just how much Bruce Allen hurt this team.  They kept a mediocre coach too long and we saw what happened.    The cheerleading scandal and now sexual harassment scandal, has hurt the team.   Even if Snyder didn't personally know about it, he's the owner and it happened under his ownership.  Once the investigation is complete; we will see what sanctions will occur.  If the NFL is serious about sexual harassment; the penalties will be severe.  Why severe sanctions for a non-NFL/field related item.  The NFL wants women viewers.  They want to keep growing.  Well, if the NFL doesn't take sexual harassment seriously; then they will lose viewers.  Remember, alot of those NFL teams had their stadiums built with taxpayers money.  

Dan has run a lousy organization. He has destroyed the team.  Ron is a fresh start but already his tenure is marred by past problems coming back to haunt us.  Dan has bleed fans. He has lost a generation of fans.  He will lose even more fans with the name change.  So, he's going to have very small fanbase left.   The team will have to become a consistent winner, to even have a shot of rebuilding that.  With all these scandals, who knows how long Rivera is here.  Will he even really be able to turn things around?    Dan has given Ron the power but we all know Dan likes to interfere.  How long before Dan reverts to his old ways?   If Rivera wins, it will be in spite of the owner.

This is Dan's last chance and if Ron's tenure is like all others; Dan will have a very limited fanbase. 

I know believe that none of the local leaders should offer Dan a stadium.  He wants a new stadium, let him spend his own money.  He can get a loan from the NFL to pay for it. They've done that for other teams.  Taxpayers dollars should not go Dan Snyder.  

Now, welcome to the Redskins Chase.  We sign him yet?  Rookies are due to report today.

• Like 1

If you really want to change the culture, Julie is a great initial step. Its a massive boon that she will have so much control over the public face of the franchise, allowing her to at least effect how we are viewed on both the local and national stage.

I can see moves like this bringing this organization back to life (Zombie Pun)

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

The law firm they hired is the tip top of recognizable, they will be extremely expensive.  I doubt it's just a PR move.

Hopefully that law firm Snyder hired will just tell him he needs to sell the team. Now that would be some fantastic PR.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

The team keeps hiring women, while news of widespread sexual harassment keeps coming out. Yikes. :ols:

Snyder need to feed on souls is insatiable. Gotta keep the cabinet stocked with fresh meat.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Dan hired the law firm to cover his ass.   To make sure any possible legal exposure is limited and any sanctions against from the NFL is limited.

A large part of limiting legal exposure is to show change and that you're taking it seriously.  That law firm was hired to audit the existing policies and organization for issues/failures that could crop up in employment law.  At the very least, the law firm is going to be responsible for overhauling the handbooks/guidelines/policies for conduct in the workplace, reporting bad conduct, and repercussions of bad conduct.

The team has to show that they're putting in place strong steps to prevent future sexual harassment.  The law firm is absolutely going to have a say in who/how the team hires people in the future.  The question is whether the law firm thinks pushing for a demographic shift is immediately necessary.  I'm going to guess yes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shakazullo21 said:

There are only two names that should be mentioned to be the play by play host.  Frank Herzog, and Steve Buchantz.  We need all the good ju ju we can get.  

Gotta be Buckhantz.  Frank has to be close to 80 by now.

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

At least we have balls to offer Donaldson and she has got the guts to accept it. Don't know if it's going to work but if you threat he wrong I guess we will know asap. There were a lot more safer hires.

I give her all the credit in the world, because I don't think I would watch this organization's long treatment of women and read that WP article and within a week think "I gotta get in on that".  They'd have to prove it first that things are different, the promise things would be different wouldn't be enough for me. There's just as many reasons to be skeptical as there are to be optimistic that it's going to be different.

But jobs like that are probably hard to come by, and even harder for a woman, so I don't blame her.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I give her all the credit in the world, because I don't think I would watch this organization's long treatment of women and read that WP article and within a week think "I gotta get in on that".  They'd have to prove it first that things are different, the promise things would be different wouldn't be enough for me. There's just as many reasons to be skeptical as there are to be optimistic that it's going to be different.

But jobs like that are probably hard to come by, and even harder for a woman, so I don't blame her.

I agree with everything you say about having trepidation working for this team, as well as the last part about the scarcity of these types of positions...I mean the guy she was replacing was an EVP of a multi-billion dollar company, really. There's a draw there.

13 minutes ago, justice98 said:

On the other hand, she's golden in the short term. She will probably have more latitude and a more generous honeymoon period than other new employees because they will be afraid of the blow back if she faces anything that looks at all like questionable behavior.

Long term, the job might turn to ****, but right now, everyone is going to try to be on their very best behavior.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 09 said:

have never understood why a mult-billion enterprise has football training facilities comparable to a D-2 school.   at minimum they should be similar to Alabama ... LSU ... or even Maryland. 

I agree, I've always wondered that.  I've never been to Redskins Park, but just from observing on TV, it looks like a dump, inside and out.  I live down the street from the Ravens complex and it looks like a palace in comparison.  I would think Snyder would want to just keep up with the teams in the division.  The park in Ashburn is almost 30 years old.  There've been renovations over the years, but it doesn't beat having a brand new, state of the art facility.  I would think he'd want to just keep up with the teams in the division, who all have superior facilities.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

My thinking is that she's been connected to the team for years and that gives her a stronger foundation of comfort than those whose understanding of the team is through articles and reports. Not to mention it appears (at least right now) that the most toxic execs have either retired or been fired. Add on to that the spotlight that's on the team will make the culture less likely to be damaging, at least for the time being. It's not that big a stretch to imagine Donaldson being ok with working there, outside of how her rep might take some dings as people claim she's selling her soul to be used by Snyder as a company shield, a claim I expect to be aimed at pretty much any women who starts working there after the article was published.

Edited by Califan007